If Rhapsody is not released...lets complain

Closed with the release.
Fu Su Lu

If Rhapsody is not released...lets complain

Post by Fu Su Lu »

I think in case rhapsody was not released (usa and/or europe)we definitely should make a huge complaint against konami.
When SIII was cancelled for europe so we did and altough it was never released, we got SIV.Anyway it was better than doing nothing.

What do you think? :idea:
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

It will get us nowhere. But go for it. To tell you the truth, if this game isn't released here I wouldn't care at all.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Who cares... Its jsut a game..

However I think I would Import it anyway :)
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

I'll be sticking to my plan, a.k.a. hope they release every Suikoden game in one disc for PS3 (they can do it).
[evil laugh here]
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If the game doesn't get either a NA or PAL release, I'm sure there'll be a couple of petitions popping up anyhow. Though I doubt if they are truly effective.

More importantly though, the decision should depend on how well will Rhapsodia do in Japan. These sneak previews can be deceiving. We only have to wait and see how it turns out.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Making petitions online is never effective, so that's pretty much a waste of time.

I honestly would'nt care if Rhapsodia is'nt released in the US. Like someone else said, I would import it and play like that.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

What I think about petitions is pretty much as most people do, they usually are unuseful to get released a game which has already been denied.But they indeed do make a precedent, they even can be the excuse some people in konami need to press their bosses to make a general release... and you people that no really care about rhapsody, think that if a spin off is released, then surely next suiko games will eventually do(we got SI & II in europe, but not SIII, you never know... :?: ).

Lets be optimistic anyway :wink:
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Fu Su Lu wrote:What I think about petitions is pretty much as most people do, they usually are unuseful to get released a game which has already been denied.But they indeed do make a precedent, they even can be the excuse some people in konami need to press their bosses to make a general release... and you people that no really care about rhapsody, think that if a spin off is released, then surely next suiko games will eventually do(we got SI & II in europe, but not SIII, you never know... :?: ).

Lets be optimistic anyway :wink:
One PS3 disc can hold all Suikoden games (including the Gaidens). So there might be an eventual SIII released in Europe. They can rerelease all Suikodens in one PS3 disc.

That's what I'm waiting for.
[evil laugh here]
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

Although it's a bit extreme I always import games when they come out in Japan, then if it's something like say Shin Megami Tensei, Suikoden 3/4 or <insert unlikely release RPG here> I buy it locally (PAL if they do a good job) to show my support for them being bothered to release it somewhere normal folks might get it. Saves me having to sit with a huge dictionary on my lap too! :lol:
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wait a sec im confused here

isnt suikoden tactics the english name for rhapsodia?

because suikoden tactics is coming to the usa and thats 100 percent true

I got the pre sell in my hand waiting for november to play it so its deffinetley gonna be coming out in america since all the major game stores are taking pre sells and its in there computer
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Konami has yet to say whether or not Suikoden Tactics is coming to America, so no matter what the retailers say, they really just don't know. Just because video game retailers have a release date and they're taking reservations doesn't necessarily mean that the game is coming over here.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

but wait... wouldnt konami have to contact these retailers and let them know what games are coming out? if not then how can game retailers now what to put in there computer or for that the matter that the game even exist?

and why would konami even bother trademarking the name suikoden tactics in america only if they never planned on bringing it to america?

I think when a game retailer gets there information its gotta be info from the develper or publishers thats giving them that info

so if the game retailer hears a games coming out in america than its coming out in america, it might be delayed but suikoden tactics is deffinetley coming to usa unless konami scraps the entire game altogether and cancels its release anywhere in the world

besides strategy rpgs are doing great in america right now so why wouldnt konami release a srpg in america?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Your questions about how a retailer knows when to put release date information on their site is something that you should ask them, not us. Titles have been trademarked before without being used; what makes this situation any different? We just don't know if Suikoden Tactics is coming to america or not. Suikoden III was supposed to come to the U.K. and that never happened. There really is no point in time when we can say "this game is definitely coming to America," since we don't really know. The only time when we can say that the game is here is when it's sitting on the shelves waiting to be purchased. Things can happen in-between now and then that might delay or even cancel the release to america, and right now we don't know if Konami is bringing this game here. So, not only is the game not announced outside of Japan, but even if it was something might happen that would result in the game not coming over here, for whatever reason. So, that's two (maybe even more that I'm not aware of) big obstacles that prevent anyone from saying "this game is in America."

Don't get me wrong, I personally hope that Suikoden Tactics will come over here, but let's not be ignorant enough to say "Suikoden Tactics is most definitely coming over here" when we don't really know.
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

All I can say if Rhapsodia didn't come out in NA or PAL it would just be really sad, for the fact how Konami treats Suikoden and us the fans of the game as such. Suikogaiden all over again...? I hope not...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

More than likely the game will come over here, since strategy games are popular, at least at the moment. TRPGs hardly ever sell over here, so it was logical of Konami to not release a text adventure over here. I've heard that strategy games aren't very popular in Europe, so there's a good chance that the game won't be coming over there. Here refers to NTSC U/C and there refers to PAL.