The Current State of Konami

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Xelinis

Re: The Current State of Konami

Post by Xelinis »

Not good: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1044 ... 3-percent/

Konami as a whole (i.e. not just the video game division) saw a net income of $87.4 million, a big drop for the company.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

That always happens when they have off years. Even Square Enix has that happen when they stagger releases of Final Fantasy titles.

Metal Gear always seems to save them.
Formerly known as: Gothann
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Suikoden is one of the best things to come out of Japan, I don't care what anybody says. Futch is right; it's up to us as fans to create awareness around the globe. Is anything like this being done since this thread was last discussed? Those of us who have blogs, for example, should exchange emails and e-get together to work on promoting Suikoden through our blogs. I saw also there was a Suikoden Day thread which has been going on for a while, right? A great idea - we need things like this. Suikoden is under-rated and unappreciated, there is something very special about these games that nothing else contend with and we all know it, hence why we're here! So let's take action, form a Suikoden society or something (if there isn't already one) and make it more formal; the more of us who speak up about this, the more they'll have to take notice. Come on people, let's not let this magnificent series die out without a fight!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

You might be interested in the Suikoden Revival movement: facebook.com/suikodenrevival
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Antimatzist wrote:You might be interested in the Suikoden Revival movement: facebook.com/suikodenrevival
I don't think she would be Interested in that, because she doesn't care what anybody says
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:You might be interested in the Suikoden Revival movement: facebook.com/suikodenrevival
I don't think she would be Interested in that, because she doesn't care what anybody says
I've never wanted a Facebook-style "like" button on this forum more in my life.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Really? :evil:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I was interested - and liked! And who's 'she' - the cat's mother? Pfff
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I did join in the suikoden day thing on facebook. I wasn't going to, because I thought my activities might pop up in my newsfeed, and my friends and relatives might think "eh? whats he doing something like that for? weirdo." but then I thought - fark it. All my contacts upload their geeky interests in stuff like star wars, dr. who, twilight and all these music videos that I don't give a shoot about, so why not show my support for a video game franchise that has had an impact on me personally?

just beware that a lot of people on gaming communities consider themselves "too cool" to become involved in any sort of fan-made revival projects.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

How do you mean 'too cool'? If that's the case, they're not true fans!!!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

LadyCyclone wrote:How do you mean 'too cool'? If that's the case, they're not true fans!!!
A lot of people think it's a bit lame to be involved in a campaign or something similar, might it be fear of friends who might think you're a weirdo or just looking uncool in the eyes of some trolls.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

If you think too much about how the rest of the world thinks about you, as an adult, you might have some maturing to do. Not saying this to anyone directly, but just general consensus.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

LadyCyclone wrote:How do you mean 'too cool'? If that's the case, they're not true fans!!!
I'm thinking more of the kind of stuff I saw when I was using the gamefaqs/gamespot forums. You literally get people who log on to those sites just to blast posts that they don't approve of. which includes when somebody writes posts asking or making suggestions about any future suikoden games. It's just a very unwelcoming environment.

Personally, I like to see when people express their love for a game by creating some impressive fan art based on it.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

sticky-runes wrote:
I'm thinking more of the kind of stuff I saw when I was using the gamefaqs/gamespot forums. You literally get people who log on to those sites just to blast posts that they don't approve of. which includes when somebody writes posts asking or making suggestions about any future suikoden games. It's just a very unwelcoming environment.

Personally, I like to see when people express their love for a game by creating some impressive fan art based on it.

I call such people 'angry internet nerds.' Who try to show some exert some kind of superiority online because they are experts in video games and nothing else. And it's pretty pathetic because people are supposed to be united through their love of games; not have some people look down on others because they might not be as 'clued up' as they think they are.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

LadyCyclone wrote:
I call such people 'angry internet nerds.' Who try to show some exert some kind of superiority online because they are experts in video games and nothing else. And it's pretty pathetic because people are supposed to be united through their love of games; not have some people look down on others because they might not be as 'clued up' as they think they are.
That's exactly how I feel about those people, Lady Cyclone (although I use certain 4 letter words to describe them). They've got all the endings to a video game and memorized the story off by heart and... that's it. That's all they've accomplished with their lives. And they feel that gives them a right to treat others like they are not worthy to be playing the game. I also get the impression that they don't like the thought of "sharing" their favourite video game - i.e. Suikoden is this unknown product that hardly anybody has even heard of, and they want to keep it that way, in their back pocket, so nobody else can enjoy the experience.
suiken

Post by suiken »

At least Konami is better at holding their household titles. Capcom on the other hand, just dropped the megaman franchise into the garbage bin. We all know that megaman is one of their household titles and does have a huge following (yes, much bigger than us suikoden fans).