Paula, Selma and Jewel are actually optional recruits.

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Paula, Selma and Jewel are actually optional recruits.

Post by Sasarai10 »

Anybody else noticed that?

Well here's what happened and I came across this discovery. I forgot to put equipment on Kyril, in the battle in Small Border Village, so he got defeated before crossing the line where the first chest can be found. Since I have collected all "S" items I didn't bother to reset the battle so I continued normally. During the battle those 3 characters never appeared, so I suppose you must keep Kyril alive before reaching that certain line. So yeah they are missable characters unfortunately, and you will miss the 2 Giant Owls as well.

Also there's a special dialogue as well I've noticed. I had Kika in my party in my previous playthrough, and I triggered some different dialogue between Kika, Frederica and Paula. Although surprisingly enough Frederica wasn't in my party. So I guess you will get it only if you have Kika (maybe you must upload SIV data as well, although I'm not 100% sure).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Paula, Selma and Jewel are actually optional recruits.

Post by KFCrispy »

that's really interesting! so Kyril has to do something during that battle for the recruitments.... if I pick up from my game i'll look into some of these things.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Ok I thought I posted about this 3 years back when I had researched the game, but I am at Small Border Village right now and confirmed: the 3 will join if Kyril completes his 3rd turn successfully. The pattern is consistent with all of the youtube videos I found.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Website guide finally updated.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Funnily enough, i have verified that you can bypass Lino and the 2 Obel Soldiers joining up during the first City of Graska battle. However, he is involved in the proceeding cutscene, and he automatically joins anyway, along with an Armored Kangacorn, Busk, and Ornela.