Konami wants to hear from you!

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
kte03

Re: Konami wants to hear from you!

Post by kte03 »

meh, after seeing Konami USA's constant errors in translation and such, it'd be nice for a GOOD change.
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

9. I'd be interested to know if the current writing team are sticking to any plotlines (I.E. The Pesmerga/Yuber mystery, Hikusaak's status, post-Suikoden III developments, etc.) laid out by Murayama when he was in charge, or if the answers to these questions have even been decided already or not, by Murayama or otherwise.

(I know its way too late)

My question/remark would've been around this point, more or less, does Konami have a continuance problem? End of question.

One note; I may note explain what I mean clearly.

It seems that since the return of Tir McDohl in Suikoden 2 (this is just an example, I know that a single Tenkai must control the path of a war), Konami is having a predicament in investing its significant characters (Tir, Chris, Flik, Sierra… etc) in any new game, Main or a Gaiden/Spinoff. Why didn't you, for the happiness of old fans and the attraction of new ones, create a side game about one of those favored 'Stars' but in a new representation? Just like many have spoken.
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Alestes

Post by Alestes »

I know it's too late, but I wish the first question had been expanded upon.

Not even the first Suikoden is available on PSN in Europe (and neither is Castlevania: SOTN or Metal Gear Solid), so it would be nice to hear if Konami have any plans for Euro PSN.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Shinsengumi wrote:My question/remark would've been around this point, more or less, does Konami have a continuance problem? End of question.

One note; I may note explain what I mean clearly.

It seems that since the return of Tir McDohl in Suikoden 2 (this is just an example, I know that a single Tenkai must control the path of a war), Konami is having a predicament in investing its significant characters (Tir, Chris, Flik, Sierra… etc) in any new game, Main or a Gaiden/Spinoff. Why didn't you, for the happiness of old fans and the attraction of new ones, create a side game about one of those favored 'Stars' but in a new representation? Just like many have spoken.
Wasn't bringing back Georg Prime and having an entire game pretty much dedicated to a highlight from his backstory in the form of Suikoden V is an example of them taking advantage of continuity?
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

How does Konami feel about the Suikoden community's disappointment of the 2D sprites not returning in any of the titles succeeding Suikoden 2?
Is and/or will there be any news on the development of Suikoden 6?
How accomplished does the Suikoden development team feel with Suikoden Tierkreis?
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
kte03

Post by kte03 »

@ Mikain, sorry but it's kinda too late to ask questions =/

... Unless they haven't handed it in yet.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Hoping they haven't handed it in yet, and I read, and from what I understood (didn't look at it for like 2 or 3 minutes trying to figure it out) that the closing time is a little before the release so I just did some questions lol.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

I am so late. But I wish that I could have at least ask some. Are we gonna see the Zodiac Sword AKA Star dragon Sword in it's Night Rune form? Suikoden II introduced us to the Beginning Rune but the more focus was on the components Bright Shield and Black Sword, are we gonna see the Beginning Rune as a "WHOLE" rune. Suikoden V's storyline was almost so like Suikoden II for you have the healing Dawn Rune which was like the inferior version of the Bright Shield Rune and the damaging Twilight Rune which was like the superior version of the Black Sword Rune, did you do this to have that Suikoden II feeling? Are we gonna be able to use the Sun Rune, Blue Moon, Dragon, Beast, Change, Circle and Eightfold Rune in the future installments? As a fanboy I love how all 5 elemental true runes where introduced in Suikoden III is there any chances where more than 2 true runes will be revealed in the future installments? Are we gonna see a the Gate Rune in its whole form? Is Leknaat ever gonna be a usable character? The Soul Eater is my favorite True Rune and it appeared in 3 installments, is there any chances we are gonna see it more in the coming installments. I love Suikoden I and II and it's music, it just stick in my head when I play, but the later installments didn't really had that great music on it, are you planing to improve it in the future installments? When all the true runes have been revealed, is that gonna be the end of the series?
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

In retrospect, I should have posted that on the main site and advertised it more, but sorry. The questions were due a couple days ago and I handed them in.
Dazz

Post by Dazz »

Will the replies be posted on the front page?

edit: What a stupid question. I should have looked on the front page before posting that...
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

I'm glad that a lot of the questions addressed why the Suikoden PSP collection wasn't released outside of Japan and why they decided to abandon the proper Suikoden formula for Tierkries.

This question:

"16. What is the thoughts on sprites used in Suikoden? A lot of people said that the series went downhill after Suikoden II mostly due to the game becoming 3D and no longer having the same feel in terms of art. And how do the developers feel about people ripping the sprites of the old games?"

is incredibly stupid. A game isn't good because it's 2D or 3D. Especially RPGs. RPGs are good because of the quality of the battle system and story. 16 should never have been included. Stupid, stupid question.
And I think the comment about voice acting was unfair as well. Suiko V had good voice acting. It's just Tierkries that has horrendous 12 year olds doing the voices.
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Braxiatel wrote:I'm glad that a lot of the questions addressed why the Suikoden PSP collection wasn't released outside of Japan and why they decided to abandon the proper Suikoden formula for Tierkries.

This question:

"16. What is the thoughts on sprites used in Suikoden? A lot of people said that the series went downhill after Suikoden II mostly due to the game becoming 3D and no longer having the same feel in terms of art. And how do the developers feel about people ripping the sprites of the old games?"

is incredibly stupid. A game isn't good because it's 2D or 3D. Especially RPGs. RPGs are good because of the quality of the battle system and story. 16 should never have been included. Stupid, stupid question.
And I think the comment about voice acting was unfair as well. Suiko V had good voice acting. It's just Tierkries that has horrendous 12 year olds doing the voices.
lmao dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Sure graphics aren't what make games so good, but they make an impact. Suikoden II's polished sprite style gave a simple yet a working effect that supported the game quite well, especially with an awesome storyline (best by majority). It's just that a conclusive effect arised where , idk if Konami tried too hard or didn't try hard enough, the 3D didn't really help out the Suikoden franchise.

But seriously, to call it a stupid question? Sad.
Alestes

Post by Alestes »

kte03 wrote:lmao dude, what the hell is wrong with you?
[snip]
I would say it's more sad that you think it's something wrong with a person when they doesn't share the same opinion as you.

I wouldn't call question 16 stupid, but I think it's useless and on the borderline rude towards the Konami staff. I mean, Konami, like all companies, wants to make money, and for many gamers nowdays 3D is the only way to go. Unfortunate, but that's how it is. And Suikoden V is an extremly good Suikoden game (and my favorite PS2 game) and it's in 3D.
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

Wasn't bringing back Georg Prime and having an entire game pretty much dedicated to a highlight from his backstory in the form of Suikoden V is an example of them taking advantage of continuity?
True, but why create a game with a new world to draw new fans, when you can simply continue the franchise? As you kindly put it with your example with George. Same old repeated question.
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Dazz

Post by Dazz »

Alestes wrote:
kte03 wrote:lmao dude, what the hell is wrong with you?
[snip]
I would say it's more sad that you think it's something wrong with a person when they doesn't share the same opinion as you.

I wouldn't call question 16 stupid, but I think it's useless and on the borderline rude towards the Konami staff. I mean, Konami, like all companies, wants to make money, and for many gamers nowdays 3D is the only way to go. Unfortunate, but that's how it is. And Suikoden V is an extremly good Suikoden game (and my favorite PS2 game) and it's in 3D.
Well hey, if you think it's rude for me to save a dying art, I'm not going to appologise.
Suikoden 1 and 2 were the easiest to get into because when something uses sprites, there is no real limit to how you can make a game look: 3D Playstation 1 games look like ass now, and soon enough, PS2 games will if not they already do.
However, Suikoden 2 still looks great - because they didn't make it try and use the "latest graphics" - I know graphics aren't what make a game, but at the same time, replay value wise, I can't go back and play, say, Tobal No. 1 (which I considered a stunning game) without thinking about how horrid the game is.
You can argue that graphics don't make a game, but I still find it hard to agree 100% when people will go out there and buy a remake of an old game because they updated the graphics. Metal Gear Solid eat your heart out.