Troy and Dzerassa

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Archangel_X

Troy and Dzerassa

Post by Archangel_X »

I recently read the Suikoden 5 character section on SARS, and came across something interesting. The woman wearing black who was seen throughout the trailer, is named Dzerassa. According to BM, her name is from Scythian mythology, where she is "the daughter of the Sea God". Throughout S4, Troy was referred to as the child of the Sea God. Perhaps they are related in some capacity.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

:D a connectin to troy!!!!!

that would make this game even greater

*crosses fingers* please let that be true!

edit:wait...I thought that the woman in black was zelesse?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It was originally translated as Zelasé but Sars found out that Dzerassa is more accurate to the Scythian mythology. It all depends on how the game's translators translate it, though.
Archangel_X

Post by Archangel_X »

She has no official english name yet, nor do any other characters (with the exception of Georg Prime, Lorelai, and any other returning chacter). Anytime that you read one of these characters names, it is simply a translation from the Japanese version. As we have seen in the past, their can be several variations of these names before the game is actually translated and consequently every character has an official name. Some examples that I can come up with off the top of my head are Borus (Bolus) from S3, Brandeau (Brand, Bland, etc.) from S4, and Fubar (Hoover) from S3. Someone fluent in Japanese and English could probably explain it better, but the multiple variations in the translated names is due to the fact that the Japanese alphabet is so drastically different to the English alphabet, that it makes it almost impossible to get an exact translation of just about anything.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Most likely, if Konami has named the woman in black a name that translates to "daughter of the sea god", there will be a connection to troy. They wouldn't use that same "nickname" twice, just for kicks and giggles. No matter if they keep it, or change it to something rediculous like "Pineapple", there will be a connection.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

They didn't give her that nickname, it merely stems from the mythology that her name is based on. As a matter of fact, I doubt thre will be any Troy reference at all.

I guess next you crazy kids will be saying she's the daughter of Pesmerga since she wears black.
I hope everything is going delicious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a reference to Troy, even if it seems unlikely. We do know that Felid was originally from the Island Nations, so it's not too far-fetched to speculate that another character in this game might have relations with that region.

But I have my doubts.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

isn't it really too early on in the game to speculate anything? Because you know, in a year or two when the game comes out we're gunna be looking back on all of this and going "Psh, wtf was I thinking?"
Archangel_X

Post by Archangel_X »

It is never to early to speculate on things. In this particular instance, I wanted to point out this possible connection to Troy because if it is true, I look like a genius, and if it isn't, noone will really remember that I said anything.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Archangel_X wrote:It is never to early to speculate on things. In this particular instance, I wanted to point out this possible connection to Troy because if it is true, I look like a genius, and if it isn't, noone will really remember that I said anything.
Ah ha ha. Motives. :D
Maas Stormgripper

Post by Maas Stormgripper »

speculation, by it's very nature, happens early and often before facts roll in.
It's just that facts never really stop the speculation. :D
What you think I was born this way?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yes, but the problem is, people tend to forget that speculation should be plausible and based on known information rather than simply pulling something out of the middle of the air, or ,even worse, their gully-hole.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

she can't be the daughter of Troy it is more then a hunderd years after ....................the only way the could be fer certain is if troy survived but i highlly dought it....maybe somebody else was given the nickname like maybe it was given to Lazlo(hero IV) cause he defeated Troy....but these are only guesses so im not certain