Will suikoden tactics show us the fall of Kooluk?

Closed with the release.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Im expecting kooluk to be involved and Leknaut as well

I hope they put alot of story into rhapsodia and so we can learn what happened to hero 4 and elenor and cray and ect ect

also it would be amazing and a great move on there part to add runes and 1 or 2 true runes in a new gameplay element, it dosent mean they should make a new rune just for this game though

I deffinetley would love to have hero 4 come back but this time with complete mastery over his rune and much better and cooler look to him and more expression on him

just like suikoden 4 had ted I would like this game to have A true rune bearer, somebody like wyatt lightfellow before he became A zexen knight he was travelling the seas and aquired the true water rune with krylls help or something like that

would love to see more info on how kika died and aldos "accident" and just alot of info on events in suikoden 4 and alot of story that explains suikoden 4 and hopefully we will also see more of the nation of Gaien and there armies

then hopefully if they can cover all that in tactics they will start making suikoden games set after suikoden 3 and let me tell you this ive been reading the novels and they have enoguh knowledge of suikoden 3 to build on it without murayama
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

Some of that would be cool but we won't be seeing wyatt or someone. They haven't had their rune for long enough to be alive then. They aren't even born yet so that idea is highly unlikely. But still. We might end up seein charcters that have been mentioned or even Windy, Neclord and Yuber (though I highly doubt it).

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Snow-Vingerhart

Post by Snow-Vingerhart »

of course Kooluk will be involved ...I mean there is no other enemies but them...who will Kyril fight ?? it gotta be kooluk... :twisted:

and believe me if the directer of S4 worked on Rhapsodia the story will be not as interesting as the last games...so don't excepect to know much about Kooluk :?
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

I really don' think that we will be fighting Kooluk. We may fight against some of them but I think it will be more along the lines of Suikoden 3 and the enemy won't be a nation but a group of people.

Even if Hero4 comes back, he won't have complete mastery over his rune. It takes more than a few years to master a rune. In S3 it seemed that Geddoe and Luc had the most power with their runes because they had them much longer.

I think it would be great to see some other characters again. I think any of the true rune bearers would be sweet. Does anyone think that Crowley's desire to have true rune-like power without having a true rune may be related to rune cannons?
Riou's Reincarnation

Post by Riou's Reincarnation »

Well, from what I have gathered, Rune Cannons are simply a type of substance that multiplies rune power. You notice the more powerful ones were the better mages. :wink:
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

I'm not betting on any real True Rune appearance. The best we can get is Brandeau or the RoP's bearers before him. Hero4's situation may vary according to data-transfer (which we don't actually know if it will happen), so he may be either alive or dead, after the "during Suikoden 4" period.

As for Kooluk: we may get a glimpse. After all, they did affect the Island Nations. Again, this depends on where the setting is. I won't count on it if the setting during S4 is Gaien, since this was the only real nation uninvolved in the war. There may be reference, though.

Kyril may not be fighting Kooluk, but still: there are pirates and possible rebellions (maybe the people of Gaien wanting to send some forces to Razril).

Based on interviews and game reviews we're going to see enough character history to make up for the lack in S4. Maybe we'll need more than one playthrough to understand it all correctly. :wink:
[evil laugh here]
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

There is always a chance of seeing a true rune bearer. Playing with Ted in 4 was pretty sweet and we might run into a bearer of a true rune that we've never met. Maybe we'll see the true lightning rune before Geddoe had it or something like that.

There were some plains battles pictured, they could possibly be the grasslands.