[Bug] Sell for Double the Listed Price

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

[Bug] Sell for Double the Listed Price

Post by KFCrispy »

a person at gamefaqs (i'll get the name later) found out, at least in Small Border Village and Graska, that you can sell items equipped to characters for double the amt listed (compared to the caravan). i confirm that it works but haven't tested other locations to see if this is a general bug.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wow,what an awsome find!

this can really help with money problems!

how exactly does this glitch work?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok it was Zap_Rosdower of gamefaqs who first posted it

i now confirm it works in other shops, but didnt' test every one--i assume it applies to all, though -_-

it's very simple. equip stuff you want to sell on ppl, and go to the shop, sell their equipped items. the sale price for a Gold Medal is 2000 potch. if you sell it from your Caravan, you will get 2000 like it tells you. however, if you sell an equipped Gold Medal, it still says 2000 but you get 4000!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

this is truly awsome,thank you for all this info
zionprophecy

Post by zionprophecy »

Good find man, thats gonna help a lot, at the moment ims tuck and need a quick fix for money./
I never said a word to my wife until i said yes to a divorce.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so you actually can get a full refund on items. (the sell-to-shop price is half the buy-from-shop price!)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Okay, so I tried that and I was selling Knight Armour and it sold for 3500 while it was on Lino when I got him and I also sold one that was in my caravan and it sold for 3500 that time too. . . also I had a silver metal in the caravan and it sold for 1000 and equipped it sold for 1000. I was in Graska. I'm thinking that this bug is only in certain games.
yeb

Post by yeb »

Did you actually look at your potch total? It will always display the normal price for selling, but if you look at your total potch you'll see it increase by twice what the game says it should.
-yeb
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Oh, now that I reread the previous posts I see I missed that detail. I'm not sure, I didn't actually do the math. I'll have to double check.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it'll be pretty obvious on a Silver Medal, you should only gain 1000 but ya gain 2
CorelRed

Post by CorelRed »

I tried it but whether I equipped it or from inventory, it still sell at the same price.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

yeb wrote:Did you actually look at your potch total? It will always display the normal price for selling, but if you look at your total potch you'll see it increase by twice what the game says it should.
Did you try that?
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Yes I can confirm if you sell Equipped armor, you get the full value of the equipment, which is twice the selling cost being shown.

You don't need calculations, just simply buy until you're broke and sell an equipped amor. You can clearly see this glitch.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Medal glitch?

Post by Sasarai10 »

Have you ever noticed medals can be sold at a double price when equipped?

edit: OK I merged it.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: Medal glitch?

Post by Wolkendrache »

"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan