EXP formula?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Antimatzist

EXP formula?

Post by Antimatzist »

Did anyone ever bother figuring out the formula for EXP in this game? Using items e.g. will give a fixed amount of EXP iirc, but attacking enemies depends on the level difference, the damage (?) and whether the enemy is killed or not. Are there possibly more factors influencing this?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: EXP formula?

Post by Wolkendrache »

I think all actions are relative, but there are at least 2 kinds of actions.
1. The Exp reward of an attack depends on the level of the target (and killing a target adds a multiplier). I don't think the amount of damage matters.
2. Then there are other actions like using a bead or digging with Rene. The Exp reward of these actions depends on the average level of the enemies. That average level can change during a battle when you defeated the low-level first wave of enemies and stronger enemy reinforcements arrive.
I’m not sure about actions working with targets but which are not attacks or attack spells, e.g. heal skills or heal spells, they are either in the first or second category.
Hope it helps, take it with a grain of salt, it’s been a long time since I last played the game.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: EXP formula?

Post by KFCrispy »

I know using the Water Rune's Kindness Drops will gain EXP as if you attacked the person, or something like that, while AOE heal spells seem to use the more generic item formula.