Rhapsodia to tie up loose ends of 4 story...make way for 5?

Closed with the release.
LGM

Rhapsodia to tie up loose ends of 4 story...make way for 5?

Post by LGM »

So at what point in/or after 4 did Konami decide on Rhapsodia? Was it planned all along, with 4 being a platform to introduce a tactics game? Or is Rhapsodia being used to 'wrap up' suiko 4 storyline to make way for a new direction on suiko 5? It seems as if Rhapsodia is contained in the world of 4, however the characters from the other games (Viki, Jeane, Ted and Leknaat) seem to be missing from the game.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I think Rhapsodia was already in production whilst Suikoden IV was being made/finished off. Rhapsodia wasn't just thought of after Suikoden IV was released otherwise they wouldn't be so far along with the production.

Rhapsodia doesn't have to have all 108 SoD's from Suikoden IV. It's a stand alone game that is set around the time and war of Suikoden IV so naturally some characters will be in it - just not every character.

We don't know squat about Suikoden V to say if Rhapsodia has any connection to it at all.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Fliktor wrote:We don't know squat about Suikoden V to say if Rhapsodia has any connection to it at all.
We don't know much because they're keeping everything hidden. The game's production seems to be at the same point as that of Rhapsodia (how would there be cutscene pictures if not?), but we're not having a good enough leak of information to make up the story/time/etc.

We know Rhapsodia starts before, takes place during, and ends after Suikoden IV. Rhapsodia may lead the way to S5 (since the productions are happening at the same time) but how... we don't know yet.
[evil laugh here]
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Having screen shots does not show any form of completion. Rhapsodia has voice overs and an english translation. Suikoden V has three or four screenshots. But the fact doesn't change that we don't know anything about Suikoden V so howcan we say it will follow on from Rhapsodia.

Going with past trend, no Suikoden game has ever followed on from a side story (Suikogaiden). Suikoden V could be set 50 years after Suikoden IV - therefore the only connection would be the vague georgraphical connection from Rhapsodia.

I don't think there will be any more of a connection between Rhapsodia and Suikoden V than any other game before it. Suikoden IV and Rhapsodia are obviously connected, but Suikoden V is a stand alone game.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Mukumuku

Post by Mukumuku »

is it just my or is suikoden V coming a little to fast? Don't get me wrong I can't wait till it comes out...but it just seems like the other suikoden took a while for there to be screen shots...
Why do so many people hate Americans?
Is it our fault that we're #1?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's more than one team working on Suikoden-related stuff, so it's not a very big suprise.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

So long as the end products don't feel rushed when played (like IV did, although I do like it regardless) I personally don't care how long the between-game gap is.