It's the hope that kills you

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Destinys_Warrior

It's the hope that kills you

Post by Destinys_Warrior »

Antimatzist

Re: It's the hope that kills you

Post by Antimatzist »

Yuki Kaji was also a voice actor in Suikoden Tierkreis and Tsumuji. So ... why not. Supposedly, it's not Silent Hill, Metal Gear or Castlevania.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I've got my clown makeup ready for September 16th and I won't regret it.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Given that no one from the original team or even Tsumuji seems to work there anymore I'd be very hesitant hoping for a new Suikoden from the current Konami. A remake/remaster/collection, sure, but Suikoden VI? I have my doubts that'd turn out particulary great.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

It'll probably be Suikoden Pachinko or Suikoden Survive, lol.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

We should probably keep a post with this title pinned in this forum
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

I'm sure everyone will enjoy the new Suikoden gacha with fanfic-tier story writing :)

Buy this lootbox for a chance to roll Jeane!
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:14 pm Given that no one from the original team or even Tsumuji seems to work there anymore I'd be very hesitant hoping for a new Suikoden from the current Konami. A remake/remaster/collection, sure, but Suikoden VI? I have my doubts that'd turn out particulary great.
This. The majority of the Suikoden team has been disbanded. Most of them left and now are working on Eiyuden Chronicle. I can't trust Konami making legitimately solid Suikoden game. At this point, I'm more excited for Eiyuden... unless Murayama somehow bought the IP
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I’m betting on a remake collection of some sorts if it is Suikoden that Konami plans to reveal. Having the voice actor of Jowy could be just a coincidence or intentional…
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

JuveLeo wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:33 pm
Raww Le Klueze wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:14 pm Given that no one from the original team or even Tsumuji seems to work there anymore I'd be very hesitant hoping for a new Suikoden from the current Konami. A remake/remaster/collection, sure, but Suikoden VI? I have my doubts that'd turn out particulary great.
This. The majority of the Suikoden team has been disbanded. Most of them left and now are working on Eiyuden Chronicle. I can't trust Konami making legitimately solid Suikoden game. At this point, I'm more excited for Eiyuden... unless Murayama somehow bought the IP
They could always hire R&B as the developer. I do think because of Eiyuden development that something like a remaster would be the first thing to happen and then a new game later if they wanted to go that route.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, Konami's reaction to Bloodstained was several Castlevania Collections. I think with Suikoden, it'd be the same. Three collections (Trilogy + Gaidens, IV, Tactics V, Infinity games) could work for me, if I'm allowed to dream.

A new game? Not so much. I'm also not sure which studio could pull it off anyway. R&B are too busy with Eiyuden. A different team with Murayama as advisor? Possibly, but I doubt it.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Has Konami even done a collection that includes PS2 games yet? I think all their collections thus far have been 2D games from NES, SNES, Gameboy/Advance or Arcade eras which are quite small in size. If we assume a Switch version, I just don't see them putting 3-4 5GB games on one cartridge even if it's technically possible as it also increases the cost exponentially.

The Cowabunga Collection is below 4 GB, but that's mostly the extra stuff, the roms aren't that big.

Suikoden I, II plus the Gaidens could fit on a 4GB cartridge, could even fit the Saturn version in there as well, but put III on there as well and it requires a 8 GB cartridge at least.

And that's ignoring that Suikoden III supposedly would require a remake to go beyond PS3 because of the middleware it uses not being available to license anymore.

I'd be very surprised to see much more than the 2D games, and then I'd be even more surprised if the Gaidens survived outside of Japan. I suppose it's possible since Square did Radical Dreamers, but I'd also be surprised if this is anything Suikoden related. There's been "news" that they recently renewed the Suikoden trademark, but trademarks are renewed when they're going to expire, not because you're releasing a game and under the same logic it might as well be Boktai since they renewed that TM too.

Obviously, other platforms aren't really restricted with the sizes but I don't really see Konami throwing all games on one disc.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I read somewhere that Konami renewed the trademark back in June, but it's just getting talked about now. Can't remember where I read it, though.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:38 am Has Konami even done a collection that includes PS2 games yet? I think all their collections thus far have been 2D games from NES, SNES, Gameboy/Advance or Arcade eras which are quite small in size. If we assume a Switch version, I just don't see them putting 3-4 5GB games on one cartridge even if it's technically possible as it also increases the cost exponentially.
The Metal Gear Collection consisted of 2 PS1, 2 PS2, a PSP, and a PS3 game released on two discs (MGS1 was only a download though). The Silent Hill and Zone of the Ender collections also contained PS2 games. That was for PS3, though, and all of these have been released a long time ago.

In case of a Switch release, I could see it as a download, i.e., you buy the collection and when you want to start the game, you need to download a huge file first. I think technically, that would be possible.

But yeah, that's very unlikely, and even the inclusion of the Saturn version (or a re-translation) is already super unlikely. Maybe they'll just announce that the first two games will be available as a PS1 classic for PS4/5, lol.
Destinys_Warrior

Post by Destinys_Warrior »

Suikoden I HD Remaster, I’m okay with that!