A Possible Sequel (Major Spoilers)?

Ask questions about the events and characters related to Suikoden Tierkreis here.
truewarhead

Re: A Possible Sequel (Major Spoilers)?

Post by truewarhead »

Yeah, but from the looks of it, even if the worlds fusion didn't occur, each planet only had one race/culture/theme. At least the humans were amazed at the furious roar, so it implies that they never saw a non-human, even in their own world (that should have more diversity...). So its not a question of a single nation not having some complexity, but a whole world.

About Cynas, when did that info appeared ? Wasn't aware of that (haven't finished the game with 108 SoD tho).

And if Grayridge is natural shouldn't Citro be it too? It didn't look like Marica and Jale were very amazed, beside remembering there shouldn't be a forest there (comparing to the "new" worlds when they all remembered how the former worlds were).
Belcoot4

Tierkreis II???

Post by Belcoot4 »

At first I was very hesitant on how Suikoden Tierkreis would be, especialy switching to Nintendo platform. After playing and beating Tierkreis three times I'm really glad I took the time to play it. I thought it was unique way of making the story so different from the rest yet still similar. I like to think that Tierkreis takes place even way before SIV, even though most say it has nothing to do with the series, I like to compare it kind of to the bible and how the earth was started all those theories intertwind. And this brings me to my question:
Should there be a Suikoden Tierkreis II?
Would it be good to have a seperate branch of the series?(like the Final Fantasy's on Gameboy)
If they did make a Tierkreis II, would you want the story to continue or branch off from where it ended? a whole new story?
I'd just like to know how most people feel about the game and its future. (including parts of the story, characters, game play)
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
LanceHeart

Re: Tierkreis II???

Post by LanceHeart »

Considering how the world's story pretty much ended and wrapped up nicely (except for a couple of far too obvious foreshadowing bits), I don't really want Tierkreis 2 to take place in the same universe as the first. To do so would only further raise older fans' ire if such a game comes out before any other game that's related to the original universe.

Since the possibilities of Tierkreis are endless, making world hopping a part of the game would be far more interesting than the relatively simple premise of the first game.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Thats true it would be rather simplicit to remain in the current world. I just thought it would be great to have an off series of the same series that relates but at the same time doesn't. I do hope though they get on with the current story starting after SIII before they work on any other projects. This is something I'm hoping for in the future because it is fun switching over to the hand held every once in awhile.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
*Liu*

Post by *Liu* »

I like to see Tierkreis II placed in the North Star Empire. I think the false cronicles are powerful weapons that maybe change the destiny of a war. The civil war in the North Star can be influenced by a false cronicle. I think i would be a great game =) Too bad there no way Liu come back, cause the estrategist is never the same. :(
Sorry for my bad english people....
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Though it is not necessarily my place to mention this, there is already another thread on this:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 60&t=10715

Please be thorough when investigating before starting new threads.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Since discussing potential sequels for Tierkreis cannot (and should not, really) avoid mentioning plot/character spoilers, the two topics have been merged.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Oh. I just beat the game again and I noticed the two...jungle people...I forget their names. The girl's name starts with an L I believe. Anyway, their end of the game credits state that they have 5 children. Possible next new group of 5 for Tierkreis?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Falenan_descent wrote:Oh. I just beat the game again and I noticed the two...jungle people...I forget their names. The girl's name starts with an L I believe. Anyway, their end of the game credits state that they have 5 children. Possible next new group of 5 for Tierkreis?
Bosche and Lathilda.

Well a group that has connections from the past games is better than creating more new uninteresting characters that you recruit and that's it.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Anything can happen. If they are using their kids as the next quintet though, it'd probably be quite a significant time lapse, which may or may not be desirable.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

They don't really need to be that old. It'd be funny if they were all 5 years old, though. Heh. And had varying weapons.
newsuikofan

Post by newsuikofan »

Antimatzist wrote:
kippei wrote:i also like the idea of having the main series on say the consoles, and having this one via a portable one like the DS... that way I can play suiko wherever, whenever >_>
Yeah, that'd be perfect, much like Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (or... something else :D)

I wouldn't mind a direct Tierkreis-follow up and an own Tierkreis-franchise. Well, we have to wait until Konami announces anything, but I guess Tierkreis' world is rich enough on its own. I just hope to see more kingdoms with more than one city.
Except Tierkreis is actually good and not garbage like Crystal Chronicles.

Suikoden also needs it own tactics series like Final Fantasy has(Suikoden Tactics 2, 3, 4 etc?)
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

There's also the fact that they mentioned other countries like the country minen is from and we all know how konami likes to mention names of other countries and then we see them in a future installment.

I'd love to see a sequel to tierkreis.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Mrs. Luca Blight

Post by Mrs. Luca Blight »

Tierkreis world isn't as developed as the original suikoden... but i don't mind any sequel. chance to mend everything.
Currently making Suikoden fan-fict manga!!!
Fei Wong

Post by Fei Wong »

Well, it might be considererd outside of the normal series, but i loved the game, it was one of the best games of DS and i think a sequel is possible, one of the creators said that. The infinity has many possibilities for a great made story, but i think that if there is a Tierkreis 2 it has to be made on 3DS.
Let our mercy as deep as the Feitas and our authority as powerful as the Sun be revealed to the entire World!!