[Discussion] Tierkreis Recommended Party Members

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Runemaster

[Discussion] Tierkreis Recommended Party Members

Post by Runemaster »

Yeah, the usual party member recommendation topic.

I'm confused. I don't know which is a strong attacker and a balanced fighter in deciding for my party. Please lay out your best team. I don't mind spoilers since I've been spoiled enough!

Anyway, use this topic for your party member problems everyone! :D :D

And remember to give your reasons! :P
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Falenan_descent

Re: Tierkreis Recommended Party Members

Post by Falenan_descent »

There are a *lot* of characters in Suikoden Tierkreis that are overpowered and can do absolutely insane damage. My main character was doing 3,000+ damage with a single Mark of the Stars at the end of the game. Even moreso whenever in fury status.

Anyway, here's characters that I've found to be strong just by levelling them and checking them out.

Characters that are strong that use force:

Chrodechild
Fredegund
Roberto
Jale (He's more powerful earlier on. In one of the first war battles put him alone and he can sky-rocket to level 28. Then, make him fight his mother and he can get to 30ish. This is awesome for a while because you don't reach 30 for a loooong time.)
Selena (She's quite powerful and has a Shrike ability.)
Yod + Balzham (I think thats his name. His inventor friend. Bring him to up Yod's attacks even more.)
Diulf (He can do extreeeeeme damage when he's high-levelled. Topped with lots of HP to boot.)
Any of the Austere Folk. (They're deadly.)

Characters that are strong that use magic:

Neira (Ninulneda?) (Ooooh my god. Give her a good staff and her Heavy Water Damage to All enemies will absolutely slaughter anyone and anything. I think the most I got with her was something rediculous like 4k+)
Liu (Not too bad right at the end. He could do 2000+ damage on a single enemy)
Diadora (She has a unique spell that has a relatively high chance of auto-death.)
Zenoa (I didn't use her long so I forget why, but she was useful when I was and I only replaced her because the storyline made me. And then I forgot about her.)
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

My current mage is Manaril. Manaril has ridiculous offensive spells but a great healer and high defense for a mage. Same DEF with Marica I guess.

Whoah, we did the same about the Jale thing! :D
What i hate about him is I always give the hero the best weapons so Jale gets second best, which makes him the not-so-offensive one. heheh.

So my current plan for a team as of the moment is...
Hero, Jale(attack),Manaril(healing) and Neira(off mag).
It seems good but I'm uncomfortable with two mages in a group of 4.....

I HOPE THERE WERE 6!!!!! : :( :(
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
qinlongfei

Post by qinlongfei »

The Team I like most is hero, Jale on the front, Liu and Marica in the back.

Not the best team for damage output, but very balanced and solid team. Hero and Jale has good damage, Liu can put shield on the whole party, Marica's damage is ok with Sky Rend Bow and she can heal. And they get the Defense Corp unite attack to beat on those random mini-bosses.

Alternatively, I like to use the two Astresia Princess (Forgot how to spell their name...) together for a single enemy strike team. Divine Edge combo does almost the same amount of damage as Defense Corp, and only requires 2 person.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I used the same people as quinlongfei. I love the overpowered combos in this game. The Jale/Selen combo isn't bad either, but I'd rather put Liu and Marica in the party instead of Selen.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Defense Corps is definitely a cheap way to win against most bosses. Marica is easily the weakest link in that formation, and you will also need to fix Liu's somewhat low HP for the final boss using an equipment.

Diadora's Gate to Nowhere is broken. It kills area bosses with relative ease, reminiscent of the Soul Eater's OHKO spells.

Anyone with the True Falcon marks are an easy addition for any party anytime anywhere; like the Astrasian people.
qinlongfei

Post by qinlongfei »

Yeah... haven't got to the final boss yet. I am only to the point I got back from Auster folks. Defense Corp team can handle most of the enemies I encountered so far cuz they are all over lv 45. (I Power leveled a lot in that volcano mountain.)

But I'll probably need to change my team a little for the final.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

patapi wrote:Diadora's Gate to Nowhere is broken. It kills area bosses with relative ease, reminiscent of the Soul Eater's OHKO spells.
It can kill bosses too? Welcome to my team, Diodora!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I used the defensive corps for the last dungeon and it was sooo easy. No boss could stand in my way.. but the final boss is a bit tough, since he can auto-kill liu and you have to use the hero as a healer (marica's healing spells arent too good)

Most of the time, I used story groups.. so if I had to use Neira, I used more porpoise; if I have to use Shams, I use a Magedom-group. The game's still easy.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Blutigengel wrote:
patapi wrote:Diadora's Gate to Nowhere is broken. It kills area bosses with relative ease, reminiscent of the Soul Eater's OHKO spells.
It can kill bosses too? Welcome to my team, Diodora!
Area bosses. Haven't seen it working on story bosses yet.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

Liu, Marica and Jale is the easy way out for final boss

But i think Liu works best with his other tattoo-ed partners.

the Porpos-kin are actually quite good fighters, their ability to use spears make them even more useful. i have not tried to use Neira though. i find her Ninulneda is very irritating ... hahaa
kelvin loves suikoden
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I agree the four original characters (Hero, Jale, Marica, and Liu) are probaly the most balanced and basic. I'm on my 4th playthrough now and I've tried just about everybody for some time. For absolute power and pysical damage these are the characters I suggest in order starting from the strongest
Mourgent
Ordovic
Vaslof
Meruvis
Indrik
Diulf
Megion
Chrodechild
Fredegund
I know alot of people use Chrodechild but the ones above her are stronger. Shes the "sexy" pick for most players because she plays such a big role in the story, but seriously if you haven't used Ordovic you should. The Mages are pretty obvious but I'll list them too.
Manaril
Diadora
Sophia
Liu
Asad
Hafin
Zenoa
Neira
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Futch

Most useful parties?

Post by Futch »

Who's everyone favorite part arrangement. I had a few, though I always had Liu as my mage, with the broom, of course. Liu was ALWAYS in my party if it would let me, standing behind the Hero, because I <3 their friendship.

My favorite party story-wise, and the one I used to fight the final boss, was the original four: Hero, Liu, Marica, and Jale, arranged as:

H J
L M

I always had my hero dual-wielding the most powerful blades I had, which were God Beast Sword and Twin:Flame. I gave the other twin to Chrodechild. Fredugund didn't get one :P
Jale I would give my best strike weaopn, Argent Fists for most of the game, but for the final boss I had him dual-wielding Giant God's Fists for the +200 HP bonus. Except, when I had Jale in a different party for siege events and such I would give him a Crescent Axe if I had him in the back row.
Liu I gave the broom, easily the best staff in the game. When I got the Goddess Breath or whatever it was called in the final dungeon I gave him that, because while it has less physical attack than the broom, it had a higher magical attack and that was what I was using him for.
Marica I gave the best bow I had, which toward the end was a Sky-Rend Bow.

I would often bring Chrodechild and Diadora along, too. Chrodechild for her dualwielding-ness and awesome attack power, Diodora for her useful ability to kill boring story-bosses that are little more than time-consuming with one hit.

In my other parties (without the hero) Asad was a favorite, and was often required, as were Nimni and Niera for their powerful magic stat and spear usage. I also favored the Shams/Marica team, as Shams was a decent attacker and came leveled up and Marica made a decent mage. I always but Lycia and that other Roar who's name I can't remember but starts with an S with Diulf, with a mage of some sort behind them. In Chrodechild's parties I would always have Fredugund, for story reasons and for their beastiness. Roberto was a favorite for other parties too, also dual wielding.

Also, Adept Shoes and Warrior Armor for everyone.
Everyone loves Dragons. Cause If they don't.... >;(
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Most useful parties?

Post by patapi »

Perhaps this can be combined with this topic?
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 59&t=10725
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Done! both topics merged.