Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to be discontinued in May 2014

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to be discontinued in May 2014

Post by patapi »

Nintendo has announced that they will no longer support the Wi-Fi Connection past May 20, 2014, so this should serve as a reminder for those who might still be interested to "complete" their Tierkreis experience. (Or, any other DS/Wii titles that rely on the same feature, for that matter.)

On that note, this decision feels rather premature, since even newly released 3DS/2DS continue to have backwards compatibility with DS titles, but that's corporate decision-making for you.

Have fun with Tierkreis' Infinity while it's still up and running, everyone.
Antimatzist

Re: Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to be discontinued in May 2014

Post by Antimatzist »

I am not sure if Tierkreis will also be disconnected as it isn't included on the official Nintendo list. So maybe it runs on a different server? Is that even possible with Nintendo? Anyway, there are some titles that used Nintendo Wi-Fi in the past that are not included in the list.
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail ... zOrgBURhzw

Anyway, I'll then need to buy a used Tierkreis copy to get all the quests. And I need to finally download all puzzles from the fourth Layton.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Suikoden Tierkreis is listed in the complete listing here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/gamesl ... s-wifi.jsp
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

*doh* Maybe I should read the whole article, not just look at the list.

Ok then, thanks!

EDIT: I think I was confused because there is no list for Germany. On the German Nintendo page, it says that for Third Party games, you have to ask the third party.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That's weird. Guess some people may have had the luxury of segregating the list by Country.

It does seem like all games requiring the WFC (without exception?) will no longer have access to the feature once Nintendo kills it. Fortunately, beyond Suikoden/Layton/Fire Emblem, I don't really care about the other affected titles on the English list.

Hope I have enough time to give Tierkreis one last Infinity-enabled go before May is here, too.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

You could still get a second copy and then do the infinity quests. That's what I plan to do, even though the game is pretty expensive imo...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Nowhere near Suikoden II's resale price, I hope.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Heads up that the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection will be discontinued on the 20th of this month.

So long, Suikoden Tierkreis.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'm not exactly clued up on wi-fi techno stuff, but is there any chance this will disable the censor from when you make name entries in Tierkreis?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

sticky-runes wrote:I'm not exactly clued up on wi-fi techno stuff, but is there any chance this will disable the censor from when you make name entries in Tierkreis?
No, this is built in in the game. Btw, we should make a list of all the names that are forbidden. I remember Simon being one of them!?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I tried to name the castle "Titaness" (as in, a mythical female giant) but it came up as a prohibited word, probably because it contains "Tit" and those dirty minded Konami programmers sitting around thinking about titties all day.