[Guide] Trading price list

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Trading price list

Post by KFCrispy »

it sounds reasonable.. perhaps someone can record how much they actually make from trading an item before unlocking its spinoff.......
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

for some reason ive unlocked the gold craftwotk fisrt. i almost always sell the Gold/Silver at haud village. for 60 000 Potch.
of course never buy that item there since you cant make any profit off it.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so in my opinion, there's some randomness in it, or if you happen to unlock one thing, it's harder to unlock the next(?)

the thing is i easily made billions towards the end of the game just focusing on Gold to unlock Gold Craftwork, and it still took forever. buy all gold from almost every location that sells it for less than the average, then sell for max.
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

Well maybe i was wrong then because ive unlocked them all whitout really trying.
Waht im doing is buy all of the 5 items(rice,wheat,g&s,fruit,soybeans) in a trading post ecept where its the most expensive. as i stated earlier. and sell it in the town ( if Profitable). if not then wait till the next one.
i only do this when i have to go to a town for a story purpose or character recruitement. i dont take time just to trade. i just do it as i progress the game.
and they just popped up eventually. i am now Just before the beaver Lodge fire and ive unlocked Gold craftwork, Wine, Miso/Soy.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
genso19

Post by genso19 »

Yeah, there's really a randomness there, it's lack of luck that it's already available but no stock yet.

I've been trying to do trading, I already sold alot of things but I haven't even unlocked one (I think I spent 2 whole days trading 12 hours each day without stopping)
"Hey, listen up! These Godwin traitors got no respect for justice. And sure, sometimes justice is just a little word. But sometimes justice is three feet of sharp steel smashing in your face. Now, let's go get 'em!"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Trading price list

Post by KFCrispy »

unlocking items is definitely based on how much profit you make. i am in a new game in Sol Falena and unlocked Wine just because I had bought 5 Fruit early and a rumor make the price skyrocket.. after selling it for big gains, the Wine was already unlocked. I've also unlocked Miso after trading Soy Beans a little bit.

the spreadsheet was updated with a "quick list" sheet you can use to view up to 3 trading post prices next to each other.. it's not perfect because i would have liked some function to determine whether to buy or sell things, but the i because i put an asterisk on the prices for items that aren't sold at the trading post, they can't be read as numbers.... it would need a lot more work :P
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I don't know about that.
I've never found it hard to unlock something -- but that's probably because every time I visit a town I buy/sell what they're known for paying a lot for.

I'll replay this (I've been meaning to anyway, and you've just inspired me).

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

what i meant was it's based on how much profit you make on the item in your cumulative "career" earnings on the item.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i have another idea about unlocking items - i noticed Wine and Gold Craftwork unlocked in my game just after selling during a rumor that make the prices skyrocket. in my previous game i probably traded gold even more than in this game but i didn't unlock Gold Craftwork until really really late. considering how you recruit Sairoh by selling enough Salt during the price increase, perhaps the others are the same...
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

True, my guess is that the unlocking of items is not about prices or quantity, but runs on the Sairoh game mechanic. For all my play throughs I just buy stuff in large quantities then sell it at the next profit opportunity, even if the profit is small. This means that I am less likely to exploit price drops and raises, since I pay little attention to them.

I've never gotten any of the secondary items before the Armes invation, probably due to this fact, as it takes me that long to get lucky enough to hit a price hike dead on.