Apparently, There Was Supposed to be a Shield Rune In This Game.

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
IenjoyBettyWhite

Apparently, There Was Supposed to be a Shield Rune In This Game.

Post by IenjoyBettyWhite »

I was going through some Skills in Cheat Engine, and I found there was a "Shield Rune" skill. I guess it was never implemented, and I wonder if it would have been good or not. lol. Just thought it was an interesting find.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Apparently, There Was Supposed to be a Shield Rune In This Game.

Post by KFCrispy »

Nice, I wonder if there are any remnants of its spells..
IenjoyBettyWhite

Post by IenjoyBettyWhite »

It would be pretty cool if it is in the game somewhere. I'm almost done with my cheat engine file for this game, and I couldn't find it unfortunately.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Seems kinda redundant to have a shield rune in Tactics. Characters get plenty of buffs just from standing on the right terrain.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

sticky-runes wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:54 pm Seems kinda redundant to have a shield rune in Tactics. Characters get plenty of buffs just from standing on the right terrain.
certainly, but it's just interesting to see more of the runes expressed in the 3D tactics environment, and it would just have been a different tool to mess around with. I bet since it doesn't associate with an element, it probably would have had more and better support skills to heal and buff the party.
I was very happy with the weapon runes in this game, as they use spell points to offer a variety of attacks instead of one limited one (that usually sucks or is way too OP due to unlimited usage) like in the main series. it would be interesting to see an update to the traditional battle system, like having separate Skill Points for weapons and Magic Points for magical runes...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If there was a Shield or Holy element as well it could have had 4 spells for once with Shield/Holy Force.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.