[FAQ] Stats (hand, star, running man, etc)

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Lyzard

[FAQ] Stats (hand, star, running man, etc)

Post by Lyzard »

Hello. Can someone tell me what does mean "star" symbol on character status screen?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Star Icon in Stats

Post by patapi »

No idea why this is in the announcement topic, so here you are.

Star represents Luck
Lyzard

Post by Lyzard »

patapi wrote:No idea why this is in the announcement topic, so here you are.

Star represents Luck
Sorry for trouble. I guess i read wrong :oops:
Thanks for help.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

The Japanese manual has the info... based on some loose translations, the Luck (star) stat also affects evasion rate.
http://suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=32246

The Hand icon is the typical Skill/Dexterity stat found in all other Suikoden games. It affects accuracy.
In the other games, it's been found that Skill and Luck play an equal role in determining critical hit rate.

The Running Man icon is Speed, which affects turn order. However, I have seen that there is some randomness in turn order, like enemies sometimes attacking first, and your own characters switching turn orders. I think a ~20 point different in speed still allows the slower character to act before the faster one sometimes.
Also, similar to Suikoden II, spells and items have higher priority than normal attacks and usually activate before anyone's normal attacks.
Runemaster

Re: [FAQ] Stats (hand, star, running man, etc)

Post by Runemaster »

As of the Speed issues, Luck may have played a role there.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

From what I've seen, the attack type speeds are as follows:

Magic ==> Items =====> Attacks => Unites

Regular attacks and unites might have about the same modifier, but Magic and Items always trigger before them in same-speed situations. As for monsters, I've seen severely underleveled enemies attack before some of my fastest and most well trained fighters. It's a mystery how their attack speed is calculated.

Another note on unites, they seem to be clocked on the slowest person of the attack, not an average.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

The Skill stat also determines how many "swings" the character does on the enemy. Each strike ups the damage of the attack. For example, my Hero and Roberto both use swords and have about the same strength, but Hero's got around 20 less in Skill and hits 3 times while Roberto does 4... Roberto might average 440 in atk, and Hero gets around 400. these numbers are not very accurate, so don't bother concluding an extra hit is +40 atk or anything!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

^ There also seems to be a limit to how many hits you can make. With one sword I've yet to see even my most skilled characters hit more than four times. Same goes for spears.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

are you sure it's up to 4 times? while the animations get long and fancy, it seems the maximum for all weapons is 3 hits (or 1 hit for some)
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I was going based on sound bytes activating, but most movements look like 3.

I'd have to see if the four hits were under special circumstances or just a bug in the sounds.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah some character attacks have 4 "sounds" but still only 3 hit animations...