[FAQ] New Game+ details

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

I need to ask a retarded question...

How do i get new game plus?

Yeah beat the game....

I did...

But where? Do i have a final save point i must save? Wait for the credits to roll? What?
Long time lurker...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

You need to wait until the end of the credits, then you will be prompted to make a Clear Data save. Do so.

Next time you want to start a New Game, choose Continue and load the Clear Data instead. It will begin like any new game, but with all the perks listed in this topic.
SythKainyn

Post by SythKainyn »

Argh...must get gold event again before ending game and sell 30 gold bars I bought for my game+ ... (thanks, I'd have been grumpy to find that out AFTER I started a ng+)
Dinn

Post by Dinn »

Christiansoldier is right. Just add Cathari in the party/entourage, and you can dash with x. But of course, in New Game+, you dont need Cathari to dash. Boy, all them ruins will be a breeze.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Okay, I asked this a few times but...

I heard you can't transfer Saint & Corruption cloaks, is this true?

Also, does your skill teaching ability decrease (IE Intermediate Combat), and stuff like that... do you lose those? If so, what's the point of the Epic Skills & Party SP transfering over? You still have to wait until 70% of the game is over to start using them.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Saint and Corruption Cloaks do carry over, they just require certain stats in order for a character to equiped them.
As for the skills, I'm not too sure.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Choooo

Post by Choooo »

You keep your training books, so you'll be able to get your skills nearly maxed out when you begin the Lordlake Investigation sequence. Provided you put all of your SP into the party pool before you finished the final boss, I guess.

Of course, magicians will have to wait until you obtain your headquarters and get Zerase.

As for the different sequences, yeah, I noticed the Lyon conversation was different, too. You have different options.
heidern

Post by heidern »

So the character level did not carry through.Huh I was hoping it does carry over.
SuikoMJM

Simple question...

Post by SuikoMJM »

Simple question...

So I beat the game and I load up a New Game+. If I beat the New Game+, can I load up another New Game+? In a nutshell, can I play through the game over and over again, amassing unique items? Or am I limited to just one New Game+?

The reason I ask is, my first playthrough was less than perfect. If I'm limited to only two playthroughs on the same save, I'd rather start over fresh and go for my perfect game. However, if I can go through New Game+ after New Game+ until my heart is content, I won't worry about starting over fresh...
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

I'd assume it's unlimitted, like most New Game + modes that I know of.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

You can have unlimited New Game+ repetitions. For completionists like yourself that must have everything, the only thing I've heard that doesn't carry over and is unique is the ( Euram or Eresh ) chess piece from Egbert's board games. Apparently its always the first one of them you recruit ( your first playthrough ) so you cannot get both.

I didn't play those so I can't confirm that though.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

When's the last chance you have to unequip your characters? Can you wear your best armour to the final battle, like you can in Suiko IV, and then unequip it at any point afterwards before you loose control? Or do you loose control immedietely after the final boss is killed?
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

Nope, you have to unequip all your good armor, runes, etc. that you want to carry over before the final battle if you want to keep it. There's no opportunity afterwards to do so. It sucks, because that final boss is kind of rough, too. :(

I would at least equip the sun armor on someone in your final party, or spread it between them. It doesn't carry over anyway, so you'd lose it no matter what, and it's good stuff. I also brought some extra Flame Array Chain with me, since I had a thousand and it's not too shabby.
Gravel

Post by Gravel »

Can any equipped runes/ items carry over? Or does all of it go?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Armour and items are lost if they are equipped.