Traiding rumor editor cheat code recuiting sairoh

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kevray8

Traiding rumor editor cheat code recuiting sairoh

Post by kevray8 »

Im having trouble recuitng sairoh. does anyone of you have a cheat code for Trade rumors?
I need the code where the salts skyrocket its prices.
Z3R01337

Re: Traiding rumor editor cheat code recuiting sairoh

Post by Z3R01337 »

I don't know how to make cheat codes specifically so can't offer any help there. Can drop some information though, and maybe someone with experience with this sorta thing can help you. So Sairoh's recruitment quest, Rumors, Trading Stock, and Trading prices are all calculated at the same time. Editing the rumor after it's set won't trigger Sairoh recruitment, and editing Sairoh recruitment trigger + selling salt doesn't work if salt prices aren't up. For a bit of a jankier fix, you can set the last refresh value to 0. It's a 4 byte number at 0x92a840 representing the IGT in minutes of the last time trading shops refreshed. If it's at least 30 minutes after that number, the game will set it to the current time and refresh trading stuff. If you freeze it to 0, trading stuff including rumors will refresh every time you enter an area with a Trading shop. Then you just gotta enter & exit Raftfleet until the Salt rumor shows up, which should be a 10% chance.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Assuming all that's true, it'd just be 2092A840 00000000, 2 being the 32-bit write command on every major PS2 cheat device I'm aware of, other than a couple of homebrew ones and the AR MAX, which would be 0492A840 00000000 (it uses the 3 unused address bits as size flags, among other things).

If it needs to be encrypted, that's another wrinkle, and I'd need to know the target device and possibly the master code for that. The AR MAX has obligatory encryption, so G9XC-72QD-51VZF on it. I vaguely remember Datel including a method for updating the encryption key in the master code, but never saw the option used. The default should always work, I think. Everything else has optional encryption, and the need for it, and the key, is generally down to who made the master code you're using for the game.
SquareishHaia

Post by SquareishHaia »

Pyriel wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:20 pm Assuming all that's true, it'd just be 2092A840 00000000, 2 being the 32-bit write command on every major PS2 cheat device I'm aware of, other than a couple of homebrew ones and the AR MAX, which would be 0492A840 00000000 (it uses the 3 unused address bits as size flags, among other things).

If it needs to be encrypted, that's another wrinkle, and I'd need to know the target device and possibly the master code for that. The AR MAX has obligatory encryption, so G9XC-72QD-51VZF on it. I vaguely remember Datel including a method for updating the encryption key in the master code, but never saw the option used. The default should always work, I think. Everything else has optional encryption, and the need for it, and the key, is generally down to who made the master code you're using for the game.
Thanks for the code, unfortunately the code doesn't work, the game wont finish loading the Loading Screen and stuck up eventually haha. But I got Sairoh anyways after 2.5 hours of waiting :lol:
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Well, hopefully you used it with a compatible cheat device. If so, I can't really say why it wouldn't work. The game could checksum some part of the save file after it's loaded into memory, or maybe it keeps trying to refresh the shops when they're zeroed on first load, and freezing the value to zero at that point causes it to just spend forever trying. Or it's just straight up wrong somehow. Can't say. I expect it's something along the lines of the second one, though. Usually a failed checksum would get you told off for having corrupted saves, and Z3R0's info is probably right. Most likely he just poked the value with a debug tool after loading into the game, and wouldn't have ever encountered any issues that might show up on the initial load.
SquareishHaia

Post by SquareishHaia »

Pyriel wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:12 pm Well, hopefully you used it with a compatible cheat device. If so, I can't really say why it wouldn't work. The game could checksum some part of the save file after it's loaded into memory, or maybe it keeps trying to refresh the shops when they're zeroed on first load, and freezing the value to zero at that point causes it to just spend forever trying. Or it's just straight up wrong somehow. Can't say. I expect it's something along the lines of the second one, though. Usually a failed checksum would get you told off for having corrupted saves, and Z3R0's info is probably right. Most likely he just poked the value with a debug tool after loading into the game, and wouldn't have ever encountered any issues that might show up on the initial load.
Ah I forgot to tell, I used a Codebreaker V10 if that helps.
moon123

Post by moon123 »

just buy,buy,and buy salt at trader everytime in the beginning of the game (sol falena and stormfirst).i get sairoh during logg and lun first time (or second if you go to raflfleet with lymlesia before entering lunas at purification quest) in raflfleet(where you must deliver them after getting caught stolen gold dust in lunas)