Suikoden series "Golden" version?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
RevKoden

Suikoden series "Golden" version?

Post by RevKoden »

If let's say Suikoden have like Persona's Golden/Fes extended version, what do you think should happen in it? Well since my favorite is Suikoden V, i'll start with a few of my ideas, for Suikoden V "Golden" (Note: It's not a complete remake rather additional stuff you can get in-game).

Playable Characters
Definitely one of the biggest sin of Suikoden V is how many characters that looks playable BUT are NOT playable in the party. Some said they are more fitting for war stuff than exploring with your party. Well no..i respectfully disagree with that. If they can fight in war, surely they can fight in your party as well. Well here's some characters in Suikoden V that should've been playable:
- Shinro. Weapon: Abacus
- Chuck. Weapon: His Claw gloves. (but he dislikes fighting...hmmm..he said he wanted to make that fight with Prince his last one)
- Wilhelm. Weapon: His sword he carries around on a world map(WHY CAN'T HE BE PLAYABLE?!)
- Mueller. Weapon: His prodding rod
- Linfa. Weapon: Throwing Cards
- Dongo. Weapon: Hammer(I don't know about this.)
- Babbage. Weapon: Throwing Gears(This one too)
- Craig. Weapon: His sword(Times three..but he really needs his own Dragonhorse mount, i'm even thinking of creating a non-SoD Dragon horse for him)
- Shula. Weapon: Fan
- Boz. Weapon: Spear

More Unite Attacks:

Valya Siblings Attack (Shula & Josephine)
Josephine tries to strike the enemies, but Shula throws his fan quicker than her, making him gets the kill. Josephine gets pouty over him and becomes Unfriendly.

Viridian Charge (Craig & his Dragonhorse mount)

Armesian 3-Spearman Attack(Zegai, Nakula & Nifsara)

Charged Weapon(Babbage, Sorensen & Lu)
Babage throws his enhanced gear that latches on his apprentices weapon, and make them more better and faster, but it makes his apprentices runs quicker. Causing them unbalanced.

Fierce Beauty(Urda, Lorelai, Hazuki)
A variation of Conceit, but with Urda, Lorelai, & Hazuki instead.

Weird Girls(Eresh, Lu, & Josephine)

Lindwurm Mercenary(Wilhelm, Mueller, and Richard)

SAPPHIRE(Nifsara & Linfa)
When activated, Nifsara & Linfa will swoon a the Prince and the pretty boys. Increasing their attack times the pretty boys.

War Battles
For visual stuff, allows Lieutenant to be on the side of the commander when in battle showcase.

More lax Recruitment:

Make Euram also born under Roy's Stars of Destiny and ability to recruit Euram if either one of them died.
This way you can decide to recruit Eresh-Roy, Euram-Roy, AND Eresh-Euram. This way it will allow multiple endings for some characters(I like Roy's death Faylen's ending more for example). I mean if Boris can died and replaced by his son, why not Euram?

MORE to COME
Last edited by RevKoden on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
sticky-runes

Re: Suikoden series "Golden" version?

Post by sticky-runes »

one thing I would like to see for all games is to toughen the enemy soldiers up. We get so many advantages against them its ridiculous. When we have an encounter with enemy soldiers, they should be able to use unite attacks against us (so a group of enemy archers could shoot the party with a barrage of arrows or crossbow bolts, for example) and they should be able to use technique runes as well such as unicorn for spearsmen. They could also use spells and scrolls against us.
Also, the Highland, Kooluk and Godwin soldiers looked like such sissies. So I would upgrade their appearance, and make them look more heavily armed later on in the game, perhaps introduce some axemen with strong defences. This is just to stop the enemy encounters from being so tedious.
RevKoden

Post by RevKoden »

^ Ah that's nice. I like that co-op by enemies.

Some ideas for Suikoden V "Golden":
Forgot this guy, Boz Wilde. Make this guy also playable.

Make Euram also born under Roy's Stars of Destiny and ability to recruit Euram if either one of them died.
This way you can decide to recruit Eresh-Roy, Euram-Roy, AND Eresh-Euram. This way it will allow multiple endings for some characters(I like Roy's death Faylen's ending more for example). I mean if Boris can died and replaced by his son, why not Euram?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah, letting Euram replace Roy would be decent, and not too unreasonable (Tomo had two possible stars in S2 depending on whether you chose Valeria or Kasumi)

Don't forget Egbert. He carries a sword so he should be a fighter, and have some sort of berserk rune on him. Boz has a battleaxe that he holds in one cut scene so he should be able to use it in combat a la Kwanda Rosman (except for S1, there has been a sad lack of axemen in these games). It would be good to see Boz fighting against Guisu.

I always felt that Alenia and Zahhak had a poor send off, taking the suicide drug against us in a lame group battle. I would like to have seen duels between Kyle and Zahhak, and Miakis and Alenia. That way we would be treated to some nice closeups of the queens knights fighting styles in action, while listening to them taunting and insulting each other!