[Guide] Equipment List and Armor Compatibility

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Enigma

[Guide] Equipment List and Armor Compatibility

Post by Enigma »

This is a guide that shows each piece of equipment and which characters can equip it. Please note that the actual list of items and their descriptions were compiled through internet searches years ago, as well as from finding them in the game itself, as I never intended to create a guide or anything. The work I did myself was to acquire each of the items in the game and make lists of which characters could and could not equip everything. I analyzed these lists and came up with equipment classes to describe where everything fits. I also checked the sell price of the items that cannot be bought, and doubled it to come up with potch values for each item. (I do not have a save file with a Cape of Darkness, so I do not know what it can be sold for. If anyone could look that up, I would appreciate it. EDIT: Cape of Darkness price has been updated, thanks gildedtalon)

The classes:
L - Light Armor
E - Medium Armor
H - Heavy Armor
R - Robe
*Note that some characters are in both the L and R classes

M - Man
W - Woman
G - Girl
N - Nobility
K - Nay-Kobold
*Note that not all characters are in a class corresponding to a gender
*For some reason, Lalacle is in class K, as she can equip all the Nay-Kobold gear. I have no idea why this is.

S - Shield
*All shields can be equipped by all characters in class S

*CAPES - in this game all characters can equip all capes, so I did not find it necessary to create a Cape class.

T - Support Woman
*This class only includes Carrie and Ema. They can equip some things that I wouldn't have expected them to be able to, so I had to create a way to list them as such.

J - Jewelry
*Only Keneth is in the J class. This was the simplest way I could come up with to deal with him being able to equip some female-only equipment, like the Star Earrings and some others.

I abbreviated the shop locations to make it less cluttered in the "Buy" column:
Mi - Middleport
R - Razril
P - Nest of Pirates
O - Obel
Ny - Nay
I - Iluya
Nl - Na-Nal
Me - Merseto
H - Haruna
B - Small Border Village
G - Graska
C - Chiepoo

[Common] means the item can be bought at virtually any shop

0-3 is the range of Chiepoo's successfulness at the time
C0 is poor Chiepoo, when you help X & Co ruin him
C1 is his original state
C2 is when he begins to take off thanks to your help
C3 is when he achieves his goal as "The World's Greatest Merchant... meow!"
C (All) means Chiepoo always stocks this item

Anything found in the Obel Ruins is abbreviated like this:
1-5 - Floor number of ruins
F - Flowing Chamber
M - Mother Earth Chamber
R - Rage Chamber
C - Cyclone Chamber
T - Thunder Chamber

I hope you will find this guide useful.

*EDIT - added more item locations, and made more specific notes for floor configurations within Obel Ruins. Note that much of this information was found in another thread on these forums. I did play through and find all of these items, so I can confirm the accuracy. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread and the Obel Ruins thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Enigma on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: [Guide] Armor Compatibility

Post by Wolkendrache »

Only thing missing is a list of characters and their armor class, like Dario: HMS
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

That is included too. The file consists of two sheets, one is the armor listing, and the other is the character listing. I apologize if setting it up this way was confusing.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Ah, found it, thanks!
This list suggest that Simeon, Roget and Maxine can wear the hand of god. Is that true?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Wow, indeed, I never really realized they can.
I always used this site to check who can wear what:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/928809-suik ... faqs/68394
Your list needs less scrolling. Fine! If you'd include where these items can be found, it would be even more useful than it already is. Good work!
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Yes they can. Andarc is really good with the Hand of God in the early stages of a NG+ when very few characters are available.

I did compile a more extensive listing of where each item can be found, but it is mostly a compilation of information I found throughout multiple searches around the internet, which I used to help myself acquire everything to use for testing compatibility. I was afraid to post that one because I didn't want to be accused of stealing other people's work. The work I did myself was figuring out who could equip what and creating the armor classes. I'm brand new to these forums so I don't really know if my full list with locations would be allowed. Maybe an admin or someone can chime in on this. If it's ok for me to do, I would be happy to share the rest of the information.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Just don't copy paste parts that can be clearly identified as being from someone particular or from a particular copyrighted source. Creating a new list and filling it with information that can be found inside the game is no problem at all.

FinalFluver's item list is a great work, it has only few things missing (like Goblin Overcoat), and some few mistakes in the location listing. It tells you which character can wear the respective item, but it doesn't tell you why. Because of it's size, you need to scroll or search a bit, so a more compact armor only list wouldn't be bad.
Then there's this one:
http://www.kh-guideline.org/rhapsodia/r_bou_body.html
It is nice and compact and includes locations, but it doesn't tell you who can wear the stuff, and it's not 100% accurate. Oh, and it's japanese. And btw, 3 columns of what you've listed is included here (with some differences, your's seems to be more accurate), so why would you care about 1 more column?

A mixture of these two would be awesome. Then I could quickly check what can be worn by who and why, and where I can find it. If you'd just include a locations column, then such an awesome list would finally exist... :wink:
Last edited by Wolkendrache on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Well, it's actually 5 more columns the way I have it set up. Yeah, I'm a bit of a perfectionist...

I abbreviated the shop locations to make it less cluttered in the "Buy" column:
Mi - Middleport
R - Razril
P - Nest of Pirates
O - Obel
Ny - Nay
I - Iluya
Nl - Na-Nal
Me - Merseto
H - Haruna
B - Small Border Village
G - Graska
C - Chiepoo

[Common] means the item can be bought at virtually any shop

0-3 is the range of Chiepoo's successfulness at the time
C0 is poor Chiepoo, when you help X & Co ruin him
C1 is his original state
C2 is when he begins to take off thanks to your help
C3 is when he achieves his goal as "The World's Greatest Merchant... meow!"
C (All) means Chiepoo always stocks this item

Anything found in the Obel Ruins is abbreviated like this:
1-5 - Floor number of ruins
F - Flowing Chamber
M - Mother Earth Chamber
R - Rage Chamber
C - Cyclone Chamber
T - Thunder Chamber

That's all I've got. I'd love to know how much the Cape of Darkness sells for so I could complete it. Also, I find it hilarious that the S-Rank stuff can't be sold, but you CAN sell the Rose Brooch... for ZERO POTCH!

I hope people enjoy this guide and that how I have it set up is ok. Thank you Wolkendrache for your feedback!
Last edited by Enigma on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... &start=135
Check this thread, page 10, there's a list of all the stuff you can find in the Obel ruins from floor 1-5.2. For the elemental chambers, check page 1. Every level of the ruins as well as every elemental chamber has three different sets.
1. Complete your list by adding the set and specify. Example for Pirate King Bracers: Obel, Rage Chamber A (2 dragons). The specification (2 dragons or so) is needed, otherwise you would search for the item in the wrong set of the rage chamber.
2. Check for mistakes. I'm pretty sure you can't find the dragon scale bracers on floor 1, but instead in a chest on floor 5.1. (5.1 is what you called "mist present", 5.2. would be "mist cleared"; I'd suggest you use 5.1 and 5.2, it's shorter).

Your list is very helpful and well-arranged. Great!
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

There's a guide somewhere that says what treasures are on each configuration of each elemental chamber of the ruins. I remember printing a list out and checking off each one as I got to that configuration and got all the loot. Yes, I did go through the ruins enough times to get it all. That's 3 times per elemental day. Trust me, when you get down there and see a configuration you've already seen, it is incredibly frustrating. And I play on the actual console, not with an emulator.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

I played on console too and documented every set (enemy configuration + treasures). This is to complete your list regarding Obel 1 - 5.2:
- Porcupine Cape: Dig, Obel 1 (1 fist)
- Tome of the Arts: Chest, Obel 1 (no fist);
- Silver Bracelet: Chest, Obel 2 (2 lizards)
- Iron Shield: Dig, Obel 2 (2 lizards)
- Corset: Dig, Obel 2 (3 fists)
- Iron Mail: Chest, Obel 2 (5 lizards)
- Sniper Gloves: Chest, Obel 2 (5 lizards)
- The Godspeed Anklet in Obel 3 is in a chest
- Dragon Scale Bracers: Chest, Obel 5.1 (3 fire spirits); not in Obel 1
- Dragon Shield: Chest, Obel 5.2 (3 golems); 5.2 means “mist cleared”, it’s not 5.1
Aren’t the elemental mirrors accessories?

Really, why wouldn’t you want to make your list more complete and accurate? It’s no problem to integrate information scattered throughout the forum into your list. We would benefit from it.
As for telling the exact set, you’re probably right. When you explore the ruins you want every item, not just the armor stuff, so players would check the Obel guide anyway. On the other hand, more precise information doesn’t hurt.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Thanks for the help. I made some updates and corrections and edited the original post with a new file. I did not add early floor configurations for the ruins to help find junk items that can be found in stores, as I deemed that more complicated than it needs to be. 5th floor and elemental chamber configurations have been added. Note that much of this information came from the thread that the link in a previous post leads to.

As for the mirrors, they can be equipped by anyone in an accessory slot. I limited this guide to armor, and figured it was common knowledge that the mirrors can be stolen from the corresponding dragons.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

This is rushing towards perfection, I like it!

Some more suggestions:
- Just add the items found in Obel 1-4 (it’s not much). The more complete the better imho, but it’s up to you.
- Distinguish between El-Eal 1 and 2, just like you did with Caleron and Collanbal etc: One Piece Dress and Wing Mail are El-Eal 1, Iron Mail is El-Eal 2, and Wing Shield is both 1 and 2.
- Viking Shield is Collanbal 2
- Platinum Gaunlets can be dug up in Graska? Sure?
(- You used 3 different terms for the Graska Gates battles. Not too important, but not perfect either.)
- I’m pretty sure there are no Dragon Scale Bracers in Obel 1. It wouldn’t even make sense, because the bracers are much too powerful to be found on floor 1. In 5.1 you can either find the Goblin Overcoat, or the Cape of Darkness, or the Dragon Scale bracers. This should make clear that these bracers don’t belong to the quality standard of the stuff you can find on floor 1.
(- You’re adding “hunt” for the monster hunting locations, so you don’t need to add “Martin” for the Mido story battle)
- Another Hand of God can be dug up in the Patr. Facility 2

According to the Japanese source, there are 4 sets for each of the 4 monster hunting areas. Here is the armor stuff that can be found there (you’ve already covered some of it):
- Collanbal: Wing Mail, Battle Suit, Silver Bracelet, Silver Chain Mail, Fur Cape, Magic Robe
- Terana: Paw Gloves, Mother Earth Robe
- Xasta: Stardust Dress, Viking Shield
- Mido: Gold Mail, Gold Chain Mail, Gold Bracers, Knight Armor
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Thanks a lot! I added configurations for floors 1 and 2, fixed the Graska issues by calling them Graska Gates, Graska (1st), and Graska (2nd), and added in the stuff you found in the Japanese listing. I left the Martin note in there because there are two story battles at that location. I agree the Dragon Scale Bracers on Obel 1 had to be a mistake; I removed it. I know you can find them on Obel 5.1 though, as this happened to me once while I was looking for the Goblin Overcoat. New file added to the original post.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

- As for Martin, I meant the Hero’s Cape at Mido. As for Collanbal, you could just call it 1 and 2 like the others, but that’s not important.
- There is Graska 1, then Graska Palace, then Graska 2. I don’t know what you mean by Graska Palace Gates, and I can’t remember Platinum Gauntlets as dig item in a battle there. This would be senseless because they can be bought in Graska anyway according to your list.
- Viking Shield is Collanbal 2, not Collanbal (hunt)
Furthermore, add sets for Obel floors 3-4 and the list is finished, I guess, at least for my part. Whew! :D