Mic check....this thing on?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
bookwormbabe29

Mic check....this thing on?

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

Ok, so seeing as how the last post for this game is not from this year or even last year, the odds of anyone seeing this are low. Still, I find myself with a copy of this game for the first time, and I'm giving it a chance. I find myself with some questions, and figure I'll ask, see if anyone answers. What could go wrong?

1. Inventory space. Seeing as how weapons work this game, I'm tempted to buy one of each weapon to have options. I try to google how much I can hold, inventory space, and what I can find is 'near infinite' but "with some problems." Which is contrary and confusing. I know 99 is the limit for most items, but how many different types of items/weapons/armors can one hold? If anyone knows, I'd love to hear from you.

2. Trade items. This seems to be a mess from the old posts. Long story short, I find myself with a lot of materials, like 98 wool yarns. In looking up a good place to sell said yarn, I find notes about how making a good profit on wool yarn can unlock wool cloth and maybe other items/weapons. How does this work? If I sell my yarn as a good price, will the shop just start selling the cloth? Will there be a message? A quest? I was hoping to make a quick buck and I find myself with a lot of questions with no clear answers. If anyone could clarify, I would be delighted to hear from you.

If you are seeing this.... well, thank you or your time and for checking on such a desolate board ;)
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: Mic check....this thing on?

Post by Vextor »

I read your post, but the last time I messed with Tierkris is nearly 10 years ago and my memory is totally shot. However, just wanted to say I did read your post!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I mean, I read it too but I don't know anything about Tierkreis.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

1. I don't really understand your problem. I think I once cheated every possible item in my inventory. So: You have space for every item in the game (and some which did not make it into the game). You can definitely buy every weapon, I'm sure of that.

2. Just make a lot of profit from the trade. It will just unlock in the shop, no meassge, nor quest. It will just be there. Iirc, it should then be in ever shop that sells that specific item. Nobody ever bothered to check the exact limit of how much profit you have to make to unlock these items. Just sell a lot.
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

Hm, I'll try posting here, see if I can avoid a new topic. Does anyone know of the 'lower level' of the Greyridge mine? From what I'm reading there is a lower level, but I can't seem to find it. I'm not sure if it's not available yet or if I'm just looking in the wrong place.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It is available late in the game. Like in the second half or so?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I think the mine is connected to a dungeon that you need to visit later on in the game. It's supposed to be possible to access early so you can recruit the blacksmith, but you might want to leave it for later as the monsters will be tough.
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

Well, I finished this game this morning, so I'll let these boards go back to collecting dust. I wanted to give a thank you to all those who read and contributed here, as I didn't expect anyone to see this post.

I will also say I enjoyed this game far more than I expected when I picked it up. I ignored it when it came out due to all the bad reviews of it 'not being a real suikoden' and what not. My brother found a used copy cheap and gave it to me for Christmas, so I decided to give it a shot. And to me, it really felt like a suikoden game. The stars, the recruitment, the music, the mysteries... it would have been nice to try to make a connection to the other games, make mention of Runes, Viki and Jeane, something. Still, I was pleasantly surprised. The ending was a bit weak, but you can't have it all.

Again I say, thank you for reading, and giving me your time. TTFN ;)