[Guide] Weapon System (Types, Elements, Swings, Dual-Wield)

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
torabone

[Guide] Weapon System (Types, Elements, Swings, Dual-Wield)

Post by torabone »

what kind weapon do you use for Hero or other character?
i use a 1-H sword (God-Beast Sword) and a shield (Crazed Shield) for my Hero..
Antimatzist

Re: Weapon

Post by Antimatzist »

A Spear. The Lazuli-Spear (don't know if that's the English Name, though...). +70 Attack.. it's one of my best weapons at the moment^^
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

you can give them anything you want?

I did not know that. So, what types of weapons are available?

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

characters can equip a variety of weapons. everyone can wield only certain types.. not even the Hero can use all.

the fun thing about the weapons is that you can dual wield one-handed weapons, so you can double up on the attack power or equip a shield. most weapons are two-handed except for some S-range weapons: 1-handed swords and mace/clubs

weapons have "elements": none, slash, strike (blunt objects), pierce. enemies can be weak or strong vs the property - if they have an icon w/out a red slash through it, they are weak vs the element. if there is a red slash through it, they are strong vs the element.
they also use the Range system: S, M, L. just don't stick a S-range weapon user in the back row.
most equipment also follow a trend of boosting a certain stat, although certain ones might have other bonuses. i'm listing the general trend i'm seeing.

nothing equipped / fists (strike) (S), dex boost
1-h sword (slash) (S), skl boost
2-h greatsword (slash) (S)
axe (slash) (M), mdf boost
staff/rod (none) (L), mag boost - think Levi's from Suikoden V, shoots a 'laser'
talons/claws (pierce) (S), spd boost
boomerang (strike) (L), pdf boost
spear (pierce) (M), skl & spd boost
scythe (slash) (M), pdf & mdf boost
bow & arrow (pierce) (L)
1-h mace/stick (strike) (S)
cudgel/club (strike) (M)
throwing dagger/knife (slash) (L), mdf boost
hammer (strike) (S), pdf/luck boost? spd penalty?
kunai (slash) (L)
fan (slash) (S), spd boost
anchor (strike) (S), hp boost?

When dual-wielding, only the primary weapon's element is used. I saw this clearly when I had 2 characters with the same attack both dual-wielding but one's primary was a sword and the other was a mace... vs an enemy weak to pierce only, they did the same damage, and vs an enemy weak to slash, the sword character did far more damage, maybe 25% more.

Regarding number of hits (swings), Skill seems to determine this, and each character may have their own maximum (for all multi-hit weapons, or different for different weapons??). If characters have same element and attack strength but one does 4 hits while the other does 3, the 4-hitter will deal more damage than the 3.
Antimatzist

Re: [Guide] Weapons

Post by Antimatzist »

There are even more weapon types... anchors and Fans, for example :D
Punkaiser

Re: [Guide] Weapon Types

Post by Punkaiser »

KFCrispy wrote:When dual-wielding, only the primary weapon's element is used. I saw this clearly when I had 2 characters with the same attack both dual-wielding but one's primary was a sword and the other was a mace... vs an enemy weak to pierce only, they did the same damage, and vs an enemy weak to slash, the sword character did far more damage, maybe 25% more.
I agree with this. I equip the hero giant god fist(ggf,mace type) on his rhand,twin flame sword on his lhand while chrodechild with twin flash on rh and ggf on her lh and result in hero's attack element is determined as strike and CC's is slash.

@torabone, i'd recommend dual wield mace/sword for hero or any char(if avaialable) since you can switch them one to other at will anytime to change your attack element strike to slash or vice visa. More over, top 1h twin sword give alot of bonus in power, skill, speed luck while the 1h mace ggf brings you 60 power + 100hp, sweet much?

I've just checked out some characters who could become more useful or even imba with dual wield:

Hero:
- 2 x ggf
- dual sword/mace or mace/sword
- 2 x prominence if we want to build him as a magic user

Ordovic(or other Austers aswell) : 2 x ggf=120 power+200hp

Chrodechild:
- 2 x ggf
- dual sword/mace

Jale: dual sword/mace

Liu: 2 x prominence

Bosche: 2 x ggf

Lathilda: 2x ggf to be in front row and to play role of healer/physical hitter or 2 x prominence to stay in back row as magic user

Shams can only equip dual sword but when he's teamed up with manaril and nurse eunice, together they shine quite bright. Royal pride unite damage enemy and brings fury status to Shams and alert to manaril at no mp cost, while eunice will cure unbalance stat for them one by one.