[Guide] Skills

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

[Guide] Skills

Post by KFCrispy »

does the guide have specific stats for each grade for each skill? like.... +40% chance to.... similar to our Suikoden 3 skills guide?

Skill slots are based on your character's level. below 10, a character has 3. then for each 10th level (level 10, 20, 30...) one more skill slot is available.

Maximum upgradeable skill level refers to the maximum level (E, D, C, B, A, S from lowest to highest) you can upgrade your team's personal skills. it is based on number of recruits. Initially you can raise skills to D. Once you have 5 recruits, you can raise them to C. For B, reach 20 recruits. For A, reach 40, and for S, reach 50 recruits. I believe if recruits permanently die, your recruit count will be reduced, so you can actually drop in the maximum training skill level, but anyone who was already trained will not be downgraded or anything. *Yohn may count as a recruit.

Battle Lust - increase physical damage dealt after enemy defense reduces initial hit (and number of 'swings', but this factor does not change the total dmg dealt). This skill is not applied to counter-attacks or while a character is on a mount.
(thanks to Yeb and Wolkendrache)
E: +10%
D: +20%
C: +40%
B: +50%
A: +65%
S: +80%
so the formula would be something like: (base dmg - enemy def) x (1+BATTLE_LUST)

Treasure Hunt - affects range of diggable treasure detection (number goes by number of squares away from character)
E: 3
D: 4
C: 5
B: 6
A: 7
S: 8

Godspeed Move
S: +1 MOV

Extra Move
S: use leftover MOV points after an action has been taken. After a spell chant (used or cancelled), allows character to move the maximum MOV points the character has.

Jump
S: +1 Jump

More skill info later in this thread: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 9&p=161165
Last edited by KFCrispy on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I'm not sure 'Extra Move' is a percent chance. I've never seen it fail. Or rather, have never noticed it fail.

Its probably pretty obvious to anybody thats played the game, although I might as well mention that a new skill slot is gained on each '0'-numbered level. 10, 20, etc. Starting at three skill slots for characters of level 1-9.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Extra Move has got to be a percent chance because I have noticed that it only happens 2 out of 3 turns

for instance, I have it on rene and for 2 turns she used extra move and then she used it again for another turn after that it took 3 turns for her to use extra move again
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Obviously you didn't take note of the description for extra move. If a character has 8 move, but only moves 6 spaces, after his turn is over he can move an additional 2 spaces to make up for the 2 he didn't use since he only moved 6/8 spaces. That is how extra move works.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

o wow, thanks for that info angelis

I honestly had no clue :oops:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah, thanks! now i can be a little more strategic....
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

No problem, you two crazy kids.

Also, if you haven't noticed yet, move again works differently for mages

Say for instance you move your 8/8 spaces, even though no mage even with godspeed has that much movement, and you begin charging a spell. After you cast that spell, move again goes into effect and you're allowed to move your maximum amount of spaces even though it isn't your turn again.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wow, so move again is made for mages!

awsome info
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Thats interestnig. I had never put it on a mage. SO far, I've just found it useful for having characters who can inflict damage but can't take it (Mizuki before her evade gets insane) do their attack and get the hell out of there.

That sounds extra useful for mages, considering how easily they croak.
The Bryan

Post by The Bryan »

son_michael wrote:wow, so move again is made for mages!

awsome info
Yeah its very usefull on Andarc, if you use him.
WERD
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

Forgive me if this sounds dumb but what does Jump do in the game? and is it worth getting?
Mintalia

Post by Mintalia »

Jump increases a character's Jump by 1 (for example, give it to Akaghi and his Jump will become 4, instead of 3). It lets people get to higher ground more easily.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

It makes more sense if you note that each character has a Jump stat in their status screen, and each terrain square has a height value.

A character wiht a Jump value of 4 can move between two terrain squares of heights that have a difference of 4 or less. For example, they could climb up from a square of height 3, to a square of height 7, which a character with a Jump of 3 could not scale.
yeb

Post by yeb »

I had no idea Extra Move would be so useful for casters. I always use a lot of high mobility fighters and my mages tend to fall behind. Does it only work like that with charge spells?

I also know how a few more skills work.

Dodge: +5% chance to avoid regular attacks per rank, up to 30% at rank S (the percent is out of 100)

Bull's Eye: +10% accuracy per rank, up to 60%. It also somehow reduces the target's chance to use Guard.

Counterattack: I believe it's 20% chance to counter per rank, but it's harder confirm this. Rank S (120%) helps with countering side/back attacks.

Mind's Eye: Normally, when you're attacked from the side/back you receive a 25/50% penalty (respectively) to your avoidance & counter rates. Mind's Eye reduces that penalty.
E: 22% / 45% penalty
D: 20% / 40%
C: 17% / 35%
B: 15% / 30%
A: 10% / 20%
S: 5% / 10%
You could also say that it increases your evasion/counter rate VS side and back attacks, but it's more accurate to say that it reduces the penalty.

Elemental magic skills: Besides improving spell power and casting speed (I don't know how much), at rank S you get +1 range to all spells of that element.
-yeb
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I think a better way to describe the Mind's Eye changes (at least in terms of a guide) may be in terms of reductions of the penalty:

E: 3% / 5% reduction
D: 5% / 10%
C: 8% / 15%
B: 10% / 20%
A: 15% / 30%
S: 20% / 40%

Then again, even looking at that chart, its kind of misleading. Its kind of tough to describe that one in an easy-to-understand format without being inaccurate.