[Guide] Recruitment Guide

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
StvNash

Re: [Guide] Recruitment Guide

Post by StvNash »

Antimatzist wrote:Maybe it depends on how often you've talked to him or how many entries are in his book...
Ok, then what should I do or go after I get the letter from Shams? I don't have any clue at all..
Achilley

Post by Achilley »

Problem! The quest "the other marica's world" doesn't pop up so I can't get lubberkin. what to do?
*UPDATE* it is fixed, it turned out that I had to do wahie's quest about the infinity *UPDATE*

And you can get misrach BEFORE getting the chronicle of endless travels, not 100% sure if it's directly after the desert shows up or just after you "capture" diadora and put her in the infirmary.

*UPDATE* what to do when you try gilliam's quest about beating up the monsters that attack grayridge and they weren't neccesary? can't seem to get the quest to pop up again, have a save before assaulting Fort Arc again. Capture Fort Arc and then talk to Gilliam? help please *UPDATE*

*THE UPDATE UPDATED* Nvm this, it turns out that you need to unlock rarohenga first and then defend the town again, I've got him now. *THE UPDATE UPDATED*
Last edited by Achilley on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Achilley

Post by Achilley »

scurker wrote:
Belcoot4 wrote:Everytime I've recruited him I had a totaly empty party maybe try that or let the story progress another step and try again. Tsaubern never seemed to be a character who had recruiting difficulty. You might have to wait until you have recovered The Fierce Regalia Chronicle, but if you're that far I think you should have done that already.
There has to be something I missed because Tsaubern will not show up in Salsabil. I've tried every opportunity to visit with different parties (Yula in party, no members in party, etc.) up to recruiting Sophia, and he just will not show up. Is he related to the Maestro event that happens in the port of Salsabil? Several sites suggest he shows up after that, but I never saw him after that event was triggered.

I know I've had bad luck in the past, as I've managed to miss Clive of all people somehow in Suikoden II, so it wouldn't surprise me if I missed something so simple here that has made it impossible to recruit.
Take Geschuts along, he is neccesary for tsaubern to appear. You don't need anyone else
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

A post after 12 years... anyway I've been replaying Tierkreis recently and found some extra details regarding the recruitments.

Wahie's "Gateway to the Infinity" quest is required for at least two recruits (still not sure if there's more), and it unlocks a bunch of dispatch quests about travelling to another world.

Tongatihi:
- His second quest "Windows Beyond the Gateway" will only be unlocked after Wahie's "Gateway to the Infinity" quest.

Lubberkin:
- Both the "Other Marica's World" or "Atrie's World" quest will only be unlocked after Wahie's "Gateway to the Infinity" quest.
- "Other Marica's World" won't pop up if Marica is on your party, and "Atrie's World" won't pop up if Jale is on your party. Complete one of them to start Lubberkin's events.
- Cyril's Gamefaqs guide suggest that the "Sorry to keep bugging you!" quest might be required for this recruit, and I confirmed this is untrue, you don't need this quest.

Geschutz, Minen, Buchse:
- The "Arcane Academy Tour" will disappear after the Lazdaa earthquake event (i.e. when we separate from the Magedom).

Nuzhat:
- The dialogue on her recruitment will change if this is done after the desert appearance, but the recruitment steps are still the same.

Gorno:
- Only Muro, Vaslof & Kashgar works for recruiting Gorno. Other Auster folks (Resno, Indrik, Diiwica, Ordovic) can't recruit Gorno.
- Gorno can be recruited during the first Mt Svatgol story visit, since Vaslof is a required party member for that story.

Maybelle:
- The first event on Hero's room, which requires you to have no female member, also needs to have Jale -not- in your party.

Nofret:
- On her first event, if you choose the first dialogue option, there's an optional battle against her and 2x Janam Man. Can choose 2nd dialogue option to skip it.
- Recruitment steps are still the same no matter if you do the battle or not.

Gilliam:
- Cyril's Gamefaqs guide said there's a second version of his "Defend Grayridge" quest which have a higher requirement compared to the first +110 ATK quest, but this doesn't seem to be true. I tried failing the first quest, and succesfully re-done it on the second attempt with one character who's barely above 110 ATK.
(I also tried this quest after Rarohenga. Maybe if I do fail it before Rarohenga, the quest will get harder afterwards, still haven't tested this.)

Namna:
- His final recruitment event can be triggered during the time loop event after One King appears, when the rest of the castle are empty.
(this bug doesn't seem to happen with other recruits on HQ such as Taj, although I haven't tried every possible options yet.)