[FAQ] How many endings? (Spoilers)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Night

Post by Night »

Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Gravel

Post by Gravel »

Thanks - but, night: it's not in the thread, and the links posted are broken. Is the info in the official guide?
Night

Post by Night »

Hah, actually, it's in this thread!

It's on page 3, about halfway down. It's a post by Neclord X. However, here it is copied for your eyes:

"Lym Points"

I am hearing far too many people say they are forced into the "Georg" ending when they wanted the "Lym" ending, and so, this mini-guide came into play. This happened to myself as well in one case.

"Lym Points" are a term that I use to describe how you get a certain ending. If you are too mean to Lym or Lyon during certain scenes in the game, then your Lym points will go down or up. If you remain somewhere in the middle, or to the far right, you will be able to get both endings, but if you are to the very extreme left, you will only be able to get one of the two good endings after you have gotten 108 Stars of Destiny.

Example: I was mean with every single comment to Lym during one game. I teased her and sided against her whenever possible. During the ending movie, I was given NO choice to help her, and the game automatically cut to Georg. This says that there is a hidden tally of "Lym Points" in the game that will tell you what ending you will get if you're too nasty.

Another example of "Lym Points" is a scene in Lunas. If you were really nice to Lym, she will spend the night with you. If you were nasty, or even moderately mean, however, nothing will happen. This definitely suggests the game is keeping a hidden tally of your answers.

Lyon points also exist, as shown early on. There are two versions of the same "Lyon/Hero Bonding" scene. The Hero is given two completely different answer sets based on how he treated Lyon in earlier scenes. One answer is for the "Nicer" way of treating Lyon, and another is "meaner," where Lyon acts more like a nervous bodyguard then a special friend.

Assuming you start at a Base of 0 Lym Points. . . At 0 Points, you will have the option of choosing either ending. Ideally, though, you want positive points so you can get some of the optional scenes as well as not even risking the chance of a forced ending. Look at it like this:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Can choose your endings.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
|--------------------------|--------------------------|
A . . . . . . . . . . . . .0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . B
^
Forced into one ending

Going too far in the Negative direction assumes that you automatically get Ending A. Ending A is considered the "Georg" Ending. Note that going too far in the Ending B (the "Lym" Ending) direction does NOT mean that you will automatically see the B ending. Ending B is what many consider the "True" ending to the game, though both endings can ONLY be seen by obtaining 108 Stars of Destiny.

Also note that "Lym Points" also can be called "Lyon Points" because they are determined by your comments to Lyon as well. But since you do not directly address Lyon as often as Lym, they are not as any many points early on. Lym and Lyon points also seem to be counted as a separate total, as when you are very nice to Lym, but nasty to Lyon, Lyon will react as such. They are separate, yet the same, make sense?

Once again, this is not meant to taken as completely accurate, but is meant to help you choose what decisions you can make and not make to make sure you get the endings you want. If you want to choose between the endings, try to stay somewhere near the middle, or don't go to the far extreme in one direction or the other.

Ideally, my goal is to find out how many "Lym Point" totals you need to be able to choose endings, and see the optional scenes, such as in Lunas or with Lyon. God knows how long this will take, but then again its only speculation and a theory in the first place.

My thoughts so far (NOT TO BE TAKEN AS FACT):

Lyon Point:
-Scene in Lordlake Prologue, finding Toma-
Sure, I'll Wait: -1
I can't let you do that.: +1
------------------
Lym Point:
-After the scene with Arshtat/Lordlake, to Sialeeds.
Yeah, I guess I'd better.: +1
I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow . . .: -1
------------------
Lym Point:
-To the Maid in the Prince's Room-
Yeah, I'm tired: -1
No, I haven't seem Lym yet. +1
------------------
Lyon/Lym Point:
-To Kyle, after meeting him-
Sure, I'd like that: -1
Hmm, I'd better go see Lym first. . .: +1
------------------
Lym Point:
-To Ferid, after the scene in the Knight's Room-
I haven't seen her yet: +1
Nope. I'll look for her tomorrow. -1
------------------
Lym Point:
-During the scene with Lym-
I'm Home Lym: 5?
H-hey! Let go!: -5?
Note: I hear this one affects you severely. You can give Lym negative responses for the rest of the game, and while giving her this hug, she will still love you a lot for the rest of the game.
-----------------
Lym Point:
-Meet Miakis-
Um, hello, Miakis.:+1
Uh, a little help?: -1-2
-----------------
Lym Point:
-Lym's Husband-
Of course I'd hate it.: +1
Not really. . .: -1
-----------------
Lym Point:
-The Senate-
Huh? I have to go too?: -1
Okay, lets go!: +1
-----------------
Lym Point:
-Sleepy Sialeeds-
All right, thats enough, Auntie.: +1
You started it Lym.: 0 to -1 (This one's somewhat hard to tell, Lym seems to realise she made a mistake, but you still lecture her, hmmm...)
-----------------
Lym Point:
-Sacred Games List-
Only seventy?!: 0
Seventy? That many?!: +1
-----------------
Lym Point:
-Lym's Training-
Why don't you take the day off?: 0
All right, then. Study hard!: +1
Note: This is another hard one to judge, because both answers are rather vague.
-----------------
Lyon Point:
-What do you want to do?-
Go to town, I guess.: +1 (while not much of a comment, Lyon has a happy face here, seeming to me you get a "Love Point")
I'm not sure. What do you want to do?: 0
----------------
Lyon Point:
-Kyle's "Training"-
Of course!: -3?
Not really.: +3?
Note: This pretty much determines your "Lyon Points" for this point. Even if you were really sweet to Lyon in every other comment, Lyon gets really angry during this scene, and during the later "Bonding" scene, she will give you the less comforting and friendly speech, and the more "bodyguard" speech.
----------------
Lyon Point:
-Lyon Bonding Scene-
Note: There are actually two scenes here, depending on the choices you've made.
I guess I'll be fine then: +1
Don't worry. Nothing will happen.:0
----------------
Lyon Point:
-Gizel Rescue-
We're fine, thank you: -1
You could have killed us!: +1
Note: Rather vague...
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Gravel

Post by Gravel »

Lyon Point:
-Lyon Bonding Scene-
Note: There are actually two scenes here, depending on the choices you've made.
I guess I'll be fine then: +1
Don't worry. Nothing will happen.:0

Lol, thanks again. I did all it told me to do - yet I still didn't get the bonding scene with Lyon.
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

Would one of the bonding scenes with Lyon be a sunset scene? I got that scene where the Prince is looking at the sunset and Lyon is beside him.
Gravel

Post by Gravel »

I got that - but according to people on here that's the Bodyguard, not Bonding Scene.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

The sunset scene is the bonding scene, except it's two seperate scenes. If you choose the correct options, then Lyon goes into a completely different speech during the sunset, which opens up different text choices

"Thank you" and "What's gotten into you?"

whereas the BODYGUARD scene gives the other text. This is stated somewhat in the full FAQ on gamefaqs and seems to throw a bit of confusion around due to it's wording.

Also apparently an early ending is to lose to Miakis in the duel, she slits the Prince's throat so I hear.
nuizilla

Post by nuizilla »

WaKAAAAAAAA

I can't stand it !!

why they had to make it so sad storyline

Everyone died :cry: :cry: (evil KONAMI...*sob sob*)

The story is too cruel.... *snif snif* Think of the Prince that he won't have anyone left even Lyon (if not perfect Ending)

Bah! I knew Sialeeds must die .....but i didn't expect her to DIE (am i confusing?)

T=T

Nothing particular....just wanna mutter.......
(-_-")("-_-)
chypa

Re: how many endings? [Major Spoilers ALERT!)

Post by chypa »

so, the sunset scene is the lyon's point result?
that's all?
so there're only two good ending right?
george or Lym. nothing else?

yeah... why sialeeds must die anyway...?
Why she betrayed us???!!
i dont get it!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok but don't discuss it here. go to http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =12&t=6209
chypa

Post by chypa »

i know that....
i'm sorry...
dont mind about the Sialeeds.

let's back to the topic.
is it only the sunset scene? any other scene of Lyon's point?
Raptorg

Post by Raptorg »

i had a normal ending, sadly..

after the sun rune incarnation blew up, Lyon and Prince held hands, a moment later she weakened and fell into his arms and died, Georg storms in and watches how Lyon dies
prince stands up and shows both runes, Georg runs to prince and hugs him

next scene Lym asks some stuff and you see prince running over the ashtwal mountains(or however it's written)

i wasn't happy... but i guess you can expect that if you have 38 SoDs?

(on a side note, how on earth can you lose the duel with Dolph? such an easy battle, i still had full health when i "defeated" him, the guide i was following also said he was unpredictable, but i countered him all the time with the right counters and had a clear win)
chypa

Post by chypa »

you dont seems excited to play this game? why dont you search 108 SoD?
isn't that bad ending?
Aziz

Post by Aziz »

climactic/emotional death scene of Lyon :( yes, she dies.. Georg runs in to see her dead, the prince turns around with tears down his eyes and anger on his face and holds up both hands posessed with the runes.. almost as if he'd destroy the runes if he could
-Georg hugging him and the prince breaking down.
-Georg revealing the truth about the eyepatch ^^
-the Prince travelling the world with Georg... taking Lyon's sword with him as momento[/spoiler]
That's the ending I JUST got :cry: I felt a bit sad for Lyon, it would've made a huge impact if she died when Dolph stabbed her back in the game, because I had a Nanami flashback right then /cry

I didn't play the fourth Suikoden, because I heard it wasn't that good and I was on a long RPG break back at the time.

I loved this release though, hopefully we'll see an even better Suikoden with improved war scenes and such.

Last thing before I sleep, the voice acting wasn't impressive nor terrible, I liked some characters but other characters were really annoying "Roy" If they can't voice act properly they should really put the subs option I'm pretty sure the Japanese voice acting is more dedicated.
Viki's undergarments.
SuiDOKEN

How many endings?

Post by SuiDOKEN »

So I'm not quite clear on how many endings there are. Each FAQ have different takes on them, some of them don't even mention certain ones.

Here are the ones that I've came across or have heard;

-Early Bad Ending #1: Where you accept Barrow's idea of becoming a King.

-Early Bad Ending #2: You lose the duel vs. Roy.

-(Haven't done this one yet) Early Bad Ending #3: You lose at any point during the Queen's Campaign.

-Early Bad Ending #4: Choose to defend the Castle against Childerich and have Roy duel him.

-Early Bad Ending #5: Lose the duel vs. Gizel.

-(I just got this one) 'Less than favorable' Ending: Have a very low Star of Destiny roster. I just got this one and only had Faylon and Faylen as optional SoD recruits.

-(This one I only heard about and sort of seen it somewhere) A 'normal' Ending: Having between a medium to large amount of SoD recruits, but not having all 108 SoDs. ""Can someone confirm this to be true?""

-Good Ending A "Georg's Ending": Having all 108 SoDs and having chosen to leave with Georg.

-Good Ending B "Lymsleia's Ending": Having all 108 SoDs and having chosen to stay at Sol-Falena with Lymsleia. Considered the true ending.

Did I get everything? I especially want to know if there is such a 'Normal' ending, if you recruit 20 or so optional SoDs, yet not get all 108 of them.