How is Suikoden Tactics Gameplay

Closed with the release.
gino23

How is Suikoden Tactics Gameplay

Post by gino23 »

I never played a tactical RPG in my life, except for front missions 3 and 4. Will suikoden Tactics be the same gameplay?

BTW cant wait for this game, they better get it right this time.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I assume it'll play similarly to Vandal Hearts, since it's being made by Konami and all. I'm imagining a "Suikodened-up" version of VH.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Some Japanese fans were able to test play a demo version at select game stores in Osaka, but their comments are that it plays like FFT. The battles are apparently quicker than people feared, and not that bad. As long as the story is good, this may be a pretty good game, after all.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

SARSadmin wrote:Some Japanese fans were able to test play a demo version at select game stores in Osaka, but their comments are that it plays like FFT. The battles are apparently quicker than people feared, and not that bad. As long as the story is good, this may be a pretty good game, after all.
Quicker? Umm, that most certainly is odd. From all of the screen shots that we've seen I was afraid they'd take forever judging from the vast amount of enemies I've always seen in comparison to the number of allies on screen.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Yubers-Apprentice

Post by Yubers-Apprentice »

I don't mind I love a good long tactical battle.
I've beaten Suikoden 1,Suikoden 2,Suikoden 3,Suikoden 4

I still have to beat Suikoden 5...

"Patience is a Virtue"

"If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life then let's all get drunk and have a good
time."
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Yes, as long as there are difficult strategy battles, I'll be happy. Such as Advance Wars...I still can't beat that game, you need to put so much thought into it. And that's what I want, a Suikoden game that is difficult to complete. Very difficult.
gino23

Post by gino23 »

wait in suiko t. Are you commanding armies instead of party members?

AWESOME!
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

I don't mind I love a good long tactical battle.
Yeah, strategy game is fascinating. A long game that twist your mind to make a better strategy in order to defeat the enemies. Playing strategy is like your a tactician in the middle of war.[/quote]
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

gino23 wrote:wait in suiko t. Are you commanding armies instead of party members?

AWESOME!
Nope, party members.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

"Yes, as long as there are difficult strategy battles, I'll be happy."

But if it's as hard as Berwick Saga, possibly the hardest SRPG on PS2, then I'd be a bit upset.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

dragonmasterx wrote:"Yes, as long as there are difficult strategy battles, I'll be happy."

But if it's as hard as Berwick Saga, possibly the hardest SRPG on PS2, then I'd be a bit upset.
I'm just so used to easy games, I'd really like a challenge. I don't think that people would prefer an "impossible" game, though, compared to a "difficult" one.
Last edited by True Wind Bearer on Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

Id like something difficult, not impossible; something that i really have to use my brain to work out an effective strategy for winning a battle.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."