Wifi content?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
mockturtle

Wifi content?

Post by mockturtle »

I'm sorry to ask this like an idiot, but I'm trying to get a bunch of DS games with wifi content done before the 20th, and I'm down to two more I need to play (this and Fossil Fighters: Champions). I'm still a little confused about just what exactly connecting Tierkreis to wifi does for you; I read the quests sticky, but I'm not sure if that's it, as it were. Looking for more info online has proven rather useless. Can someone clarify for me? I think I can only get through one of the two by Tuesday, and I don't want to choose Fossil Fighters thinking that Suikoden just has some optional quests, and then find out down the line that there were story elements or recruitable characters that I'm locked out of forever. I'd really appreciate some help here. Thanks!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Wifi content?

Post by patapi »

Just optional quests. However, the Trading Post's list cannot be completed without access to WiFi contents.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

And are either of those things important, per se? (I know that everything Suikoden is important, of course, but disregarding that...) For example, the DLC quests in Dragon Quest IX (what I just finished) are technically optional, but at the same time, a lot of them contain story elements, too. Again, just trying to prioritize before my fingers fall off. Thanks!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

No, it's just optional content. Mostly, you complete your trading post, get more of Balsa's items and I think some equipment as well. But you can still access it - yyou just need a friend with a Tierkreis module and then you can still do the quests.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

What is this "friend" concept of which you speak? (Seriously, though, no one I know plays JRPGs.)

At any rate, I'm glad to have gotten this sorted out. Thank you both for all your help!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Or buy a second hand DS and the game :P This might be the most expensive option.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

If the content really isn't that important, I doubt that'll even be necessary. :lol: