[Guide] Recruitment Guide

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Gunloc

Re: [Guide] Recruitment Guide

Post by Gunloc »

You can do the two missions required to recruit Tuhululu and Rekareka right after Zenoa joins/the lake appears/etc. I just recruited them during this period.
glacier26

Post by glacier26 »

Uhmmm So Maybelle is a missable character??
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I too thought I missed her. But a post at the first page gave season infos about her recruitment. We may have the same problem. I'll look into it later.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

zersch wrote:*Spoiler*

Well I gave up and passed out, but when I wrote that post I had already experienced the perpetual day. Now I have a saved game set before exploring Rorohonga (sp?) and a saved game right before I begin the assault on Cynas. Is there a scene I need to trigger or someone I need to speak to to get them rolling? I know I've done the first two monster killing quests for the tribal guy, and the guy in Woodland Village you have to talk to for different dialogue only had two unique things to say to me before he began repeating himself.

I was told that another one of the recruits was in Woodland Village, but I can't seem to find him standing around anywhere.
Regarding the point-of-no-return for recruitment, apparently it's the first assault on Cynas where you have your final multi-party battle in the Tower.
secret_zephyr

Post by secret_zephyr »

Taj - Upon returning to HQ after the sequence of events that led to Shams' recruitment, go to the Magedom of Janam room on the HQ third floor and talk to him.
Just a minor adjustment, the Janam room isn't on the 3rd floor of HQ but rather the 2nd floor of the inn.
Tsaubern - After triggering the mission to search for the desert Chronicle return to Salsabil to run into him. Complete the leader quest, "The Promised Visit", and let him touch the Chronicle
Also, Tsaubern will not show up if you have Yula in party.
Dragily

Post by Dragily »

A bit of clarification for all of those trying to figure out how to recruit Nakil...rather, more a timing issue.
In any case,
--spoilers--
you actually can't recruit him once you talk to Luo Tao. In other words, once the mission to begin the fight with the archivists even begins, he's unrecruitable. Hafin, however, still is, which may be what's confusing some people as so far, I've noticed that most guides group both of these cutoff points together.
zersch

Post by zersch »

Okay, here's the part where I come crawling back to apologize for cluttering up the thread with my dumb question. I did in fact have an active quest that I had accepted a long time ago and completely forgotten about because it didn't have an immediate conclusion. I had Luvais' Outings quest active, thus it was the source of my recruitment woes. Sorry guys.
xhus135

Post by xhus135 »

Need help with the "gathering animals" quest. I can not seem to get it anyone remember who they sent and around the level they were?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

patapi wrote:Lubberkin - After the plot made you go and ask Zenoa the three questions, complete the party quest, "The Other Marica's World". Upon reporting to Moana, an event will be triggered. Take Logan with you, and talk to Lubberkin in Grayridge alley.
I'd like to detail this completely, seeing as how I had a helluva hard time getting this to work due to my party preferences.

Lubberkin can be obtained by two separate party quests. "The Other Marica's World" and "Atrie's World" will both work. The first one you complete will allow you to unlock the next step to recruiting him.

The problem lies in making the two quests appear. They're associated with Marica and Jale, respectively, but they actually have to be outside of our active party in order for their quests to appear on Moana's listing. You can do both at the same time or whenever you want, but the first quest report you read is the one that'll trigger Lubberkin.

On a side note, The Other Marica's World yields a Crescent Axe upon completion and Atrie's World yields a Scale Shield.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

regarding recruiting, Khemia taking just Busche alone won't work, but you get a funny scene. Afterwards, Khemia will still wait until you bring him one of the gunners who actually talks. I will try bringing all 3 to recruits, but I did try bringing both Geschutz and Minen but it seems the left-most character will be the only one to talk to Khemia.
ArkCrow

Post by ArkCrow »

Im having problems with Finding Icas I only have

Marica,Sisuca,Selen

and for Sub group members

Erin,Eunice,Anya

The last triggered event I can remember is when I fought with the Porpos-kin at my HQ I've check grayridge mine everywhere and found nothing. Still stuck on finding Icas....
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

saw your post on gamefaqs... this quest will have to wait until you get more "beautiful" women. you need a full party - 4 women and 1 support. and Selen does not work!
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Great guide, thank you for posting.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Selen appearance: i narrowed down that you only have to visit HQ once after the Flower season where you confronted Selen, before the next Flower season.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

ArkCrow wrote:Im having problems with Finding Icas I only have

Marica,Sisuca,Selen

and for Sub group members

Erin,Eunice,Anya

The last triggered event I can remember is when I fought with the Porpos-kin at my HQ I've check grayridge mine everywhere and found nothing. Still stuck on finding Icas....
Wait until your castle is upgraded for the first time. At this point, you have at least Manaril, Sisuca, Marica, Erin, Zenoa* (she can be recruited at this time).
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.