What characters would you like to see younger/older?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
BrucePrintscreen

Re: What characters would you like to see younger/older?

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

sticky-runes wrote:I'd like to know how Bolgan turns out when he's older. He was only, what, 15 in Suikoden 2? And he was a brick-built sh!thouse, he even dwarfs Viktor and Rikimaru. And I want to know what he ended up studying.

And I'd like to see Lepant and Eileen when they first started courting. Apparently Lepant was a playboy in his youth just like Sheena, so I'd like to see him being all jack-the-lad, but then meeting Eileen and becoming a committed husband.
Admit it, you also want to see a young Eileen :P not that I can blame you for that!

I'd like an older Meg, I bet she'd become a perfect grandma, always telling the little kids that "adventure calls"! Meg doesn't worth a cent as a playable character but she's somewhat touching as a person.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:
Admit it, you also want to see a young Eileen :P not that I can blame you for that!
♪ ♫ Come on Eileen
Oh, I swear what he means what he means
At this moment you mean everything
You in that dress
My thoughts I confess
Verge on dirty
Oh, come on Eileen
♩ ♬

Actually, Eileen was only 32 in Suikoden 1, so she must have only just ripened when Lepant got her up the duff.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

BrucePrintscreen wrote: I'd like an older Meg, I bet she'd become a perfect grandma, always telling the little kids that "adventure calls"! Meg doesn't worth a cent as a playable character but she's somewhat touching as a person.
Though not in her grandma days yet, Meg has legit-ly appeared as a mother(?) in the Suiko Gaiden games. A sneak peak when Viki accidentally teleports Nash to the future lol. There's an older Yuzu as well.

Here's how Meg looks like (the bottom one): http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/408699

Both Yuzu and Meg: http://www.suikosource.com/images/gaiden2/3b/02z.jpg
BrucePrintscreen

Wow, I really need to play these Suikogaiden games someday :)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Isn't Rita the Suikoden 4 equivalent of Meg? Maybe she's Juppo's great grandmother or something.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

sticky-runes wrote:Isn't Rita the Suikoden 4 equivalent of Meg? Maybe she's Juppo's great grandmother or something.
I think that's right because of her whole character. Heck, some characters from 4 are just re-imagined characters from 1 or 2 for the sake of continuity lol... so creative and original :/
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I think its also because of Junko Kawano's character designs, we got to see what some of her characters from Suikoden 1 would look like in highly detailed 3d graphics.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I would like to see Viktor and Flik once more. Their relationship and the situations they got themselves into was always a joy to watch.

I'd also like to see Alan and Grenseal once more. Both were party of my final party and both played a big role in my party, so I kinda grew attached to them.

Mostly, however, I want to see the majority of the cast of Suikoden I. I feel in Suikoden I many characters where forgotten, due to it being the first and most characters not being trivial to the plot. A lot of characters are recruited by just talking to them, so they're not very memorable that way either.

Sure, a lot of characters where SODs in II and/or later games, some of them made cameos in Suikoden II (Lotte, Sarah, Alan, Grenseal, etc), but had no portrait.

So I'd like to see them. I feel like we haven't got the chance to meet them. Who's Griffith? Who's Kirke?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Piisuke wrote:
Mostly, however, I want to see the majority of the cast of Suikoden I. I feel in Suikoden I many characters where forgotten, due to it being the first and most characters not being trivial to the plot. A lot of characters are recruited by just talking to them, so they're not very memorable that way either.

Sure, a lot of characters where SODs in II and/or later games, some of them made cameos in Suikoden II (Lotte, Sarah, Alan, Grenseal, etc), but had no portrait.

So I'd like to see them. I feel like we haven't got the chance to meet them. Who's Griffith? Who's Kirke?
Ideally, I'd like a remake of Suikoden 1 that fleshes out all the lesser characters a bit more and maybe gives us side quests where we learn more about them.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I have been saying that as well. I think a remake would work well, especially when it is handled i.e. the Super Street Fighter HD Remix where the sprites are updated. Think Suikoden II sprites, but updated and more animated.

I've also said, for a long time now, to design a game based on the Succession War. I have said previously how I feel this could tie in perfectly with Suikoden I and give Suikoden I some nostalgic feeling for when you play this after the Succession War and see the faces once again.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

The Succession War could probably be included into a remake of S1, either as a prologue or a bunch of playable flashbacks or an unlockable scenario when you finish the game or something.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Sigh... This is why Konami SHOULD hear the fans, good plot ideas and the likes. The series is not dead, they killed it. Oh how I wish a remake goes into a fruition. It shouldn't be that hard to do considering they're just redoing things not making something from scartch *pffft*

Anyways, back on topic, do you guys want to see an older version of S2 heroes? It's pretty old (a few years back), Fumi Ishikawa did this art for the Suikoden Enyclopedia:
http://i.imgur.com/5ixf0.jpg
BrucePrintscreen

That's all good ideas, guys, a remake of Suikoden 1 would be great. Especially since I read somewhere that its creator actually wanted to do S2 first and saw the making off of S1 as a sort of test run. I always wanted to see S1 with the graphic quality of S2 (the sound is okay. Am I the only one who thinks that the soundtrack of S1 is so great it sounds out of place in a game with such mediocre graphics?)

Perhaps that's what we should try to make, instead of yet another fanmade game with stereotypes?

Bluemask, that's a beautiful illustration :)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

yes, the Suikoden 1 soundtrack is timeless. It doesn't sound "video gamey" (even S2 had a few video gamey tracks and S3's soundtrack was video gamey all the way through) but all of Suikoden 1's music sounds like a movie score.

An exact copy of the original game with updated visuals and mechanics so it looks and feels like S2 would be fine. When I replayed S1 recently, the one thing that kept bugging me was how I could only have one rune per person, and I just wanted to skip through it all to Suikoden 2.
Personally, I would like Suikoden 1 all in 3d polygons though, so I could walk around Gregminster for real and look up at the mansions and sparkling fountains and see dragon knights flying over head, and I could finally see Viktor up close.

Back on topic, I'm not too fussed about seeing the S2 heroes when they get older, because of the multiple endings, and I spent enough time faffing around with their friendship drama in the game as it is. I've always been more interested in the supporting cast.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

sticky-runes wrote:yes, the Suikoden 1 soundtrack is timeless. It doesn't sound "video gamey" (even S2 had a few video gamey tracks and S3's soundtrack was video gamey all the way through) but all of Suikoden 1's music sounds like a movie score.

An exact copy of the original game with updated visuals and mechanics so it looks and feels like S2 would be fine. When I replayed S1 recently, the one thing that kept bugging me was how I could only have one rune per person, and I just wanted to skip through it all to Suikoden 2.
S3's soundtrack is the one thing I hate about the game.. I couldn't stand it, so much for ruining a good game.

As for me, what bothered me when replaying S1 is the graphics lol. Oh and the runes not having a description too, I thought Earth rune was doing nothing at all...