[Guide] Strategy / War Battle Drops (Victory+ strategies)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
SuikoMJM

Re: [Guide] Strategy / War Battle Drops (Victory+ strategies

Post by SuikoMJM »

Thanks for the Lordlake strategy, KFC. It gave me a good foundation for what to do. Still takes a little luck, but I got it done. Didn't even know about the Cyclone Piece there. Made it a bit harder. Here's how I approached it.

I gave Dinn and Boz's units 5/5 Charges, then formed the center of a wall in front of Lordlake. It's easier when you don't have to pay attention when to prompt an attack, like you do with Barrage, and instead can wait for the enemy to run into you, like with Charge. That allowed me to focus on other things when needed.

I then had Isato/Urda/Lu (5/5 Barrage) and Jeane/Killey/Shinro (2/2 Thunder & Rage) form the second tier north and south of Boz/Dinn, to give my wall ranged attacks. Then had Prince and Talgeyl form the outer tier of the wall just to be sure. These units never moved.

The enemy should funnel into Boz/Dinn. At which point, I just use Charge to repel them, then have Isato follow up with a Barrage to push them back further, taking some pressure off of Boz/Dinn's charge supply. With the Cavalry units being faster than Infantry units, I didn't have to pursue the Cape of Destiny. I just let it come to me, finishing the unit off with Thunder or Barrage when it was weak enough.

I used Belcoot/Sagiri/Raven (Charge 1/1, Ambush 2/2, SPD +3) and Roy/Cathari/Ernst (Charge 1/1, Recover 2/2, SPD +3) to pursue the Archer units. I found that there were collision issues with the Archers, where an expected battle didn't trigger when I was on top of them. Ambush from Belcoot remedied this slightly. When Belcoot and Roy were interfering with the archers, they immediately started exhausting their barrages on me. I had Roy's unit cast Recovery when needed, then continued pursuing as the archers slipped past me.

This created a sort of pincer attack where the archers were pinned between barrages and thunders from Jeane and Isato, and driven back into my infantry where I managed to finish them off just before the enemy Infantry units took too much damage, which would have prematurely ended the battle before I could finish the last Archer off.

Lucky. I imagine if it weren't for the collision issues, I could have kept the enemy Archers in front of me and finished them off quicker, but that was unfortunate.
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

you're not label "increasing status stone" as very rare item? why?
is there any other way to harvest status stone?

please help me collect that status stone, where and what enemy?
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

So as I posted elsewhere, I can't figure out Victory+ conditions. I've won battles slowly, I've won them quickly. I've won with few casualties, no casualties, and even tried a lot of casualties for the heck of it. I've tried it own my own, used guides, these forums, still nothing.

I've had issues with the 'recapture' battle, and before it's said, yes, I've read about the issue with the HQ, and i've had my troops positioned near the HQ, on the HQ, the farthest possible I can move them, and I've tried not moving my lake forces at all. Nothing worked. I moved on the pursuit battles, and despite many victories on both sides, I never managed a Victory+.

I'm about to storm Stormfist, and I'm not sure if it's worth the time to try for a Victory+. I'm not an idiot, I do know how to read the forums, use google, read guides, etc. I've tried every thing I can think of, and I'm coming up with nothing. If anyone has any ideas, I'm willing to listen.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

This never happened to us, can you record it?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

Maybe? I've never done anything like that, so not sure how to do so. I do have saves for both battles, so if I can figure out how to record things and post it online... well, it will be a tech miracle for me, but I'll see what I can do.
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

You know, might be onto something... while waiting to hear back from my wife on some ideas for recording things, I retried the battles again, come at it fresh. This time, I tried 'not pursuing them too far' as Lucretia says, and not finishing off all the units for items... and I was able to get a Victory+ on the recapture the first try this way. If I finish off all three units for their items, no Victory+. I haven't retried the pursuit battles yet, but this seems to suggest it's an 'either/or' for some battles, as wiping them out for items goes against the tactician's orders, and therefore no Victory+ item. Granted, if someone has gained all the items in this fight it sinks this theory faster than Luger's fleet...

If anyone can confirm/deny this, might be helpful.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

The recapture battle is when we flood the castle, right? I always go straight for Childerich, ignoring the others
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

Right.... seems to hold true for the stormfist siege, too. By fighting 'worse' I follow the tactician's orders, but get the Victory+. Very bizarre that fighting too well gives you a lesser victory... but eh, we've seen stranger in this series lol.
Lyvann

Re: [Guide] Strategy / War Battle Drops

Post by Lyvann »

KFCrispy wrote:
Kirkis wrote:Hatred Fortress Battle

2x ArcShips with Barrage Skill = Rage Piece and Cyclone piece
Combat Ship CLOSEST to the fortress = Technique Ring
Victory+ = Thunder Helm*

Note: To get Victory+, you CANNOT kill all the ships. You need at least one enemy ship to retreat back to the fortess. The battle will also end if this happens with less than 600 enemy forces.
Thus it's insanely HARD to obtain ALL of the above cause one of those arcships is close to the fortess also.
this is definitely difficult, but my battle ended in Victory+ and only 8 Godwin soldiers remained. I thought i could wipe them ALL out. i think when 1 ship is left, the battle ends.... if that is true, there is a lot more leeway for getting all the items... but anyway, it worked out for me.
I don't get what stops this war battle...
I won it in a real mess the 1st time, with weak face offs on my side and therefore too much casualties but at least I could end it with 8 Godwin suckers.
Next replays it stopped at 800 morons, or 600, or 300. Is there a timer or an order to sink ships ?
Each time I tried to lure them far from the fortress and attack one at a time but the battle ended too soon anyway.
bookwormbabe29

Re: [Guide] Strategy / War Battle Drops (Victory+ strategies)

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

So I'm replaying this game, and think I learned something new for getting Victory+ on 'the recapture.' If I'm right, it's nothing to do with the dragon horses, not being near the HQ, it's Childerich. It's noted above the battle ends if you get his troops down, but this appears to be a MUST for Victory+. If Childerich's hit points are reduced too low, he withdraws the battle BEFORE Armes, and then the script for Armes pulling out triggers. If you target the Armes units, they pull back FIRST, and then Childerich flees blaming them. I've done this battle over 2 dozen times now, and this seems to hold true.

So my super easy way for Victory+ would be to send a beaver unit (two if you have them) to deal with the two ships. Load up the Dahak with barrage. For your land units, it doesn't matter much what you use, just send a strong unit to the bottom right corner, and move up slowly to lure the one archer down to you (I used two archers to soften it up at range). If done right, only the archer is lured, and no one else. Once all three units are defeated for items, hit Childerich's unit hard. You can use the Dahak's barrages, or send a land unit along the coastline to lure him (and ONLY him) out. As long as Childerich flees FIRST, you should get a victory+.

In simplest terms, DO NOT DAMAGE JIDAN or MAHA's UNITS.

I'm 99% sure of this, and would love to get confirmation from others.