Level 60 characters ranking

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Level 60 characters ranking

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser,have you ever tried the Crazed Orb?? It's more powerful than Power Rune (2X damage,instead of 1.5X),but the penalty is that you cannot control the character who bears this rune...so forget the unite attacks....it's like pressing the "Auto" button,but with increased damage...so some characters who have 3 free rune slots,can go up to 8X damage.

P.S. I tried the Pixie Rune on Levi,but it doesn't work...are you sure about this? Because in your list,you say that he can bear it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Crazed Rune was discussed early in the thread - he wants to discount it because there is an accuracy penalty similar to Fury, and of course you can't control the character. obviously there are MANY ways to power up a character and use that power; this ranking is based on being able to manually use the character for anything and stay as accurate as possible....
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

the accuracy penalty from a crazed rune is negligible for most level 60 characters, most of whom have an excessively high accuracy from a combination of high stats and high level skills. Even characters with 'low' accuracy are still competently accurate at level 60, with room to take a small penalty.

the lack of control is only a minor issue as well, given how few battles are set up for there to be one target substantially more important to attack than another.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

About this issue, i already tested for real, eldrasidar. Cathari and Killey are supposed to have supreme accuracy still miss like 1/7 hits with crazed rune equipped (i tested with monster in the last dungeon at ~level 60) And for some low attack characters power rune even has better performance than crazed rune, not to mentionned some who won't be able to join in unite for extra damage multiplier when they are crazy. (if the character has less than total 600 attack value fight againts an opponent with 300def+ like Sunri then power rune becomes more effective than crazed rune, i did a math for this).
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

i don't recall either of those two, and particularly Cathari, being super accurate without crazed orbs, but if you've tested it to be sure, guess it must be so.
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

hey you guys just babbling about somewhat formula/game mechanic
no summary at all

please share your best character with reason please

who's the strongest crit, multi hitter, magic, etc?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

gasp...you can very well view the physical damage potential that I calculated in the spreedsheet from 1st page. It also includes multi strike and critical hit performance rating.
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

Punkaiser wrote:gasp...you can very well view the physical damage potential that I calculated in the spreedsheet from 1st page. It also includes multi strike and critical hit performance rating.
you only list the formula not the name of the character
i need an exact name of the character

you know experimenting on every char with formula you listed hurt my brain, this is just a game... afterall...

simply say i just want a summary or your recommended character whose superior above others
thank you
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Did you even look at the spreadsheet? It lists al characters and shows their maximum damage. He even ranks them on their potential from E (worst) to S (best).
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

Antimatzist wrote:Did you even look at the spreadsheet? It lists al characters and shows their maximum damage. He even ranks them on their potential from E (worst) to S (best).
OMG!!!
i didn't see that link before...
my bad...
sorry all...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

silvereyes47 wrote:hey you guys just babbling about somewhat formula/game mechanic
no summary at all

please share your best character with reason please

who's the strongest crit, multi hitter, magic, etc?

Well Georg has a very good chance for critical hit since he has a permanent Killer Rune,good multi-hitters are Miakis and Frey (5 swings),and the best magicians are probably Levi,Zerase or Eresh.

Although if we "hack" the game with the "3 free rune slots cheat",then the best characters are physical fighters with 3 free rune slots,like Gavaya or Nakula.
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

Sasarai10 wrote: Well Georg has a very good chance for critical hit since he has a permanent Killer Rune,good multi-hitters are Miakis and Frey (5 swings),and the best magicians are probably Levi,Zerase or Eresh.

Although if we "hack" the game with the "3 free rune slots cheat",then the best characters are physical fighters with 3 free rune slots,like Gavaya or Nakula.

who is frey?
i don't recall anyone with the name "FREY" in suikoden 5
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

question for Punkaiser

i checked your spreedsheet
i don't quite understand about "weapon affinity" and "rune multiplier", would you mind explain it to me?
and can you make additional info or test on your spreedsheet about character's "special skill"
example:
1. Georg and Belcoot is insane about parrying (parrying and counter god even without strike back orb)
2. how to abuse Viki's Chain Magic, Mathias' mow down, etc
3. multistrike should be divided by 2 section: a) multistrike that attack same target and b) multistrike that attack different target
4. the same goes by double critical and normal critical

lastly i saw that you rate the characters by damage dealt only, as long as that character dealt most damage you rate them as "S"
isn't the character with high multistrike and high critical better?
i should admit that even Lu trigger multistrike let's say 5 hits, the damage itself is pale compare to Georg normal attack

thanks in advance
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

silvereyes47 wrote: 1. Georg and Belcoot is insane about parrying (parrying and counter god even without strike back orb)
2. how to abuse Viki's Chain Magic, Mathias' mow down, etc
3. multistrike should be divided by 2 section: a) multistrike that attack same target and b) multistrike that attack different target
4. the same goes by double critical and normal critical

lastly i saw that you rate the characters by damage dealt only, as long as that character dealt most damage you rate them as "S"
isn't the character with high multistrike and high critical better?
i should admit that even Lu trigger multistrike let's say 5 hits, the damage itself is pale compare to Georg normal attack
thanks in advance
1. the sheet is about pure offence, tanking performance wasn't counted
2. They are skills which rely on chance, the higher grade of the skills, the higher chance to be triggered.
3. You shouldn't care too much on b) because b) only has chance to occur when that attacker kill off his primary target. Call it a chance of a chance so it's very unreliable to count on.
4. it was supposed that the characters who have x% chance to crit will have same x% dbl crit so there's no need to divide the section
5. I didn't rank characters solely base on damage alone if you read the rules I made, all 3 criteria as pure damage+multistrike rate+ crit rate were counted to make the ranking. If I really did, do you think it's possible for Richard for exemple to stay in S rank or Lu at B rank?
6. Each character has a certain affinity with their weapon, C=no bonus, B=1.1x damage bonus, A=1.2x
Last edited by Punkaiser on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

silvereyes47 wrote:who is frey?
Frey is one of the somewhat official names of the Prince. it came from either a manga/novel or a game-save that Konami provided in a preview of the game or something.... (all japanese)