[Guide] Obel Ruins

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
gildedtalon

Re: [Guide] Obel Ruins

Post by gildedtalon »

Sorry, I forgot the 7 lizards. I didn't get the Counter Ring either

5C: 3 golems(2 on the northwest, 1 on the west), 1 fist, 1 sword, 3 bows, 7 lizards
The chest is on the long central T platform(on the southernmost part of the platform)
5C chest: Cape of Darkness
5C digs: Diamond and Platinum
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Counter Ring: The Item List just says level 5, but not which one, while another guide lists it under 5.II. I didn't find it anywhere in floor 5, neither 5.I nor 5.II, so let's wait for confirmation.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Wolkendrache wrote:2) The above mentioned attack ignores armor bonus, only natural physical defense matters. I've got the feeling that characters with high physical defense (Trishtan, Eugene, etc) get much less damage than characters like Wendel or Frederica, even when their overall defense (including armor bonus) are about the same. Since this damage difference can be huge, I believe the damage multiplier of the attack is calculated last, something like this: (base AT - physical defense) *damage multiplier. For Trishtan let's say: (70-50)*4 = 80. Wendel: (70-20)*4 = 160.
I can't speak for the direction thing, but this detail you noticed is related to the physical damage formula I tried to figure out - http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9537
Since I only tested with enemies, they didn't have armor so I went with "Enemy DEF" - your observations suggest it's based on a STR/PDF ratio instead of STR/DEF.

Thanks for all the updates! I'll update my main post (maybe make webpages) in the future, but for now I'm being lazy about updating stuff at suikosource!
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

You're welcome! No need to hurry, take your time...

While searching for some Suikoden Tactics information, I stumbled on a japanese page that contains what we’ve just compiled. I compared the data, which took a lot of time, because my japanese is shabby. There are some differences, but not many, e.g. they listed the Dragon Scale Bracers as dig item. It isn’t, so I assume that we are more accurate ;-)
Most of the information is not that in-depth, but there is some data that I couldn’t find here:
- A list of the different versions of the monster hunting areas (I didn’t know that each of them has 4 different versions, story battle versions not included), including enemy configuration and item finds.
- Armor and item lists, not as detailled as the english version (it mostly doesn’t say where and which items can be stolen), on the other hand it contains the Goblin Overcoat, which the english version doesn’t.
- A list of rest scenes (without dialogue), and if I understand it correctly, it includes their prerequisites, e.g. on which day the event must be triggered.
The site also has a lot of information about the other games. I don’t know if this is fan-made or information from official guides, my japanese is too bad to find that out quickly.
I guess I’m not allowed to post the link here, so just copy this into google and you’ll find it:
ラプソディア攻略フリーバトル – オベル遺跡地下
If you click on „Rhapsodia“ to the right, you can navigate through the various sections (Walkthrough, Characters, Items, Armor, Runes, Quest Guild, Optional Battles, Shops, and Other Data)
So if you don’t know the page (like I didn’t), and if you know some japanese or you are familiar with online translators, go ahead and check if you can find something new to you there.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

cool. i actually bought the official Konami guide to the game a while back, which is in Japanese. so while it shows all the maps and configurations, i can't translate it. but if you did Hunting in the same area a couple you would have seen the stages definitely had those different sets.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I know that age and you can surely link it. I don't know wher emost information comes from - e.g., it misses the rest scene when you loaded Suikoden IV data and have recruited Hero IV and Snowe. So I don't know if the elements are right.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Wolkendrache wrote:I was very unlucky in Flowing chamber A: a dragon attacked me with its normal area attack and not only killed the element, but also destroyed a chest between me and the dragon. I immediately restarted the battle. But just in case, are chests destroyed by enemies gone for good?
I think if you kill the monster that destroyed the chest, you will get the item. Don't quote me on that tho. I haven't played the game in years. xD
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

No, pretty sure not
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Antimatzist wrote:Floor 1 B dig should be Porcupine Cape

You can dig a Drain orb at Level 2B. I think there is no chest.

3B should be
Chest: Godspeed Anklet
Dig: Wing Shield
I still remember this information from Antimatzist
Some of them is wrong either the chest or dig is reversed or maybe a different item
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

These were the configurations I missed on my last playthrough. According to this site...
http://www.kh-guideline.org/rhapsodia/r_obel.html
...the information is correct, except that there are chests in 2B.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

That site is in Japanese. How do you determine that he is right?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I guess because items that can be dug are marked with (e). And he translated it. I use that site for Japanese reference as well, but at time,s it's wrong.

Not saying that my info is correct - sometimes I forgot to take snotes during the battle, so I had to think about stuff after I cleared the battle.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

That’s right, it has some differences to the data I collected by playing the game, but the differences were mostly enemy configurations. Since I missed making notes of the above mentioned levels, I can’t tell whether that jap. source is right or wrong.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

3 dragons on Cyclone Chamber, how do you deal with them?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's been a very long time since i played it, but note that they fly so I don't believe they are affected by tiles.
i think a good strategy for Cyclone Chamber is lots of mages with Cyclone Robes. i basically used mages throughout Obel because of their superior range and power (Wizard Runes are OP in this game). i probably also used Eugene when I was weak so that Noah could easily sneak in and steal things and the Rene can dig everything up.