Bartholemeu/Lorelai

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I am well aware, but SARS would label something like that as a maybe rather than the definite that it appears to be. Since he has access to information that we don't, I'm assuming that he found out from someone/somewhere that the person in question is Lorelai or else he'd put a question mark near her to indicate that it's only a hypothesis/guess.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Who are all the revealed characters in Suikoden V so far? Can someone put up a link where I can read this, or post all the character's names? I went on the official website, but my Japanese is choppy, and I cannot read all the characters.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I hope everything is going delicious.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Thank you very much.

To me, that doesn't look like Lorelai, but it very possibly could be. The "Hero's Double" looks like Bartholomew to me, for some odd reason. Maybe the hair color and headband, but I'm not sure.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

I honestly can't understand people's fascination with Bartholomew. Sure, he was a pretty strong character in IV, but no character really stood out as having any true personality. I'm more surprised people aren't wondering if Amada would be in this game since he did come from the Island Nations. He may have made a stop over in Falena. And I'd much rather see Morgan than Bartholomew any day.

As for Lorelai, I think its safe to assume she will be in this game. If I'm not mistaken, Killey helped Georg assassinate the Queen, and it was Lorelai that caused Killey to be imprisoned in Falena for three years I think, meaning all three should be in the game. Regardless, I haven't been this excited about a Suiko game since II. I just hope it brings back the magic of the series for me.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

jonathan_priest wrote: As for Lorelai, I think its safe to assume she will be in this game.
she IS in the game, sars has confirmed this
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

jonathan_priest wrote:I honestly can't understand people's fascination with Bartholomew. Sure, he was a pretty strong character in IV, but no character really stood out as having any true personality. I'm more surprised people aren't wondering if Amada would be in this game since he did come from the Island Nations. He may have made a stop over in Falena. And I'd much rather see Morgan than Bartholomew any day.
It's because Bartholomew wasn't a particularly developed character in IV that having a trace of his character in this game would be much appreciated. He's no less developed than Morgan, except that the latter had been around much longer and stood a chance being further developed through publications. i.e. The name Falena didn't even appear in the original game that Morgan first appeared in.

It's not about choosing one over the other. There are only 5 confirmed Falena-related characters in the series prior to V's release, and it's fine to want to have all of them back in a game that takes place in the Queendom itself.
killey

Post by killey »

son_michael wrote:
jonathan_priest wrote: As for Lorelai, I think its safe to assume she will be in this game.
she IS in the game, sars has confirmed this
Sars hasn't confirmed it, he's just put it there because that is the popular belief at the moment.

It slightly resembles Lorelai because of the hair and like Lorelai she has some sort of band across her forehead, though Lorelai's had a big jewel on it.

I won't say whether Lorelai is in the game or not until I have some sort of confirmation, there isn't enough resemblance from the trailer to be certain yet.
Dooz

Post by Dooz »

I'm with Killey. Though they do look similar, that doesn't mean that they are the same. Although there is substantial evidence pointing to her appearance in the game. Still, that woman may not be her.

And SARS cannot confirm anything that Konami themselves have not confirmed. Thus one must still have even just a trace of doubt when thinking about it.

SARS may know a ton more about Suikoden then I could ever dream, but he's no prophet.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

The below information comes from suikox new s5 character page

Lorelai
Chikatsu Star

The Sindar-hunter and adventurer from Suikoden 1 and 2, we will see her younger version in Suikoden 5. We can see her for a split second standing in what appears to be a Sindar ruin.

2 things to note: sars has marked characters hes unsure of with a question mark, example=
jeane?
what I higlighted in bold seems to state that she will be in suikoden 5 and its not speculation
killey

Post by killey »

I didn't want it to come to this son_michael but you made me do it, I'm bustin out the quotes!
Sars Ad-Minh wrote:hawkthanatos wrote:
Hey Sars, do you have any confirmation that Lorelai is in the game or are you just assuming it's her?

Nope, it's about 100 other fans assuming it's Loralai.
Note: I'm hawkthanatos
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

lol ok kiley you win
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I don't think they'll have every character from Falena return in this game. Lorelai, it seems, MAY be coming back, and Georg definately is, but what about others? I don't think Killey is...or at least I didn't notice him on Sars' list. I think they should show every character from Falena, concidering they are in Falena at that time, and not on the mainland.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yes but don't forget that list is in no way extensive to the final product, just the trailer.
koeneloen

Post by koeneloen »

If you look at the character artwork from suikoden 2 and the picture from SARS you can say for about 99% that the woman on the picture is Lorelai, she is only missing her cape but she does have a blue band around her forehead like she has in 1 and 2

http://www.suikosource.com/images/chars/l/lorelai02.gif
The Suikoden 2 artwork

http://suikox.com/s5/pix/lorelai.jpg
The suikoden 5 trailer screenshot