Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Ashietaka

Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

Post by Ashietaka »

Okay guys, the Suikoden bug has bit me. I WANT SUIKODEN 2 ON PSN! The only reason why I haven't bought Suikoden 1 on PSN yet is because Suikoden 2 isn't on there. I only want to play Suikoden 1 again to transfer my data over to Suikoden 2. Yes I have the games, but if you're like me, you want to purchase them on PSN, also other people who haven't had the chance NEED TO PLAY SUIKODEN 2!

So, we did it for Suikoden 6, we bugged the heck out of Konamis facebook page, and we got a reply. Well, I'd like all of you to lend your hand once again and this time to ask for Suikoden 2 on the PSN. Who knows if this will make any impact, but you never know until you try. I'm not getting my hopes up that this will work, but it will let them know that people do truly want the game, and maybe we'll get a response from Konami like we did before. So come on please, go to Konami's page https://www.facebook.com/konami?sk=wall&filter=12 and tell them you want Suikoden 2 on PSN, heck, xbox live, whatever, BUT, Suikoden 1 is on PSN, that's why I suggest PSN. The best RPG of all time deserves to be on PSN, it's a jewel that many people haven't yet had the privilege to experience, lets help make it happen.

Share your thoughts as well on here, or any suggestions. Lets try to be positive instead of negative, negativity is not part of these forums. (what I mean s no bashing other peoples suggestions or comments)
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Re: Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah its a sound idea, ill support that even though it wont effect me at all. The U.K PSN doesnt even have Suikoden I. I believe that this is our key to a suikoden 6, assuming that suikoden II sells well that is. I cant see why they havent done it, i mean they wont get any money from the ones sold on Ebay for £120 or watever it is now will they? I not sure how much a group of fans will be able to impact this decision, no matter how many of us there are. But i guess we've got nothing to loss have we... :|
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Why not try to get Suikoden on the European PSN first? And then if you manage that, THEN push for Suikoden II on PSN, that's actually something i'd be willing to participate in.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

While you're at it, why not get card stories released in North America, then get Suikoden III released in Europe, then get Suikoden released on the PSN in Europe and then Suikoden II.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Why only card stories? Why not Gaiden as well?

In all seriousness though, it does seem that you are highly sarcastic in your comment, Oppenheimer.

Just do your thing guys, but don't be surprised if it doesn't live up to your expectations.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Oppenheimer wrote:While you're at it, why not get card stories released in North America, then get Suikoden III released in Europe, then get Suikoden released on the PSN in Europe and then Suikoden II.
lol, suikoden ii on psn actually sounds possible though.

oh and suikoden on european psn. that actually sounds more likely than sii on psn.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Yeah, Sony cares a lot about customers and is gonna hear our request, also, they are free, it's not like they have any problems right now, so they can expend time fulfilling our requests. XDDDD
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Exactly, I think it sounds more likely to have a disc based anything than having anything come on to the non-existent PSN store right now.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

we're talking konami here, not sony. unless sony does handle the whole getting the games ready for release on psn, which i kinda doubt. psn is apparently coming back up by the end of the month anyway.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I wasnt aware that it was still down, I dont have a PS3, im waiting until "the last guardian" is released, theres no game on it yet thats made me buy it yet. I think that trying to get Suikoden II on PSN in North America would be the best plan. If it does well on that then they would be more likely to show the series some attention. Then maybe we could try for them both on the European PSN and then if Suikoden II gets other people into the series then they might finally pull their hand out their arse and deliver suikoden VI.

Even though i adore Suikoden I, i think that if i hadnt played the series before and bought it now i wouldnt be that impressed or interested in following the others. Mainly because a) With due respect to the game its graphics arnt the easiest to look at by today standards. b) The gameplay is quite dated in that you cant run with out the godspeed rune and the lack of space in the inventory is annoying. But maybe im wrong i mean how well has it done in NA?

As for suikoden III released in PAL (even if it was a "joke"): We got the mangas and thats good enough i think, i enjoyed the books more then the game anyway if im honest. And card stories: just not interested...
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'm interested in Card Stories as a DS-Port, a bit enhanced. I mean Capcom brought out "Capcom vs SNK Card Battle" (or so) and it is such a poor game. So why not release a (imo) good Card game like Card Stories again?

But I'd also wait after Sony got their PSN problem fixed.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

The Playstation network is already up. The only thing that isn't is the store, as far as I know and that one will be up the 24th of May, as stated by them at least. But it might be later.

It will be up soon enough, I guess. Not that it will change anything in the benefit of Suikoden here in Europe, though.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

and and and, I want trophies too! I think it would be so awesome to add trophies to the suikodens that I have already beaten 123098102398 times, it will add extra challenges and rewards :D
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

:lol: yeah good call thats a nice idea.
TenkaiStar108

Post by TenkaiStar108 »

TrueWater00 wrote:and and and, I want trophies too! I think it would be so awesome to add trophies to the suikodens that I have already beaten 123098102398 times, it will add extra challenges and rewards :D
I love this idea! I would totally reach for 100 percent if they did this <3