[Guide] Trading prices / unlockables

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Draekon

Re: [Guide] Trading prices / unlockables

Post by Draekon »

I recieved the Prismatic Peach Wi-Fi quest after the Ruined Tower. I waited 48 hours and then promptly failed the quest but still recieved the Prismatic Peach as a tradeable item regardless. Am currently doing Yod's to see what pops up at the inventor's shop and will post here with the results tomorrow when it finishes. Assuming I get anything at all.

Here's confirmation of the above (Plus formatted):

Code: Select all

Food                    Traded Item           Cost              Effect
Pekklar Steak Pekklar Meat 1000 +999 HP
Herbed Raparo Raparo Meat 8000 +100 HP; +100 MP
Janamese Salad (Not sure) 300 Cures all status effects
Hornbull Soup (Not sure) 500 +50 Atk
Broiled Serpent (Not sure) 500 +50 Matk
Truffled Stew Dried Truffle 2400 +500 MP
Roasted Corn Demon Corn Ear 500 Causes Fury
Salted Guts Fish Guts 500 Causes Alert
Peach Juice Prismatic Peach 500 +50 Mdef
Crab Stew Giant Crab Meat 500 +50 Pdef
Dragon Patty Dragon Meat 1200 +50 Pdef; +50 Mdef
I guess it's possible some of these may have multiple requirements too, such as Rock Salt and what not. Not really sure and can't check at this point.

Also, since those guys haven't really updated the price spreadsheet, I'm going to go ahead and finish it up. If anyone wants to help with the proper equations for the one-way trade trips, it would make it a lot easier since it takes a fair amount of time just to do one. Here's the link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... BnOw&hl=en
Last edited by Draekon on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belzera

Post by Belzera »

quick note about your spreadsheet [seeing as alot of the entered info is just a copy of the first one] You have the cheapest Gold ore marked down as 1000 at Naineneis, but in game and listed on the spreadsheet the cheapest is 800 from the Woodland Village.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

what i typically do is have a column where i divide one town's price by the other and then sort descending/ascending based on where i want to go. if i am in town A and want to go to town B, i take B/A and sort descending. recently i stopped sorting by ascending/descending and instead created another column that just reads "if the ratio > 1, 'BUY', if < 1 'SELL' ", and i will filter by BUY or SELL based on which way i'm going and buy everything listed. it can get confusing, but you can check the first set of prices to make sure you're buying or selling the right direction...
Draekon

Post by Draekon »

Didn't think about that. It's an easy 'fill down' and then pick from that (delete the negatives and just 'sum' the rest). I'll start that with excel and then just throw the final number into the google docs spread. Should make it a bit easier, but I don't think I'll be able to do it up until tomorrow or wednesday since I'm rather busy at the moment.

Also fixed that error. I did a bunch of playing around with the original spreadsheet they had and had to re-do a few things, so it's possible I did something stupid like a miss-color.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i believe Demon Ear Corn, Dried Truffle, and Fish Guts unlock the moment you recruit Wustum.
Draekon

Post by Draekon »

Finished the spreadsheet and it should be updated on google docs. Here is the spreadsheet in downloadable form:

XLS: http://draekon.com/guides/Suikoden%20Tr ... Prices.xls
XLSX: http://draekon.com/guides/Suikoden%20Tr ... rices.xlsx
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it seems the moment you unlock the 'upgraded' trading item, you also unlock the equipment associated with the item. like Uncut Ruby unlocking Large Ruby also unlocks Ruby Dagger at the same time.

also, if you collect just a few (2 or 3) Netherlion Horns from enemies/quests, sell them at Salsabil (or if you have access to it, Cragbark for more money), you will unlock the Beast King Sword and Beast King Bow immediately!
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Anyone have a quick two town jump for quick cash?

I find this to be the fastest way of getting money without having to memorize a bunch of different places.

Buy in Naineneis: (200,000 potch needed)
Gold Ore
Scorpion Hide
Rainbow Thread
Rainbow Cloth

Sell them all in Pharamond for a quick near 200,000 profit.

Repeat over and over again. It's quick because the two towns are very close to each other. Prior to opening Pharamond, I was buying Pekklar Meat, Iris Stone, and Iris Lazuli in Cragbark and selling them in Salsabil. As you know, those two towns are VERY far apart, with the profit being similar. There are other items that can be bought and sold in both towns for more profit, but it's small and more time consuming.

Anyone that can get that much cash in a two town trip (towns very close to each other) with so few items, please post yours.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you can get Whale Tusks early and unlock the Whale Tusk-related equipment by repeating "Seek Squidcreeper Sap" and failing with the result of "we caught one but it got away" - send just 1 porposkin or pirate and some other characters (perhaps w/high stats) to make a full party. - If you get them free, sell 3 Whale Tusks to Cragbark to unlock the equipment (Great Saw, Whale Axe, Ancient Tusk).
ChaosZereul

Post by ChaosZereul »

Chaos_Zero wrote:I find this to be the fastest way of getting money without having to memorize a bunch of different places.

Buy in Naineneis: (200,000 potch needed)
Gold Ore
Scorpion Hide
Rainbow Thread
Rainbow Cloth

Sell them all in Pharamond for a quick near 200,000 profit.

Honestly, why stop there? I started trading seriously shortly after Iris stones and Emeralds got unlocked for me. I was trading between Salsabil and Cragbark, but it was more than just the stones. I checked the charts that people have been so kind to make and I've basically been buying everything that can make even a small profit from one town and selling it to the other. So, for Cragbark, I would buy the Iris stones, Large Emeralds, and about a dozen other items, sell them all to Salsabil, then buy about a dozen items from there and head back to Cragbark. It costs a ton to do, but if you're looking to make the most money possible, it's smarter than only selling a pack of items one-way without having anything to sell on the return trip.
Kalanyr

Post by Kalanyr »

The equipment spreadsheet says that the Prototype Guns / Rifles unlock at the castle at some stage, does anyone know what triggers this? I've recruited Khemia and done the Mass Produced Guns Quest (but I'm only just after the Lake appeared).

In contributing I can add that the Argent Fists appear after the lake appears, not sure if Silver Ore trade is required but they won't appear before then even if it does (I traded about a gazillion silver ore before the lake appeared to no avail and it was there after the Lake did).
Kalanyr

Post by Kalanyr »

Prototype Guns come from the wifi New Invention quest. Not sure about Lost Guns. Also I can confirm Prismatic Peaches come from the Wi-fi quest for Restocking Trade Goods but they appear even if the quest is failed.
ekamown

Post by ekamown »

You may have a few "mystic medicine", unfortunately the amount is scarce/rare. If you want to be able to buy mystic medicine, you gotta sell trade items "googly tree sap" and "herbal medicine" (I'm not sure how many but I tried it myself and it works!). Then buy it from Eunice (the nurse). It costs 50000, the most expensive medicine because it restores hp/mp fully :wink:
Sefiros

Post by Sefiros »

Do you need to buy an item from one trading post and sell it at another, or can you just obtain the item from an enemy? Or is all that is necessary is to sell an item to a store? Do you need to make a profit with the selling?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it seems like you need to make a certain amount of profit selling an item at trading posts to unlock the next one... if you get the item for free then the sell gives you 100% profit. if you bought and sold it from trading posts, then the difference is obviously your profit.