Power leveling

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Power leveling

Post by KFCrispy »

does fighting with less characters in the party boost exp gain more? some people mentioned solo-ing strategy battles with one character to get huge boosts... i know that when you fight weak enemies you really don't gain much exp either way.
Runemaster

Re: Sleep + Spark

Post by Runemaster »

KFCrispy wrote:does fighting with less characters in the party boost exp gain more? some people mentioned solo-ing strategy battles with one character to get huge boosts... i know that when you fight weak enemies you really don't gain much exp either way.
Yes. A war battle with Jale alone shot him up 4 or 5 levels.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It actually works the same as in any other game.

You get a set amount of EXP for each monster you defeat. That amount is divided by the number of surviving party characters.

If you fight three monsters that are far over your level, you get 10,000 EXP each divided by the number of characters. This basically means you can (with immense luck) gain a maximum of 30 levels in one battle (30,000 EXP). This is much like the Suikoden II 39-99 trick.

On the flip side, each very weak monster gives you 1 EXP and isn't divided. If you fight three enemies at once, you get 3 EXP minimum for each character. That means abusing weak monsters isn't as useful as it was in previous games (200 fights for a level up from 60-ish to 99, now it's far far more). At least Spark allows you to finish fights faster.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Btw what's the exact EXP-Boost provided by Sotah?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Basically 10%
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Power leveling

Post by KFCrispy »

since you can get some absurdly powerful equipment once you've recruited Gadburg and mass trade the expensive goods (Giant Bug Shell, Demon Horns, Piercer Beak, etc), it might be easy to setup a party so that they weaken a tough enemy and the weak character with uber equipment can be the sole survivor and take all the EXP.... definitely something i will try.

i've split this topic since we went on a tangent

edit: So with the 30,000 EXP cap, does Sotah's 10% exp boost get capped as well, or is the actual maximum 33,000 w/Sotah?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I've seen Sotah's boost break the 10K barrier, so I would assume the maximum IS 33K EXP, thus 33 levels.

I'd suggest trying this trick in the desert with level 20-ish characters. If you have access to Iris Armor and have high defense accessories (even a shield, if applicable) you can definitely test for a 33 level jump.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

when recruiting Dromon and his gang, i fought him with a level 34 Hero and level 25 Muro, Sotah as support. i beat them with both alive and Muro got 10,000 EXP. I then tried again with Hero defeated in the battle, and Muro still only got 10,000 EXP. i thought he would gain a lot more.... also, previous when i fought them to recruit Numnu, i had a party of 3 characters and they all gained like 10,000 EXP (well they all went from lvls 24+ to 34ish). i am not sure why i can't break the 10K EXP barrier.. and Sotah should be increasing it by 10% too.
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

i honestly dont think you can break the 10,000exp barrier...

I took Lubberkin to Wilds of Veile with Muro. Lubberkin was only lvl. 10 and after a battle he got 10,000exp, the next battle he shot up another 10,000exp, it happened twice never breaking the 10k barrier, after that he started lvling regularly. The hero himself was only get 2-3 exp.
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Spark seems to be based on the first enemy. In the Mysterious Ruins west of Ch'olui Mtns, there are some weak green enemies that often come with much stronger blue and purple creatures. I can Spark a team of 2 greens and a middle/back blue or purple enemy, but not a group of 2 blue + 1 purple. When using Spark, 2 of my characters were gaining 900+ EXP.

btw the Grayridge "trick" is GREAT. i can now Spark through most enemies and once i level up some other characters.
the new area of Grayridge also gives you access to what looks like the entrance to Mt. Svatgol, where you can fight ~lv40+ regular enemies that drop Uncut Rubies and also a large "boss" called Flame Ifrit. you can use the same Unbalance + Spark trick on this boss and medium-sized enemies as well. now this Flame Ifrit has 2 nice drops: Ifrit Sword (rare great sword) and Netherlion Horns. I found that just selling a few Netherlion Horns in Salsabil unlocked the best great sword and bow in the castle: Beast King Sword/Bow. also, with the Uncut Rubies, sell a couple of those in Salsabil as well to unlock Large Ruby and some more Gadburg equipment (best throwing knife Ruby Dagger).

this feels like a "Matilda Trick", because it will let me blow through the rest of the game and gives me access to even more great weapons.
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

Here is my method to power level characters to 60 easily.
It's in 2 steps. Anyway, except for the hero, don't worry to spend MP with other characters because you'll replenish them almost after each fight.
As support, taking Sotah for the +10% EXP is nice on first step because you won't get the 10.000 xp limit with a full party.
For the second step, I took him but I'm not sure it was useful, maybe Rufa is a better option.

First step : Rarohenga required.
The first step is to bring your characters to level 50 exactly (not 51, neither 49).
51 is not so a problem, but our goal is to win 10 levels in one fight. If level 51, try to have around 500+ XP then.

I usually have my basement on Pharamond, but you could prefer the HQ to change character spells and equip them decently (but Pharamond has good gear too).
Take Sieg/Hero with "Dying Wish" mark, then choose any 3 others characters (at least 1 Long range character can be useful).
  • If you have some characters under the level 30, go in the "Wilds of Veile" and walk to the exit to Rarohenga. You should do enough fight to bring your weakest character to level 30+. Focus on 3 monsters mob anyway : 3x Pincer Bees are the best, or 2x Rocket Bird + 1 Pygmy, or 2x Boar are decents. Sub-bosses are not interesting.
  • With all your characters level 30+, enter in Rarohenga then go to Rarohenga Ruins.
    Don't stay in Plains, because you won't find good monsters : Only Pawns come by 3 and they are rare. Anyway, you can fight any Akephaloi or Hell Lamp you meet during the trip, they're easy and fast to kill. Rarohenga Eyes are pretty common, but don't be lured, they're too long to kill. Flee when you encounter Ancient Whale, it doesn't worth it.
  • In ruins, wander at entry and wait for fights.
    You'll find 4 different encounters :
    - 1x Scorch Queen : Just run. A lonely monster is not interesting.
    - 2x Bicorn + 1x Scorch Minion : Good encounter until you get level 40, then Bicorns ruin your XP.
    - 3x Scorch Minion : Excellent encounter, but hard. They're fast and cast powerful spells. Anyway, they're weak against physical damage and they have low HP enough to die with 2 mass spells like Dying Wish + "Spear Torrent or Fuse Dome". If you don' have magic, neither long range attacker, don't bother with "Dying Wish" and just use Master piece on one Minion when the 3 other characters kill the 2nd one in front row. Next turn finish the last one.
    - 2x Inpu Zombie + 1x Scorch Minion : Best encounter. Zombies have huge HP but else, they're pretty weak. Focus on Minion in back row, then the fight is easy. Watch out since they can get you to level 51 easily...
This step is "long" for all characters. Count around 5 to 7 minutes by characters, so around 15 - 20 min for each team.
Tip : You'll probably get some ressources. Don't forget to sell them regularly because they have a limit stack of 5. Moreover, since Rarohenga is out, Trading Post event about Rarohenga monsters can make the pelts/bones ressources expensive.

Second step : Other Cynas required.
The second step is the trick to get level 60 from level 50 in one fight.
Go in other Cynas with Sieg and only one other character.
Keep "Dying Wish" on Sieg and have at least 100 MP. Moreover, keep his HP low, Sieg must die in the fight!
Keep in mind to remove any +Magic item on Sieg.

Flee against all monsters except the 3x Darkness Pawns (the yellow floating and spinning monsters).
For them, cast Dying Wish. The pawns should survive if Sieg doesn't have +Magic gear. Then let Sieg/Hero die, when the other character is defending (Sieg can heal his ally each turn with medicine to not be in defense state and to die faster).
When Sieg is dead, finish the pawns with your ally. He'll get 10.000 XP if he's lvl 50 or less so he can be level 60 in one fight.

Note : Keeping Sieg HP low can be boring and long, but actually, only the first time. Then, he'll have 1 HP left for other characters leveling. Think to put him to 101 HP and heal his MP with mint or mixed herb (you'll win enough money in each fight for that). But don't rest at inn or you'll have to kill Sieg from start each time.
Note 2 : Obviously, be sure your ally is decently geared, at least the weapon.