Possible V plotline.

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Raid

Possible V plotline.

Post by Raid »

Its obvious the Queen is a bit loose in the head ala her mad cackling near the end, the prince returns and gives a report of bad times in some land to which she replies “They disserved it”, and a beam of light is shot out to which a old farmer gets scared of. The official site translations say she wishes to create a peaceful nation, but as we’ve seen threw out the series peace is a relative term. As long some other government is around there is going to be a war yet you can’t just walk in and rule so I guess Queeny isn’t going to go in knights a blazing.

The sun feeds the foliage and nurtures the world in ways the land can’t, I mean mother earth is nice and all, but plants need light to process the nutrients in the ground. Yet also the sun can scorch the earth and set fire to all it bathed in warmth thus it makes me wonder how you can acquire land owned by someone else without bloodshed? What if a land suddenly became too dry to support any crop life leading its people to famine? The workers get tired of the taxes the government puts on the dwindling food storages, its economy drops and foreign merchants come in to make some quick gold off the situation, what’s a nation to do?

Then all of a sudden a country comes to aid its neighbor, Falena a nation with more water and food then it knows what to do with lends its limitless recourses to this struggling little nation. They form bonds with their benevolent benefactors; the government looks worthless in the eyes of its people and thus only has one alternative, assimilation. Falena with open arms welcomes it new territory and the scene becomes perfect. The sun goes back to the way it used to be, the people are fat and happy, and Falena acquires new land, everyone wins.

Yet those weirdoes in black come in, what could they want with a pacifist ruler?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Im confused...what exactly are you predicting the plot will be? are you saying in the game falena will be a kingdom that helps places and then destroys them later on and that represents the duality of the sun rune?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I have a question about the plot myself. Georg Prime is definatly there but I saw a couple of posts talking about S5 happening after the Succession War but Georg killed the Queen before this so how can he still be there? I was getting the idea that we would be seeing the story on how and why Georg killed the Queen of Falena. From the two trailers, it looks like she is another Unstable ruler with Power. Much like Luca was in S2, so I get the impression she's going to be getting quite heavy handed with that sun rune and her son will of course want to stop that.

It just seems that this game will be happening before S1, if this is what the story is about.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

No, Georg did kill the queen after the Succession War, that was a huge translational error in Suikoden II. Here; http://suikox.com/ed/georg50425.html
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Okay that makes more sense then! So then acoording to that entry the game would be set between s1 and s2? Since in s2 he's left Falena.

Then why hasn't the Georg entry on Suikosource been updated? That's where I went to make sure of Georg's information.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Because we havn't had the time to update the entry. We can't update things on a moment's notice every time we find new information, my apologies for that, but we're all unpaid volunteers and all of the admins have full-time jobs.

Also, the Georg thing wasn't a mistranslation; it's the same in the English version as well. It was simply fans misinterpreting the entry.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

It's all good :) You wrote a good editorial on Suikox so I get it now. :)

Well so far the trailers have shown an interesting story about intrigue and madness, even if I can't totally understand what they are saying. It does look like it will be a Tragedy story with the Queen being affected by the Sun Rune. One of the scenes on the trailer, showed the Queen talking to her Son and he was gritting his teeth (well thats what it looked like to me) llike he didn't like what he was hearing from her.
Maas Stormgripper

Post by Maas Stormgripper »

SO perhaps she goes nuts and George is forced to take her down during the game?
What you think I was born this way?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

That's what I was thinking would happen. The Hero isn't going to like that lol.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

As far as a war between other nations, Gaien is very near Falena. Maybe Arshtat wants to take over Gaien, and then there's an all-out war between the two nations. The Razril knights could return, too, helping Falena, since they became independant after Gaien abandoned them.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

The one thing that I realyl wonder about is the scene between Syaries, Limslair, and Miakis. If you don't remember, Syaries asks Limslair if she thought "he" (probably the Hero) would lsoe so easily, but Limslair respodns that she had nothing to do with it.

My speculation is that the Hero gains one of the two runes (whichever it is) and the Queen plans on killing him and taking it because she wants the power, or perhaps the Sun Rune is utilizing her to complete the pieces by getting the Runes of Dawn and Dusk. I think the war will be between the hero and Arshetat, with Zelease probably picking a side so the two can fight, one will die, and she picks off the winner.

But I think the Queen will use Limslair (and possibly Felid) as a weapon against her son, and they'll be caught. Limslair joins her brother after she finds out the truth.
-M
shinro-kun

Post by shinro-kun »

err.. somehow it seems to me that georg will kill limslair instead of arshetat.. its too obvious if its really arshetat.

and yeah, i know that limslair isnt queen. :D
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Didn't SII or some source confirm that Georg really did kill or was responsible for her death? I do think we will be fighting against the Queen, unless she dies early, which I doubt. Why would Georg kill his sister?

Also in the promo videos I could swear Field is hugging or killing a little girl out in the rain.. I can't tell, one of those akward animations moments I think.
Iku

Post by Iku »

umm the identity of the girl is unknown but is rumoured to be Rionne but younger obviously and idont thinks its george either ithink it was felid or another of the male knights
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Didn't SII or some source confirm that Georg really did kill or was responsible for her death? I do think we will be fighting against the Queen, unless she dies early, which I doubt. Why would Georg kill his sister?
Wait are you saying Arshetat is Georg's sister?
:?

Anyway I speculate that Georg does'nt actually kill Arshetat. Shinro kinda pointed out my theory that maybe he'll kill Limsliar (I mean she is the next in lime for the throne right?) Why and how he would kill Limsliar, I have'nt really thought about that yet. :P