my Suikoden Tierkreis questions

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Bryght Knowledge

my Suikoden Tierkreis questions

Post by Bryght Knowledge »

I'm thinking about buying this game. Is it worthwhile to play?

I never seen or played this game. Is it following the same game plan like the other Suikoden games, that you find a castle-headquarters and recruit characters to join as allies or to run their businesses in your castle-headquarters?

Who is the hero in this game?

Does the hero gain a true rune?

What does the castle-headquarters look like?
gildedtalon

Re: my Suikoden Tierkreis questions

Post by gildedtalon »

The game is crap, I only like the story and the music
My hero's name is Barbos
He doesn't gain a True Rune
The castle looks really bad to me

Yes, you find a castle and 108 characters to recruit as allies
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

This game is not set in the main Suikoden world, so there are no runes at all.
The story is pretty ok, I guess, the graphics are not so good. The music is good, voice acting is ok or bad at times.

I actually like the design of the HQ, it's really pretty, but there are no mini games at all that you can complete, so it feels a bit empty.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

There are no runes at all in this game, and no characters from any other suikoden games.

The hero actually talks in this game, which makes a change.

The castle is not that bad, actually. No mini games, but one of the characters has a movie gallery which lets you view all of the animated cut scenes, which are quite nice. You can also get a training hall in the basement which lets you fight summoned monsters of different levels. There is also a character who provides you with jobs and quests, which allow you to recruit new characters.

The 2d hand drawn environments are very pretty but the polygon characters are hideous. All the characters have the same proportions, and instead of having their own personal weapon and fighting style, you can choose different weapons to give every character, so they don't really have their own animations either. It would have been much better if the whole game was done in 2d.