Chess Pieces

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Chess Pieces

Post by wataru14 »

I'm playing Suikoden 5 in new game+ mode. In my original clear file I chose Eresh and completed the chess pieces with Egbert (which was agony, by the way).

This time through I think I'm going to recruit Euram instead. Will his chess piece be available after I get him or its it forever locked by Eresh's?
Antimatzist

Re: Chess Pieces

Post by Antimatzist »

Afaik, no, you can only get one. It still counts as having all, though.

Don't ask me what happens if you chose Euram in your 1st playthrough, don't play the game, and then in a NG+ choose Eresh. Will you get her piece then? Who knows.

Anyway, I'm proud and ashamed at the same time that I got all pieces in all 3 games this yea. That was still something I never did in my Suikoden carreer.
sonic_Reaper

Re: Chess Pieces

Post by sonic_Reaper »

The chess game is not so bad since there are some relatively fool proof strategies. You really catch on after playing enough games.

Now as for the dragon races ... I completed that once in a playthrough for the rare equipment but good God I must have lost a few years off my life in the process.