[Guide] Recruitment Guide

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Dadge

Re: [Guide] Recruitment Guide

Post by Dadge »

Exactly right
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think i had asked on gamefaqs but i can't find the thread. but did you try to enter just once between Flower seasons... why did you conclude you have to enter HQ EACH season?
Dadge

Post by Dadge »

Because I tried numerous times entering only in Flower season and she would not show up. I saw others were having this problem, but no one had a concrete solution because most people got it on their first try. I myself was underleveled at that point, so it was not an easy fight for me.

As I said, I tried numerous times going from Flower season to Flower season, just walking back and forth until Flower season came up, and then entering HQ to no avail. So I figured there must be something that one is expected to do commonly that must trigger the event. It seemed most obvious to me that, it being an event dependent on season and also taking place at your HQ, that the trigger might have something to do with both of them. I tried entering HQ in all seasons multiple times, and it always worked without fail. It isn't that terribly far into the game if you speed up all the cutscenes, so feel free to try it yourself if you want to make sure.
Dadge

Post by Dadge »

I don't know, maybe you only need to enter once in either season prior to Flower. I didn't test that, I entered once each season.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

There's also the potential complication with having active story missions denying players from certain optional events.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah i wish this game had more save slots to go back and check stuff -_-
Dadge

Post by Dadge »

patapi wrote:There's also the potential complication with having active story missions denying players from certain optional events.
No, I did both at the same point in the story, and I had no missions at the time.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Okay. In that case, I'll update the guide.
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

Yadima: Can recruit before events in Cragbark. Complete "Plowin fields quest" Send 4 character with 110+ physical attack.
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

Hafin: Recruitable once you unlock journey to the west. With asad in party travel to Mislato river to trigger an event.

Maybelle: Recruitable before advancing in story and recruiting Neira
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I know it's rich info, but let's try the edit button and not double-post next time. ;)
Miklotov wrote:Yadima: Can recruit before events in Cragbark. Complete "Plowin fields quest" Send 4 character with 110+ physical attack.
Was hoping someone would confirm this. I didn't notice I had to talk to him in the HQ field... Will update.
Hafin: Recruitable once you unlock journey to the west. With asad in party travel to Mislato river to trigger an event.
This is before Tehah, right? How about Nakil?
Maybelle: Recruitable before advancing in story and recruiting Neira
Not surprising, since the Ch'olui trio can join before Neira. Updates~
zersch

Post by zersch »

*End game spoilers below (just in case, not too familiar with the rules here)*

Okay, I have one game save that has me right before the initial siege on Cynas, prior to The One King coming into existence in the protagonist's world, and one game save that sees me a few hours before that. What I need to know is when the cut off point for recruitment is. From what I gather it is this initial siege on Cynas, but I cannot get the following stars to trigger/prompt me with the appropriate dialogue: Teni, Chihi, Chii, Chido, Chizoku. As far as I can tell from looking over the guide here they are all intertwined with the Scribes/Woodland village.

Currently I have my DS in sleep mode because after two or three hours of getting no response on the Gamefaqs board I pushed ahead with the storyline and have just uncovered and retrieved the final chronicle. Am I gearing up for what will be the actual siege against Cynas that these recruitment guides point to as the final cut off, or will I need to re-load one of my other game saves and handle the recruitment from one of those points?

I hope I didn't ramble too much, I've been up all night trying to get these last few stars and now that it is going on Noon I am a bit beyond sleep deprived. I appreciate any help anyone can give.

And just to add another note, I don't have any other active quests blocking me from receiving new quests because I was able to trigger Gilliam's recruitment quest where you help him defend Grayridge. Or wherever it was.
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

Yeah Hafin is available once you're on the mission "Journey to the west" when you're sent out to check the mountains/plains. I couldn't get the event to trigger with Nakil until I went back to my HQ after meeting the furious roar.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

SPOILER

zersch wrote:And just to add another note, I don't have any other active quests blocking me from receiving new quests because I was able to trigger Gilliam's recruitment quest where you help him defend Grayridge. Or wherever it was.
This is before or after you experienced the perpetual day?
zersch

Post by zersch »

patapi wrote:SPOILER

zersch wrote:And just to add another note, I don't have any other active quests blocking me from receiving new quests because I was able to trigger Gilliam's recruitment quest where you help him defend Grayridge. Or wherever it was.
This is before or after you experienced the perpetual day?

*Spoiler*

Well I gave up and passed out, but when I wrote that post I had already experienced the perpetual day. Now I have a saved game set before exploring Rorohonga (sp?) and a saved game right before I begin the assault on Cynas. Is there a scene I need to trigger or someone I need to speak to to get them rolling? I know I've done the first two monster killing quests for the tribal guy, and the guy in Woodland Village you have to talk to for different dialogue only had two unique things to say to me before he began repeating himself.

I was told that another one of the recruits was in Woodland Village, but I can't seem to find him standing around anywhere.