Star Ocean 5

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Star Ocean 5

Post by Noraibah »

8) Um.............will there ever be a ST 5?
Anyone???
Cuz I'm really ,really obsessed with Star Ocean!!! :oops:
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
LanceHeart

Re: Star Ocean 5

Post by LanceHeart »

Maybe. tri-Ace have been pumping out failure after failure when it comes to trying out new games, so they might as well go back to Star Ocean soon enough.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Star Ocean 3 was bad. Star Ocean 4 was terrible. They might make a fifth game, but the chances of me playing it are close to nil unless some serious changes happen at Tri-Ace. I swear, Suguro (Valkyrie Profile 2, Resonance of Fate) is the only redeeming factor of that company.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Valkyrie Profile 2 is more horrible than any of the star ocean games
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

They might not have the best reviews, but as long as they continue to sell they can always dish out tons of them.

No idea how much they've sold tho, but I think it's a decent number at least.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

They could start with a better star ocean 2 remake on higher level platform like ps3 or 360. Shinier graphics, better voice acting, same great storyline with maybe a few more side quests. I 'd buy that. That be good for breathing some life back into the series, before they try to do a S.O.5
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well I doubt they'd remake Star Ocean 2 seeing as they released it with a bit shinier stuff on the PSP along with new voices.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

gildedtalon wrote:Valkyrie Profile 2 is more horrible than any of the star ocean games
You're crazy.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Hirathien wrote:They might not have the best reviews, but as long as they continue to sell they can always dish out tons of them.

No idea how much they've sold tho, but I think it's a decent number at least.
Star Ocean or tri-Ace games in general?

If it's tri-Ace in general, their past 2 new IPs were as close to complete flops as you can get. Star Ocean 4 sold a lot better than them.

Their roster of relatively new, non-flop IPs are currently Infinite Undiscovery and Resonance of Fate. IU is a MS property and they seem to have abandoned trying to spearhead the JRPG market; RoF is a SEGA property and they seem to be in a state of horrendous disarray.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Thanks for all the really,really nice replies guys!
Much appreciated!
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
kratoscar2008

Post by kratoscar2008 »

Xelinis wrote:Star Ocean 3 was bad. Star Ocean 4 was terrible. They might make a fifth game, but the chances of me playing it are close to nil unless some serious changes happen at Tri-Ace. I swear, Suguro (Valkyrie Profile 2, Resonance of Fate) is the only redeeming factor of that company.
valkyrie profile 2 is Crap, I played like crazy Valkyrie Profile for PSX and i was especting the same level in 2 and i was so dissapointed, the battle system is awful and the non-main characters are boring.

Another Star Ocean would need a new Battle system and correct the date sim elements.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, Star Ocean 2 will always have a special place in my heart. It was so innovative for the time, even if it was somewhat cheesy. Star Ocean 3 was worse, much worse, but it did have some redeeming qualities. While the storyline itself went off of the deep end near the end of the game, the back story and Sci-Fi elements -including false scientific advancement like Graviton Warp- were all pretty well thought-out. The battle system would be beaten by more fluid real time RPG action later in the days of the PS2, but it is still decent and fun to play. The dissapointing end to the game and its silly grinding/item creation were its real draw backs.

And yes, Star Ocean 4 was clearly terrible. The battle system could not even live up to Star Ocean 3. To be honest, despite how much I love the series, I could not get very far, as I gave up in disgust.

Tri-Ace seems to be suffering from the same problems that other SquareEnix developers are. These problems are too many to list here, but with the obvious decline of Star Ocean and Final Fantasy, I would not hold your breath for any worthy sequel to emerge.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I just got hold of the first three Star Ocean games, have yet to play any of them though as I've quite a sizeable backlog to get through. They're some of the games I'm itching over most though.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I never managed to play the first one, but I really like the second one. I think you'll have a great time with that one at least!
kratoscar2008

Post by kratoscar2008 »

SO 2 TSH is a good game, i have finished only with Claude and im now getting another playtrought with Rena as the MC, the game is quite difficult trough the game so make sure to grind A LOT when you have the chance. Make sure to know what character like what food since the food is cheap and if the character like a given food can restore a big amount of SP and you need SP A LOT.