What if Windy replaces Leknaat's in a new Suiko? Also ideas

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
bluemask

What if Windy replaces Leknaat's in a new Suiko? Also ideas

Post by bluemask »

My idea is that a grand battle between Pesmerga and Yuber takes place and Leknaat tries to intervene to avoid the conflict between Stars of Destiny, in the process, Leknaat gets killed and produces a great amount of power that turns both warriors into stone. Windy gets wind of it and considering the responsibility, she tries to renew her actions by forcing herself to replace Leknaat as the guardian of the 108 stars (considering she's really MIA and not dead). While Windy lives, Barbarossa could live as well if he was able to keep the Sovereign Rune intact, he could be accompanying Windy and could be ala Luc in Suikoden II. Not using his great power tho.. but could be if it wouldn't be so powerful as to destroy a whole city.

It is revealed that Viki and Jeane is a result of a cloning experiment using a master Cloning Rune that was revealed by Windy which she doesn't know what happened. Viki on the process, unconsciously produces multiple Time warping dimensions as she holds the True Blinking Rune that causes the successfully cloned Jeanes to exists on multiple timelines having the same appearance and age. Viki on the other hand produces only a single clone who doesn't remember anything (thus, producing a clumsy one while bearing a Blinking Rune as well which could be a copy of a True Rune or not) as her rune seemed to hinder the cloning process. The real Viki had a little sister who is also named Viki (Suikoden III) who was told by the Real Viki to keep an eye out on the clumsy one as she could be a great threat if her real power is unlocked. This was not an easy task as the small Viki only catches up on the cloned Viki in Suikoden III. Later on, it is revealed that the Real Viki is Leknaat herself and that her death could have produced great collapse within the whole planet.

What do you guys think? I think there could also be a way to bring back Leknaat to live by finding a True Resurrecting Rune.
Atma

Re: What if Windy replaces Leknaat's in a new Suiko? Also id

Post by Atma »

I............................... think the emphasis on the cloning stuff is a bit too tangent to the point to go so crazy with it... I also never really liked the theory that Windy was still alive - I feel like all the theories that have Windy dead tend to be superior - whether Leknaat had the body moved and she recovered the other half of the Gate Rune herself or that some magic crap disintegrated them - I just feel like any story that brings Windy back is forced.

The Viki stuff you have here isn't the worst ever just because there's something significant about her, the power of her rune whether triggered by accident or what is pretty huge... although I think trying to justify young Viki's existence is probably a bit too much.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Hahaha I thought nobody would mind what I said due to the overflowing craziness.

I think I was a wee bit drunk when I wrote that. Well, I just think the plot need something new, something that would break the norm of the series and there, Windy came up on my mind all of a sudden. I also wanted to finalize the cliffhangers that took ages for the series to not really tackle on (Sudden mention of Yuber/Pesmerga lol).

I think I'm too focused on Jeane and Viki to the point that I want the game to finally rest in peace. D: I don't care about the timeline lol.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I do think we could do with some changes in regards to Leknaat, Jeane and Viki, since they pop up in all games and don't actually do a lot. Jeane did get a bit of storyline treatment in Suikoden 5 as she was commissioned by the Godwins to work with the Sun and Twilight runes, so I'd like to see her getting more involved, maybe even expand on her relationship with characters like Eresh and Raura.

And Leknaat actually took a stand with us in the first game when she tried to banish Windy's monsters, so a flashback or even a playable scenario that actually shows us their struggle which resulted in Leknaat's blindness would be nice as well.

I'm a bit bored of Leknaat's astral projections and Viki and Jeane just wandering off/disappearing at the end of each game.
Atma

Post by Atma »

I dunno... I think Leknaat is actually a lot like Windy - or at least it could be played that way... I mean they both want revenge against Harmonia - Leknaat taking kids right out of Harmonia's grasp shows her intent to hurt them... she just plays the long game. I DEFINITELY think that aspect of the game, leading to this hypothetical series conclusion, would be a necessary part of it all.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I don't think Lenkaat wants revenge against Harmonia. She has never claimed to do so. I don't think the word "Harmonia" has ever corssed her lips. I always thought that she stole Luc and Sarah because of kindness to suffering children. Or at least to restore balance. Harmonia having access to both Luc and Sasarai, as well as a child with unheard-of powers would easily tip the scale.

I always pictured Leknaat as more serene and ethereal than someone concerned with petty things like revenge. I mean, the woman glows with her own radiance!
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

^ I think I have to agree. She just wants a balance of the True Runes but her non-appearance in III is somewhat... weird considering five True Runes are involved. Maybe she wants to avoid since Luc is particularly involved. I dunno...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Leknaat didn't steal Sarah, Luc did. And stealing one single child that was unusable to Harmonia is hardly playing the long game.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Yeah I have to say that's true since Leknaat doesn't seem bothered by Harmonia at all. If she wants to destroy it, she could just scare the crap out of the officials there. She's not that powerless to do that... unless Hikusaak is well, alive and kicking.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

bluemask wrote:Yeah I have to say that's true since Leknaat doesn't seem bothered by Harmonia at all. If she wants to destroy it, she could just scare the crap out of the officials there. She's not that powerless to do that... unless Hikusaak is well, alive and kicking.
I could be wrong or reading too deep into something, but I thought Leknaat stole Luc away from Harmonia as payback for the destruction of her village. If that's the case, the she still hold some sort of resentment towards Harmonia.
PSN: FreshMetal80