[FAQ] Features: What's kept, changed and removed?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Features: What's kept, changed and removed?

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

That was an old idea that they scrapped.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Too bad, it would have been far more useful to have some of the 108 you never intend on putting back in your party come back as uber equipment instead.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Oh, ok. . I see.

It just confused me a little. . .a lot.

It wasn't the weapons bit that confused me, but the monster. I wonder how they would have carried that out.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Don't even remember any part of the game that specifically mentioned that they were "reviving" the 104 characters.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

a lot of articles said you would be reviving the 104 SOD that died, but i am pretty sure a later article said that idea was changed.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

patapi, or someone who has played the game, could you pm me with spoilers on any reappearing characters? thanks.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

KFCrispy wrote:a lot of articles said you would be reviving the 104 SOD that died, but i am pretty sure a later article said that idea was changed.
You're kidding? That was the one thing that set this apart from the other games. If it doesn't involve too many spoilers, does this game start out with the 108 stars losing as had been previously said, you just don't resurrect them (but replace them I gather)?
mpieco wrote:patapi, or someone who has played the game, could you pm me with spoilers on any reappearing characters? thanks.
You could just ask that question in a forum that allows spoilers.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oppenheimer wrote:You're kidding? That was the one thing that set this apart from the other games. If it doesn't involve too many spoilers, does this game start out with the 108 stars losing as had been previously said, you just don't resurrect them (but replace them I gather)?
That's not really possible to answer as this is spoiler free, not some spoilers allowed.

The intro is the same as already shown though.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

That's enough info anyway. Strange how they changed so very much even about the plot. You'd think that'd be written way ahead of time and they'd just work gameplay around it.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Oppenheimer wrote:That's enough info anyway. Strange how they changed so very much even about the plot. You'd think that'd be written way ahead of time and they'd just work gameplay around it.
which is why I was so confused after reading this forum.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KvChaos

Post by KvChaos »

My God they removed all those unique HQ "activities"?
I was looking for a return of the cooking contest... Best mini-game ever~ :x
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Still, as far as spin-off titles go, it's definitely far better than Suikoden Tactics' minimalist HQ setup.

The cook-off was only in 1 game to begin with. I wouldn't blame Tierkreis for not having it, considering the more recent 3 main installments didn't have it either. Neither did the first game.
Gadwin

Post by Gadwin »

Is there a comment box ?
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

OK, i have been playing Suikoden since the first game came out......the only "suikoden" this game seems to have is in the name.....somebody message me with spoilers or what ever if you have played it, to let me know i am not going to be too dissapointed.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Gadwin wrote:Is there a comment box ?
Unfortunately, no.