Was there a scene of characters fighting the One King....

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Was there a scene of characters fighting the One King....

Post by KFCrispy »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:the press release gave the plot summary as "For the first time ever, players will begin with the last three members of the Stars of Destiny and are tasked with resurrecting the other 104 in order to restore order in the universe and defeat the almighty One King."
oh i TOTALLY remember that, even though i forgot about it by the time i started playing the game. but i remember the cut scenes showed ppl dying and all that. was that scene even in the game??? i feel like i might have even been playing it with that idea but then forgot because we were busy recruiting random strangers, trading for money, and learning about the Chronicles...
Antimatzist

Re: Was there a scene of characters fighting the One King...

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, I reread the first news yesterday, because I too forgot this all, but then remembered (thanks Raww).

I'm pretty sure the intro to the game (the first video when you play the actual game), shows a scene like this. Actually, I never really understood what this was. An alternate timeline because all of them wear different clothes? A showing of the end of the game? Or, well, yeah, maybe they made this video when they still had this reviving the 108 stars concept in mind.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh i think it was showing the first area that we explore--it had just been finished by the One King and merged in the whatever-world....... and our Hero and pals either died (other world versions) or forgot everything that had happened? geez now i'm trying to remember the story behind the Hero (he's from a different world right? but not Marica, Jale, or Liu ). really really complicated.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, the hero came to "this" world when we was a child. I think his father brought him there (he was from another dimension, too), but then I think the father died in a battle against the OK and left the hero there.. or so was it.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

They moved the original intro where they fight the One King and lose to be the first flashback you get when the first Chronicle appears. It's pretty much shoe-horned in, cause it doesn't match with the later flashbacks at all. For starters it's the only one that shows you an alternate version of yourself, it's animated while all the others appear as still shots showing a completely different guy, all the other tell a chonological story, etc

But I guess since they had already spent money on getting the scene animated and voiced they had to use it somewhere, sense be damned.

This scene was also the very first trailer they released.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.