What would be your ideal "Real Time" Suikoden game?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
sticky-runes

What would be your ideal "Real Time" Suikoden game?

Post by sticky-runes »

If there were ever to be a spin-off game set in the original Suikoden world that had real time combat instead of turn-based combat (so it could be in the style of a Zelda game or Elder Scrolls or Arkham, god of War, Metal Gear whatever) which characters would you like to see and play with, and which settings? I'm imagining that games like this would not have as big a cast as a traditional Suikoden game, but would focus on particular characters and allow us to explore their abilities and personalities a bit more intimately, and also allow us to live moments of Suikoden history that we've only heard mentioned in the existing games.

Doesn't matter if you think up an unoriginal idea that won't sell, as this is just a "what if?" topic.

Here are some ideas:

Georg Prime's career
A game that follows Georg's story as he hones his fighting skills and pursues his many adventures including his experiences as a Queen's Knight, Ebony Moon Knight and a General of Scarlet Moon. We'd get a chance to master all kinds of sword techniques and witness his meetings with all kinds of characters and fight in large scale battlefields for real.

Dragon Knights
I've always fancied the idea of starting off as a child who learns to bond with a dragon and eventually start flying into battle, using combinations of aerial attacks and fire breath and spear fighting. Of course, dragons and dragon riders have been an overused trope for many fantasies and RPGs, so it could probably be a multiple scenario game that features other factions specializing in mounted combat, such as the insect riders and dragon cavalry.

Sindar seekers
Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider style adventures featuring Lorelai and Zweig and probably Killey and his red bird clan or whatever they're called. Lorelai has used different weapons in each game she's been in, so this game could allow us to use different weapons with the same character. This sort of game probably wouldn't have much to do with war like the Georg Prime and mounted combat games, but it would be more dungeon focused and probably have a lot of death traps and puzzles to overcome, and lots of texts to read as we unlock the Sindar secrets.

Human/animal companions
I'd love to play as Kinnison and Shiro hunting in a forest, mastering Kinnison's archery and sending Shiro to catch prey, maybe a bit of tag going on so we can switch between characters and use Shiro's keen senses to detect enemies. We could probably include other human/animal relationships from the series, such as Norma and Ernst on their quest to learn about Ernst's condition. Maybe Millie and Bonaparte and Lotte and her cat. Could throw in Hugo and Fubar for good measure. This game could also feature playable characters of different races, such as kobolds and elves. Playing a kobold could be like playing Kinnison and Shiro in one, so using human fighting techniques and possessing dog-like senses at the same time.
BrucePrintscreen

Re: What would be your ideal "Real Time" Suikoden game?

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I would love an Odessa's story game in which you follow her path from a pampered ass noble girl to a rebel heroine. With only a handful of associates but going through a lot of moral evolution and challenges.

I think a point and click games in the style of LucasArts games. Sort of a Monkey Island but in the Suikoden universe. But who could be the good character to do that?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Oboro in Nagarea (after Suikoden V)

A stealth-action game of some sorts. I think it would be pretty cool to find the former Nether Gate leaders and take them out

Rikimaru's Revenge

Pretty much again a action game, Rikimaru's slashing through hordes of enemies to find his revenge.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

George Prime in the times of the 6 great generals is the only posible right answer
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Neclord X wrote:George Prime in the times of the 6 great generals is the only posible right answer
But was there any conflict he was involved in during that time?

I like the idea of Georg's life as a game.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Was Georg not involved in the War of Succession? I didn't pay much attention to that stuff. :oops:
Or is there a chance he might have come into contact with Humphrey and/or the Silverbergs around the time of the Kalekka tragedy?
BrucePrintscreen

Georg in Congo
Georg in America
Georg and the Picaros
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

I'd like to see Barbarossa Rugner be the protagonist in a Kessen III-like RTSG. It would chronicle his life during the Succession War, as well as the defense against Jowston's invasion of the Scarlet Moon Empire. It would also give us the details of the Kalekka Incident and the first time Barbarossa meets Windy.
A raw tomato for the win!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Roshambeaux wrote:I'd like to see Barbarossa Rugner be the protagonist in a Kessen III-like RTSG. It would chronicle his life during the Succession War, as well as the defense against Jowston's invasion of the Scarlet Moon Empire. It would also give us the details of the Kalekka Incident and the first time Barbarossa meets Windy.
And we'd get to use his beloved sword Prakk! 8)
BrucePrintscreen

I would love a game in the style of Elite and Frontier:Elite II where you get to explore the Suikoden universe without any storyline and just to make your own destiny, trade, fight, etc.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

- Don’t like real time or ego games, but if it has to be one, then maybe about someone yet (mostly) unknown, maybe Clift the Crusader.

- Tactics game about the formation of the Liberation Army (Odessa, Humphrey, Viktor, Flik, Sanchez, Mose)

- Major-battle strategy game about the Succession Wars and Kalekka Incident (something like Langrisser)

- A WoW-like strategy game where you can choose a culture and its heroes, build an army and a realm, and defeat your enemies; cultures would be elves, kobolds, dwarves, wingers, soldiers, ninja, dragon knights, bandits and mercenaries, martial artists and monks, pirates and fishermen, warriors and barbarians, aristocrats/narcissists, etc.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

FPS featuring Clive running about Harmonia causing it.
s21

Post by s21 »

Playing as the Flame Champion during the first fire bringer war could be turned into some epic action game, something similar to dynasty warrior games where you have to fight hundreds/thousands of harmonian soldiers by burning them with your rune

And you could also made a RTS game in the suikoden universe, since the stories always involve large-scale wars
With multiple factions/races such as Harmonia, Grassland, Dunan/Toran, Armes
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Definitely a member of the Howling Voice Guild doing missions and using awesome weapons.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Guns suck. :|