Kojima is Expected to Leave Konami After MGS5

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
suiken

Kojima is Expected to Leave Konami After MGS5

Post by suiken »

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima ... 0-6426024/
A fallout between Kojima Productions and its owning publisher, Konami, has led to senior staff at the studio being restricted access to corporate internet, emails, and phone, GameSpot understands.Along with the restricted communications, key developers at the studio, such as Hideo Kojima, will now have limited opportunities to lend their appearance to promotions of the studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. Power struggles between Kojima Productions and Konami have led the publisher to make drastic changes, including the employee status of its Metal Gear team. Some senior staff at the studio, including Kojima, now essentially work as contractors, not permanent employees.

The extraordinary measures were revealed by a source within the studio, speaking to GameSpot on the condition of anonymity. The person explained that, once the Phantom Pain project is finished, in all likelihood the management at the studio will disband.

"After we finish MGSV, Mr. Kojima and upper management will leave Konami. They said their contract ends in December," the source claimed.

The person added: "At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."
Konami is doomed. Selling Suikoden to other companies is our best hope.
BrucePrintscreen

Re: Kojima is Expected to Leave Konami After MGS5

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

How much do they want for it? I may inherit soon and I'd like to invest.
suiken

Post by suiken »

You might as well hire Murayama and Kojima together after you bought the IP with Nobuo Uematsu as composer and Yoshitaka Amano as art designer. :D
BrucePrintscreen

Yes but if Konami still owns the rights to the Suikoden franchise, even if I hire Murayama I can't make him work on Suikoden. What I need before anything else is to buy the franchise itself.

I've got this nice, ancient sculpture made of ivory in India in the 16th century, if Konami wants it, I exchange it for the rights on Suikoden.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

In the case this was true (it could be just basless rumors) that would be good news. Is a win-win situation.

If he leaves konami and it goes down, there is always a chance their trademarks (not only Suikoden, but Castlevania too) goes to the hands of someone that like to exploit their franchises, like namco-bandai, if he leaves konami and manages to stay on bussiness the MG they will do in the future won't get a good reception and it will obligue them to use other franchises.

In any case Kojima leaving Konami would mean, Metal Gear will stop being their only resource (yes, the trademark wil be still theirs even Kojima leaves but we all know how this comunity of fanboyism work, every MG without kojima will be a disaster in sellings even if is the best MGS ever) so theyll have to use some of their forgotten trademarks.
suiken

Post by suiken »

That's not always the case. Seeing how profitable casual audience is, Metal Gear can still sell well. If crappy titles like FFXIII, RE6 and annual COD games sold millions, I don't why MGS can't
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Just buy out Konami then.
BrucePrintscreen

How many Medieval manuscripts is Konami worths? I'm ready to give some to every shareholders.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

8 old books and a world map should be enough. You could add a peeing boy and some graffiti to be safe.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
BrucePrintscreen

I own one of the very few original copies of the 'Foras' complete heraldry catalogue of Savoy nobility in six volumes printed between 1866 and 1905. That's six old books. I add an original edition of Cyrano de Bergerac and a rare copy of the 'Manuel Digest' of Andorra signed by former Prime Minister Marc Forne y Molne. No joke, if you own the rights to Suikoden, please pm me, I trade these eight old books for it.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

But if BrucePrintscreen buys the rights to Suikoden it will end up just being about Valeria and Lorelai lezzing out all the time.
BrucePrintscreen

sticky-runes wrote:But if BrucePrintscreen buys the rights to Suikoden it will end up just being about Valeria and Lorelai lezzing out all the time.

Oh come on, of course not!

... there will also be Rina and Odessa.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

sticky-runes wrote:But if BrucePrintscreen buys the rights to Suikoden it will end up just being about Valeria and Lorelai lezzing out all the time.
I don't see the problema there 8)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Now the Kojima logo has also been removed from the SIlent Hills P.T. website. This is all just strange, especially how they "advertised" it as written by Kojima.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Doesn't Konami have a bit of a reputation for vindictiveness when handling disputes with their creative talent?