[FAQ] Explanation of magic system

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Shinsengumi

Re: Magic

Post by Shinsengumi »

veriaqa wrote:What a suiko game without the runes and the true runes.
I think its called a gamble. :lol: .............. :evil:
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Mcecny

Re: [FAQ] Explanation of magic system

Post by Mcecny »

Suikoden Tierkreis takes place in an alternate universe where Runes dont exist, instead they have the Marks of the Stars which is a main plot point throughout the game. This game is not a traditional Suikoden series in which you have your levels of magic, instead it is more similar to traditional J-Rpgs in which you have a MP.
Runemaster

Re: Magic

Post by Runemaster »

KFCrispy wrote:are you serious? no use of the established main elements? no Earth or Wind magic?
Aren't Liu's offensive spells Earth-based?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there is reference to all kinds of elemental magic in this game. one of the cut scenes shows wicked earth spell. also, a trading item says it's a wind-magic stone or something to that effect. however, in terms of the battle system, i think the only "elements" that exist are the physical attack ones (slash, pierce, strike, none). Magic probably just uses the caster's magic power vs the enemy's mdf.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

You're right. Magic has reduced exposure in this game including the elements. There aren't too much offensive spells either and added mostly useless attack skills.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Id`

Post by Id` »

I think the main reason there is no runes on this game is because konami wants to make a new suikoden concept, hence the name "TIERKRIES" not the 6th suikoden. So there probably will be a second TIERKRIES.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

While some magic blatantly says it does fire or water damage, I've yet to see any major influence from those elements. Even using water on an obviously fish-based boss didn't do much less damage than when that character usually used that attack on regular enemies.
Formerly known as: Gothann