The One King

Ask questions about the events and characters related to Suikoden Tierkreis here.
Kranach

The One King

Post by Kranach »

Supposedly Tierkreis is a part of the Suikoden Infinity? Meaning that the original Suikoden world is somewhere out there in the infinity. So you could only defeat the one king with the power of the 12 chronicles combined. But what if the one king was ever to destroy the Suikoden world we all know? Do they have their own true chronicle? I mean that would explain why there are different races in the Suikoden world, with worlds fusing. Is the power of the 27 True Runes way enough to beat the The One King? So I guess since The One King was beaten in Tierkreis the events in the original Suikoden world happened later, because they can normally live their lives without fearing the advent of the one king?
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
Runemaster

Re: The One King

Post by Runemaster »

Kranach wrote:Supposedly Tierkreis is a part of the Suikoden Infinity? Meaning that the original Suikoden world is somewhere out there in the infinity
I don't think so. It was set in a 'parallel world' and I believe TRUE Suikoden doesn't belong to the Infinity.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Technically, every Suikoden world known to us so far belongs to this Infinity (aka the Million Worlds). Which regrettably include the main world featured in the numbered Suikoden titles.

There are others like the World of Wings and Scales, and Yuber/Yohn's world which don't exactly resemble the ones featured in Tierkreis, too.

Perhaps the 27 True Runes are the representation of the main world's True Chronicle? We know that they don't have the assume the form of a book, like the Chronicle of Sacred Twin Blades.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Except this "infinity" crap is nothing like what the Million Worlds were supposed to be.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I'm a little confused between 'universe' and 'worlds'. It is said it occurred in a universe parallel to the true and original world.. So if what we state here is true then it is only a world away instead of a universe.

I hate this.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

The True Runes being the true chronicle would make sense, cause the True Runes have will of their own, it records history of it's past owner, and can even show the future at least to Luc. That is a lot of chronicles. Even TOK will have a hard time descending. Collecting all 27 True Runes, Harmonia was not even close.
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Runemaster wrote:I'm a little confused between 'universe' and 'worlds'. It is said it occurred in a universe parallel to the true and original world.. So if what we state here is true then it is only a world away instead of a universe.

I hate this.
i believe in this context world and universe are synonymous.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Hmm.. Trying to believe it makes things clearer.

Having 27 true Runes in a world probably means a really, really large and old world.

It's just that it provides more of power than memories.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The Chronicles embody different kinds of powers as well, with Endless Travel and Tatau Council being some of the obvious ones. i.e. creating Gateways and sealing other Chronicles' powers respectively.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Spoilers for the new DS game are not allowed outside of the designated forums. Moving.
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Except this "infinity" crap is nothing like what the Million Worlds were supposed to be.
I second you here Raww Le Klueze. The chronicles were somewhat interesting but the infinity is totally crap. Also, I do not believe that the 27 True Runes and the Chronicles can exist in the same universe.

Have you all forgotten about the origin of the 27 True Runes and the fight between the "Sword" and "Shield"?
In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.

Being the backbone of the Suikoden World that allows the existence of the universe, True Runes are the Gods of the suikoden world
source: http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Did the last line also come from the Old Book of Suikoden?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

No. That line is a commentary.

On that note, what is the Million Worlds (basically a direct translation of what the Japanese team officially dubbed as "Infinity") supposed to be actually?

Has this actually been discussed in detail before, beyond mere glimpse of random assortments of worlds like the World of Emptiness, World of Wings and Scales, Viki's homeworld, etc?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Then we shouldn't base the facts in comments and it's safe to say that
"Being the backbone of the Suikoden World that allows the existence of the universe, True Runes are the Gods of the suikoden world"
is an unconfirmed statement and as of the moment, it's best to consider it falsehood as of now.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

what i hate most about this is how small it makes the 27 true runes seem comparatively. blah.