[Guide] Trading prices / unlockables

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Trading prices / unlockables

Post by KFCrispy »

if you're carrying the trade item, of course it will be listed when you're in Sell mode. but it only gets unlocked if you can buy them..
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

Death Skull is added to trade list when you complete "Rarohenga?" send Hotupa and anyone else..can't fail it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

all these appeared immediately after the lake formed (well once you can finally roam and check): uncut emerald, iris stone, sunlight stone, dragon hide, giant bug shell, demon horn, piercer beak, lizard frill, rainbow thread

UPDATE: I'm keeping track of Gadburg's unlockables as i progress... and i must comment that there are some RIDICULOUSLY powerful things you can unlock. they cost a pretty penny (400k each for some weapons) but they are probably close to the ultimate weapon for the rest of the game, and by equipping them you can boost stats for quest requirements!
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Quick question about equipment unlockables in your castle, for the blacksmith to get better equipment upgrades do you have sell the trading items to your trade shop in the castle? I'm just wondering because I'm still early in the game and would like to make sure I don't sell anything I need to the town vendors.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

As long as you are making profits, selling those items at any trading posts contribute to unlocking the shop inventories. In fact, the prices at the HQ trading post is mostly average at best, so it might actually be detrimental to your efforts.
jonnoc

Post by jonnoc »

should have checked this before putting up a post hehe. oh selling the food i think unlocks additional food you can buy from the chef im assuming the names of the food you can buy are related to the ones you should sell i.e. pekklar steak=pekklar meat. im not sure if the same goes for the nurse. for the accessory guy i only unlocked demon corn husk from him im not sure what else there would be. i mean isnt there a better buyable sword than the iris sword from the blacksmith or the scale sword from pharamond? has anyone unlocked a 400k one? and does anyone know what you unlock from selling black onyxes and death skulls?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Demon Corn Ears can unlock a certain Demon Corn food item at the cook. I'll post my entire list of Cook items and their effects later.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah i figured the food items unlock items for the chef, but i haven't gotten any new items yet (but i haven't been playing after doing ~2 rounds of trading over the weekend)
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Since I have no idea which items are available from the start for some of these items, I'll just give it my best guesses and hope someone who didn't trade prior to getting Wustum can identify them.

Here's my current list:

Herbed Raparo
Description: Raparo roasted w/ herbs. Restores a little HP and MP.
Effect: Restore 100 HP / 100 MP
Price: 8000
Trade: Raparo Beaks, maybe?

Janamese Salad
Description: Healthy vegetable salad. Cures all status effects.
Effect: Cures all status effects.
Price: 300
Trade: Going to guess Janam Potatoes and other items to actually make the salad...

Hornbull Soup
Description: Stock made from Hornbull horn. Ups Physical Attack
Effect: Attack +50
Price: 500
Trade: ???

Broiled Serpent
Description: Charcoal-broiled Sea Serpent. Ups Magic Attack.
Effect: Magic Attack +50
Trade: ???

Roasted Corn
Description: Roasted Demon Corn Ear. Causes Fury
Effect: Fury on target.
Trade: Demon Corn Ear

I'm going to guess Pekklar Meat should unlock Pekklar Steak, since that's one food item I know is directly related to a trade item I haven't made a profit off of yet. Pekklar Steak fully heals you (Recover 999 HP), by the way.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

these items were already available when i recruited the chef, but i did trade a lot beforehand:
Herbed Raparo - if anything, you need to trade Raparo Meat, not beaks
Janamese Salad
Hornbull Soup
Broiled Serpent
Crab Stew

I just unlocked:
Roasted Corn (Demon Corn)
Truffle Stew (Dried Truffle): 24000 potch, restore 500 MP
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

So that means Janamese Salad, Hornbull Soup and Broiled Serpents are the known defaults right now.

I'll try a new game soon enough...

Oh, and since you got Crab Stew, that's definitely got something to do with Giant Crab Meat. Oh, and yeah... Raparo Meat, not Beaks.

EDIT: Here's something not in the original post.

Trading Rainbow Threads unlocks Rainbow Cloth. Trading Rainbow Cloth unlocks Rainbow Robe (10 MATK, 10 MDEF, 55 DEF).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it'll be hard to not trade at all to see what actual defaults are... hopefully if someone's got a cheat device for infinite money or something so they can avoid trading and see default stuff and also determine if things actually unlock based on story vs trading.....
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It's actually pretty easy if you live off of quests. After passing through the first quests leading up to the HQ you get a 50K-ish head start in money. Most of the game up to Wustum isn't really that difficult without max equipment, either.
jonnoc

Post by jonnoc »

Heres my food list:

Pekklar Steak 1k gold +999 HP Pekklar Meat?
Herbed Raparo 8k gold +100hp&mp ???
Janamese Salad 300 gold cures status Janam potato? and maybe the other veggies?
Hornbull Soup 500 gold +50atk ???
Broiled Serpent 500 gold +50matk ???
Truffle Stew 2400 gold +500mp Dried Truffle
Roasted Corn 500 gold cause fury Demon Corn Ear
Salted Guts 500 gold case alertness Fish guts?
Crab Stew 500 gold +50 pdefense Crab meat?
Dragon Patty 1200 gold +50 p&mdefense Dragon meat?

Anyone have anymore? and does trading black onyx and death skull unlock anything?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i would assume only the food goods are going to be used for the cooked items!