Question on Golem's Arm

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Juan

Question on Golem's Arm

Post by Juan »

Anyone know how to avoid it besides casting Vengeful Spirit?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Question on Golem's Arm

Post by KFCrispy »

you can't avoid it. see if there's any equipment that starts with the attack protection or items that add it... boosting defense is another strategy. then when you're stronger you can just kill it before it attacks.

i forgot the range on the Golem..... i'm wondering if Sigurd/Kate and mages can attack it when the golem's attack is out of range. you can also try someone like Cedric to move really close, drop an opposite elemental bead, and retreat. but again, i forgot its range.
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:you can't avoid it. see if there's any equipment that starts with the attack protection or items that add it... boosting defense is another strategy. then when you're stronger you can just kill it before it attacks.

i forgot the range on the Golem..... i'm wondering if Sigurd/Kate and mages can attack it when the golem's attack is out of range. you can also try someone like Cedric to move really close, drop an opposite elemental bead, and retreat. but again, i forgot its range.
Because in my first time in the level 5 and when you can access the ground the position of the golem sucks it is in the west, middle and east and they are in the middle of the map and there is elemental spirit and skeleton fist below. And what irritates me is that the stairs infront have 2 height difference, I can't move down my mage which is Jeane to attack the Golem in the middle.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah the limited Jump sucks--use a different character first then switch to those low-JMP mages.
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:yeah the limited Jump sucks--use a different character first then switch to those low-JMP mages.
The problem when you put the mages below early they will be targeted by the enemies. Anyway I will try to get Rank S on Obel Ruins now since I am before the final battle of the game.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

btw the Golem Arm range is 8 tiles.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

you can only reduce the damage by sending someone forward who has high HP and making sure they are standing on their element, and if possible increase their DEF by having an earth rune user cast clay guardian, or feeding them a crab bun. The White Tiger rune has the Steel Curtain spell, but it only works for one turn so it's not very reliable. The Hidden Power ability is also useful for recovering a character's health when it gets low. Once a golem has used both fists it can never use that attack again.